Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Disc priests strenghts in arena are no more.

Penance will be self castable in the next patch which might be the biggest PvP in the entire patch.

That is the biggest PvP buff a Priest could ever hope and pray for.

I for one could not be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball
    First off your rogue saps the DK and goes for the pet, trying to force a trinket on a pala with fear from the priest. After that you generally you just train a paladin for a MD and a kill. Still requires decent teamplay, offensive play from the priest, but DK is not really able to peel your rogue off the paladin, the only thing he might do is protecting his bubble with Strangulate on you. Can't honestly see a better way of winning this.
    No..... jsut... purely.... no

Rogue saps the paladin start on the DK (screw the pet) while the priest goes from sap-mind control-fear. (the paladin will trinket unless your rogue is hori-bad and has shit gear) Once he trinkets blind him and he WILL bubble. Doesnt matter if you dispell it or not, you cannot possibly lose at this point.

Either wait for blind to be up again (might require a bit of pilar humping) to get the DK or get the paladin doesnt matter... it's hard for them to win without MS and you to lose....

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdrage
    Penance will be self castable in the next patch which might be the biggest PvP in the entire patch.

Lol, it will eb barely any buff as a matter of fact.

Priest do not die to classes that cannot lock out your tree. And arc mage can rape your ass if you are dumb enough to cast a holy spall (pennance included) and if you try casting against a rogue anything but mind blast Your gonna get raped unless you communicate with ur partner.

On the most part pennance selfcast will help against retradins (which we have - problems with now) and and possibly Dks ( only god ones cause trouble... and those are rare) oh right! completely forgot about ferals that will probaly be the biggest buff

This ofc is a post that speaks to the majority of the really bad priests. A good priests will call his rogue for a gouge before casting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdrage

Lol, it will eb barely any buff as a matter of fact.

Priest do not die to classes that cannot lock out your tree. An arc mage can rape your ass if you are dumb enough to cast a holy spall (pennance included) and if you try casting against a rogue anything but mind blast Your gonna get raped unless you communicate with ur partner.

On the most part pennance selfcast will help against retradins (which we have ZERO problems with now) and and possibly Dks ( only god ones cause trouble... and those are rare) oh right! completely forgot about ferals that will probaly be the biggest buff

This ofc is a post that speaks to the majority of the really bad priests. A good priests will call his rogue for a gouge before casting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzaron
    I can literally run around in circles doing /laugh against those two and never go below 90%. (ret/dk is a 100% free win)
    Not quite sure about that, I'm only 2k, not big deal yet against skilled players you will take large and inconveniently timed hits... But about the win chance, is pretty much like that, except when the rogue gets cocky and follows the pally behind a pillar only to get dropped like a fly, that's about the best chance to win.

With the mut nerfs hopefully it will be doable as I managed to oom priests frequently in that fight as ret/dk before dying.

your spec is horrible, no wonder you lose

Quote Originally Posted by Aerials
    your spec is horrible, no wonder you lose
    1. it's not bad, could use improvments but is far from horrible, and he was not asking about this anyway
    2. there is no cookie cuter spec for disc, it depends a lot on playstyle and role in the team

About the spec, since it came up:
    Crit talents are bad. You should not balance surviving around random procs. So go for Spell Warding for more survival against spells (mages, ret pallies (!!), dk, almost all classes deal some kind of magic dmg). Or go for Divine Fury for more burst, but I don't think you are ready for that yet.
    If you go OOM a lot, you should spec in bouth Absolution and Mental Agility (since you like to spam dispell alot from what I understand, so do I tbh).
    Renewed Hope is also a crit talent, this you should replace with Aspiration, it's a very good one once you start to live longer, make macros to use IFocus with Mass Dispell or other expensive spells, clicking it sucks... Macro PI to Mana Burn, but keep a selfcast macro handy to, since you will need it to spam heal your rogue sometimes. Or spam Holy Nova with it.

So the talents don't need a lot of work TBH, the ones you use are not bad, but some of the choises I listed might be better.

And FFS get profesions... If you have no money for skilling up, take gathering profs - Mining will give you an extra 500 life and good profit to skillup the other prof. Engi is a godly pvp prof btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaromir

Here is my analysis :

Mana pool : i have 13,3k mana in pvp gear ( wich im supossed to wear ), it's quite small

Mana regen : i have 115mp5 ( with prayer of spirit ), any pal with my gear would have arround 200 with wisdom

Right. And you're speccing DISC. Disc's mana regen is not SPIRIT GEAR, it's CRIT GEAR. I see all these priests wearing spirit regen gear instead of the crit gear and wondering about this?

Also, manaburn more and it won't be your problem anymore. The entire point of going with a rogue, or the reason why rogues work well with priests, is they buy you more casting time.

Dispel : With all the new anti-dispel talent ( 30% resist ), you can blow 4-5 dispel trying to remove the buff you want. That a lot of mana
    This isn't new, it's part of the game. You should get dispels in when you can so that when it matters (bop, assist down) you're not having to go through 4-5.

Mass dispel : The only use of mass dispel being to remove pally bubble, with now every pal has 30% resist from prot tree, mass dispel barely work. Cost huge mana
    Iceblock, also it's more efficient cast on 6 people in general than dispelling 6 times.

Shadowfiend : why paladin have a mana regen buff with 1 min CD ( that gonna be undispelable next patch ), while priest have crap shadowfiend that barely get us 25% of our mana back and require the pet to damage the enemy ( at least he's almost impossible to kill )
    We also regain the mana while casting/healing, paladins can't. Everyone knows paladins are the kings of efficiency so this is an unfair argument. Paladins cannot bring priests to 0 mana in ~6 cooldowns. Priests can do that to paladins.

Low armor : priest being the lowest armored healer and s5 gear don't provide extra armor ( like in s4 ) i feel like im being raped by any melee with ease.
    You mean rogues, right? Warriors cannot get through a priests defenses, they don't generate enough rage. DK + Paladins are mostly magic.

Tons of silence : with DK, ret and arcane mage being fotm, i feel like i'm always chain silenced. Very hard with a DK pouding on you.
    DK is mitigated by 1 disease buff rolling on you. You can shackle gargoyle or ghoul. Silence is bad, but again that's the point of running with a rogue: they can get out of trouble while you're silenced.

No instant self heal : priest being the only healer with NO instant self heal ( but prayer wich is a 11pts holy talent ). Yeah power word shield is nice, but ennemy can still interupt you when you try to heal yourself in your bubble.
    Holy Nova is our instant self heal... you should be glyphing for it to increase healing while reducing damage. And be sure to not spam it on top of your rogues CC.

Disc Priest is:
    Holy Nova, PWS which also heals via glyph, Renew, Mending, Desperate Prayer, dispel which heals via glyph and watch for interrupts to be on CD so you can flash. Then at 1800 we get battlemaster's trinket.

Stack tons of stamina and res : why priest need to stack ton of pvp stats while other healers like pally can faceroll on pve gear and be impossible to kill.
    That's a DPS issue. We've been saying forever that there needs to be a way to mitigate PVE gear (not allow it in arenas).

That my impression of the class, and seeying blizz still not nerfing Dks and Ret paladin. I feel like i'm gonna reroll an other healer.

Any comments ?

armory : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rthas&n=Jawbee
    DKs were gutted in PVP, are you kidding? Ret was dramatically lowered as well from where they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaromir
    Hi !

I'm currently running disc / mutilate rogue on 2v2 on ruin battlegroup. We are doing between 1600 and 1650 rating. We have average gear.

However, i find priest to be quite a weak class in arena right now, compared to how powerful they were back in s4.

Here is my analysis :

Mana pool : i have 13,3k mana in pvp gear ( wich im supossed to wear ), it's quite small

Mana regen : i have 115mp5 ( with prayer of spirit ), any pal with my gear would have arround 200 with wisdom

Dispel : With all the new anti-dispel talent ( 30% resist ), you can blow 4-5 dispel trying to remove the buff you want. That a lot of mana

Mass dispel : The only use of mass dispel being to remove pally bubble, with now every pal has 30% resist from prot tree, mass dispel barely work. Cost huge mana

Shadowfiend : why paladin have a mana regen buff with 1 min CD ( that gonna be undispelable next patch ), while priest have crap shadowfiend that barely get us 25% of our mana back and require the pet to damage the enemy ( at least he's almost impossible to kill )

Low armor : priest being the lowest armored healer and s5 gear don't provide extra armor ( like in s4 ) i feel like im being raped by any melee with ease.

Tons of silence : with DK, ret and arcane mage being fotm, i feel like i'm always chain silenced. Very hard with a DK pouding on you.

No instant self heal : priest being the only healer with NO instant self heal ( but prayer wich is a 11pts holy talent ). Yeah power word shield is nice, but ennemy can still interupt you when you try to heal yourself in your bubble.

Stack tons of stamina and res : why priest need to stack ton of pvp stats while other healers like pally can faceroll on pve gear and be impossible to kill.

That my impression of the class, and seeying blizz still not nerfing Dks and Ret paladin. I feel like i'm gonna reroll an other healer.

Any comments ?

armory : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rthas&n=Jawbee

Dont complain about low mana pool and regen until you actually get good pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Soothe

Dont complain about low mana pool and regen until you actually get good pvp gear.
    He's at over 800 resilience, mostly hateful gear, so not poorly geared. I sit at over 900 res, 22.5k health w/ fort, and with a mana pool < 15k in mostly hateful gear (deadly gloves / cuffs) and tend to agree that mana pool/regen is too low for our needs. We don't need the infinite supply we get in pve gear, but as it stands now it is underbalanced vs other classes. The only saving grace for me is that in 3's fights don't last long enough for that to be of note, but in 2's it's often a problem unless I can get away to drink (running w/ frost mage so it's hit and miss).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    He's at over 800 resilience, mostly hateful gear, so not poorly geared. I sit at over 900 res, 22.5k health w/ fort, and with a mana pool < 15k in mostly hateful gear (deadly gloves / cuffs) and tend to agree that mana pool/regen is too low for our needs. We don't need the infinite supply we get in pve gear, but as it stands now it is underbalanced vs other classes. The only saving grace for me is that in 3's fights don't last long enough for that to be of note, but in 2's it's often a problem unless I can get away to drink (running w/ frost mage so it's hit and miss).
    Are you disc specced?

If you are...

are you crit geared or spirit geared?

spoiler: crit + aegis returns more mana and is more efficient than relying on spirit or OOC.

A priest in full spirit PVP gear has about 50 more mana/5 while casting and about 250 more mana/5 while not casting than one in full crit.
    One in full crit will crit ~20% of the spells they cast, over the 5% a spirit geared priest w/o crit talents will be at, causing that many more divine aegis, causing bigger heals which means more return from rapture.

It is mindboggling why so many priests are disc which is clearly crit dependant, then go for spirit gear and wonder why their regen is not good.

In PvE yes.

In Arena PvP... No.

For PvP you NEED the set with spirit.

Deleted

For pvp you dont necessairely need the spiritset, it depends on the spec you use.

Most pvpers obviously will go for the spiritset, because they dont like critbased talents in their pvpspec, thus making crit a wasted stat.

Personally I tried a pvp spec, and didnt like it one bit, I actually perform much better in my pvespec, propably because I'm used to it, so I'm aiming for 3pc crit gear and 2pc spiritgear (so I get 100 more resilience).