I play on a MacBook Pro.

2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
GeForce 8600M GT (128MB)
Native Resolution: 1440x900

Anyhow, I run WoW with minimum settings, except for Spell Detail for certain fights. Frame rates are rarely an issue, but seeing as it is a laptop, I try to be as gentle as possible, considering, like all MacBooks, it gets VERY hot while playing WoW. That being said, it should be more than capable of running WoW at minimum settings, and I run it at 1152x720, rather than native.

Out of a certain fear for over-stressing the computer, I also run a fairly minimal UI, though I would like to run a more elaborate one, something similar to CaithUI.

I'm just wondering how much extra stress a complete UI with transparency and panels, Pitbull, etc... adds. Should it matter at all? Where is the extra work being done of redrawing each UI element? With 2 gigs of RAM, it seems like it shouldn't be a big deal, but I just wanted to ask. I do notice a bit of a lag in performance when using a heavy UI, like I have in the past, but is it something to be concerned about?

I'm hoping to get money towards a Mac Pro desktop as a graduation gift, so hopefully, it will be moot in a few months.