Curious if yal have this ability...

I apologize for this simple question, but I play a DK and am not that familiar with your class. Do druids have an ability that will slow targets in any way, preferably more then one target? The reason I ask is because we have a solid 10 man Naxx group, but we're lacking what we'd really like to slow the zombies down on Gluth (the hunter isn't Survival, Mage isn't frost, no fury Warrior, etc). We have a druid coming in now instead of our warrior as the second tank and I'm curious if there was something he could do when I have Gluth on me to assist with the control of the zombies. Thanks in advance.

*Edit* Grammar are for dummies.

Re: Curious if yal have this ability...

for gluth zombies no.

a moonkin might be lucky with some stuns.. but thats now slowing

you either need
    - a deathknight doing their aoe shit
    - a rogue with slow poison + FoK
    - consecration pala
    - a huntard

Those options are certainly the easiest to use (imo).
    Tho the kiting is only as good as the player whos actually doing it.

Lots of other classes can control these zombies as well - but stick to those 4 options i mention.

15+ Year Old Account

I guess an option is to use a druid with decent tankgear if he has the talent Infected Wounds (decreases movement speed by 25%), but then again why take this detour if you're bound to have at least 1 dk or hunter or shaman

we usually have our fury warrior trading back and forth with our pally/feral tank while our DK/pally tank kites. The fury warrior is easy to heal as long as he has acceptable tanking gear.

We have used a ret pally to tank, and that same ret pally to kite in another run. We have also used a DPS spec DK for both roles. There are tons of options, just make sure that the person doing the kiting knows what he is doing. Also, it really helps if the kiter has tanking gear equipped to make the healers job easier incase they start getting hit.

The standard hunter slow trap is all you really need to keep the zombies off the kiter. When the decimate comes, have the mage drop the frost nova and nuke away.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40920

Yes, we have a slow. But we prefer pally/DK tanks + shaman/mage for the kiting.

Easiest combo there is Hunter (Not a hutard) + Mage and shaman Healing them +earthbind totem.
    Add 1 more mage for 25 man.
    You'd wish to see my armory link here!

15+ Year Old Account

take your pally healer
    tell him to put his holy-spells-more-aggro-thing on
    let him heal himself + put in randomly some consecrations
    works perfectly fine.
    the second (or the second and the third) healer simply heals the tank. at gluth there is NO ONE else taking dmg than the zombie kiter and the actual tank. so a pally is quite nice to do this job even without slowing..., since he wears plate.
    at decimation no one takes dmg than the tank, so all healers can spam the tank with heals until he's topped off again. rinse and repeat.

in 25 man, you may take a second healer, additionally healing the pally who kites. and of course you have earthbind totem then (+ maybe frost trap), never seen a 25 man without at least one shaman.
    the trick on this is, you don't "waste" a dd (some dds in 25) for kiting. the kiter needs heal, thats fact. you simply get hit now and then, so heal is mandatory. well... if the kiter is the healer in one person = win.

15+ Year Old Account

In short: druids have no means of snaring mobs, except through a glyph which due to the nature of the spell, won't help with Gluth anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

Just thought I'd share last nights experience....

my guild was doing a 10man naxx run to gear up some new members, but I was the only tank left at gluth... we eventually solved it by doing this:

our main druid healer quickly respecced to tank and let her MT the boss, with a DPS DK standing next to her to taunt the boss each time the MT got 3 stacks, and we decided to put me on the adds due to having high avoidance etc

I think we ended up with a setup of; 3x rogue, 1xretri-pally, 1xresto-shammy, 1xelemental-shammy(who healed), 2xdruid tank, 1x dps-DK, 1x mage

ele-shammy with me in the back, me running around earthbind totem which went surprisingly well, and the rest of the raid on boss...

I did end up with 99x the debuff increases dmg taken by 100, but I never took a series of hits close after oneanother so it was easily healable

so I guess its perfectly doable as a druid

15+ Year Old Account

Not unless they add the infected wounds talent effect to Swipe at some point in the future... that'd be hot shit.
    Mímir, 100 Night Elf Hunter, Stormrage

meh, just respec and make ur blodboil or other shit slow them

For our 10 man we have our mage(any spec rly), hunter, DK or ret pally to it. realy any class can. I would personally if i ever specced Demo(meta for kiting =))