DK pvp arena spec

ok so b4 i start know that i made this up b/c i was bored waiting for classes to start
    keep in mind i don't live by this spec and haven't even tested it
    if it's crap tell me with a good reason, im honestly just looking for feedback

the point of this spec is to still have howling blast and be able you self heal and keep ur grp up
    i got used to howling blast with dw dps raiding spec and miss not having it lol
    i have trouble keeping next to my target so the little bit of range it gives me would help alot

id plan on poping hysteria and leting the holy pally/ my self heals make the self damage effect unimportant as me and the hunter blow the dps alway and then the team takes their jolly ol time downing the left over healer

i figure ghoul pet isn't need b/c 1 i can still summon a ghoul for 2 mins
    and 2 to get the ghoul u have to put a point in the self ghoul talent which i've noticed doesn't work in arena

rune tap help with heal
    blah blah blah check out the spec and tell me wat u think

if it's crap feel free to point me in the right direction

thanks

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=181607010605

Re: DK pvp arena spec

Well let's see, first off I'm glad to see you're trying something new, however I do see a few problems with the spec.

1. DK + Hunter + holy pally is a decent combo however the only realcc you have is a hunter trap so you all will more than likely have problems being cc'd yourselves.
    2. You have no real burst damage. You haven't specced into anything that will take down your opponent very fast save for howling blast.
    3. bloodworms are useless in arena, they take 3 talents points you could be using elsewhere. They also have a relatively low proc rate and will die at the first aoe that comes around such as a howling blast or an arcane.
    4. In a 3v3 self heals wont matter as much because they're going to realize that you're blood immediately cause of the aura and go straight for the hunter. Thus killing your squishiest and most bursty teammate. In a 2v2, however you would probably do very well.
    5. Your job is not to keep your group up, that's the pally's job, your job is to keep dps off the pally and to kill. Instead of death gripping someone right off the bat, try waiting til a melee goes for your healer then pull him off at max range with a nice chains of ice follow up.
    6. The permanent ghoul as well as self ghoul do in fact work in arenas, however the self-ghoul is a chance on death not 100%.

IMO you've got a great team lined up for 2v2, but in 3v3 I feel that blood is probably not the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaknmecrzy

6. The permanent ghoul as well as self ghoul do in fact work in arenas, however the self-ghoul is a chance on death not 100%.
    Ghoul rez will no longer work in 3.1

thanks for ur honest opinion guys
    that's wat i was looking for
    im by no means a GREAT arena player and just thorwing ideas around
    thanks again

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jamaknmecrzy
    1. DK + Hunter + holy pally is a decent combo however the only realcc you have is a hunter trap so you all will more than likely have problems being cc'd yourselves.
    2. You have no real burst damage. You haven't specced into anything that will take down your opponent very fast save for howling blast.
    3. bloodworms are useless in arena, they take 3 talents points you could be using elsewhere. They also have a relatively low proc rate and will die at the first aoe that comes around such as a howling blast or an arcane.
    4. In a 3v3 self heals wont matter as much because they're going to realize that you're blood immediately cause of the aura and go straight for the hunter. Thus killing your squishiest and most bursty teammate. In a 2v2, however you would probably do very well.
    5. Your job is not to keep your group up, that's the pally's job, your job is to keep dps off the pally and to kill. Instead of death gripping someone right off the bat, try waiting til a melee goes for your healer then pull him off at max range with a nice chains of ice follow up.
    1. It's propably the BEST combo.
    2. Indeed, you really should invest more points either to get Heart Strike or to boost obliterate.
    3. They ain't useless, but you have a point tho. Much rather invest those points in Bloody Vengeance or something. On another note, Vendetta is useless aswell.
    4. They would propably go on hunter anyway, but yea, with this spec you won't do that good DPS while they pew your hunter. Way to healing focused. Too much selfhealing is NOT good.
    5. Pretty spot on aswell, you're much better off raping one of the enemies while occasionally peeling people off hunter/paladin with DG + CoI, instead of thinking you are a healer.
    6. No, self ghoul does NOT work in arenas. If it's chance on death, it's a 0% chance.