Thread: 3.0.9

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: 3.0.9

Quote Originally Posted by Picklesrtasty
    Mutilate got nerfed =(

Buffing pallys and nerfing everyone else... again?
    Because Rogues have had it soooo hard for the longest time and only became strong RECENTLY and then nerfed...right?
    ......right?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    im not sure what nerf you're talking about...

Sanctified Seals only prevented seals from being dispelled and now that is working 100% of the time for all specs.

BoF was always able to be purged unless you have Stoicism which has a 30% chance to not be purged.

so no Nerf...
    3points in stoicism 2points in seals = dispells still have a chance to target seals that only have a 4% chance to be dispelled.
    With 3.09 all dispells will just disregard seals completly
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillborn
    Honestly, from a PVE healadin PoV the DP nerf doesn't make a difference to me and other SP/crit/haste fans.
    I always thought it was pretty stupid to gem for intellect, because the only thing you gained was the ability to mindlessly spam Holy Light without having to worry about mana. The thing is, there is no use for mindless HL spam cause you only end up with the majority of your healing done being ineffective.
    Then Honestly you haven't done the fights that count, just because you don't run OOM in naxx doesn't mean this change won't effect other Holy's.

Try doing a 3 drake OS 25, or for that matter, a 3 drake OS 10, which we have yet to get, so close. I had to regem EVERYTHING to set up for these fights. I was running a pure SP build, over 2300 SP unbuffed. After all my chant / gem changes where done, i was almost stacking pure int, still some SP / Int gems, and a few pure SP. I am now between 2067 - 2211 SP, depending on Trinkets.

In fights like 3 drake, HL spam is King, you think your FoL is gunna save the tank from a breath... or keep the welp tank alive....ha, in 3 drake there is no "down time" or a safe time that using Plea won't change your Hps, its all out till OOM and hope the Dps gets them down in time. (gross oversimplification, but you get the point)

the divine plea issue also is very affected by the number of healers in your raid. in BC 8 healers in a 25 man was the norm. Now 6 may be too many. i've heard that naxx 25 man was 2 healed for all but Saph and KT.

so if u are running 4-5 healers the divine plea issue is much bigger than it is in a group running 6-7 healers.

on the plus side if u run 4-5 healers in a 25 man hopefully the fights are short with extra dps.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Full cleared Naxx 25 and Sarth (20 man with 1 drake up... bastard guildies skipped out on 2ds), and the DP issue wasn't noticeable at all with my healing. I started off being ultra-conservative on pressing the button, but as the night went on, I started using it like I normally had used it (not spamming, but using it more than once in an encounter like patch).

This however was a problem:

Despite having nearly 900 haste with JoTP, for some reason FoL and HL both seemed to be painfully slow. The other pally healers noticed the exact same issue. This required some mental re-adjustment, but said and done now, so no biggie I guess. We also managed to integrate more FoL's into healing to help conserve mana, which I guess is the intended consequence.

For all you priests/druids/shammies listening into this thread, you win. We're finally not utterly destroying you on any heal meters, it looks like things are getting closer to equal.

ZOMGS......I almost went OOM.......I finished Patchwerk on 25 man at 35% mana after solo healing a hateful tank cause the priest that was on the same tank with me DC'ed at 50%. Thought about popping divine plea but then decided I didn't need to cause we were close to popping the "I Win" button (Bloodlust) where I would be popping wings anyway, so pop arcane torent and he was dead. However, that is the lowest I have ended any boss fight thus far in wrath. Maybe tonight on our 3 drake attempt I will finally go OOM - prolly not.

Now I will admit I was sorting my bags out last night and came across a couple stacks of water, don't remember when I bought them. Healed a heroic HoL before raid time and I did something I have not done in quite a while. I had to sit and drink while we were looting Loken. I knew that water would come in handy.

I never really popped DP while in combat, last night or any raid for that matter. Usually as we are running to the next pull or during trash since the raid healers have everything under control and I just glance at the tank's hp (damn tanks never take any hits anyway). So not a nerf really and I was running around with a 25k mana pool last night so I was fine and I get to keep my +32 spellpower gems and the rest are +16 int. And, can still spam HL to my heart's content and throw a few quick FoLs in there for fast crits so I can get some mana back to deal with enrages and the likes.