Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: retribution Paladin's FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheous
    I have one query. I don't disagree with the ideal gear for a Ret paladin as it is all the best items. But I was wondering, would it not be best to use the pvp gauntlets for the 5% crusader strike benefit, if you already have 4 other pieces of the set. That way you will get the 4 set judgement bonus, plus an extra 5% damage to your crusader strike.
    The PVP gloves were fantastic in BC because Crusader Strike made up such a large part of our total damage done. In Wrath, that's not the case. Crusader Strike damage is usually coming in just ahead of Consecration on single target fights. The bonus simply isn't worth it anymore.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    i'd say it would be good to mention you don't need to match the gem color with the socket color. sometimes the bonus can be stamina which may not be worth sacrificing strength (red gem) for.
    added the comment.

Wait.

People actually pay attention to socket colors?

LOL

Add the cookie cutter pve and pvp specs. 80% of ret questions seem to be about what spec to use. http://www.talentchic.com/Paladin/Retribution

15+ Year Old Account

There been some discusion about how ret paladins shud socket.

If JC.
    27 str in all blue sockets
    16 str in all red socket

for the yellow socket is more of a prooblem.
    u can either put 16 str or 8 str / 8 (hit/crit)
    what i do is to look at the socket bonus and to look if it's worth to put a orange socket in it.
    if it's not then put a 16 str.

for those who are not JC.
    16 str in all red sockets

with the 2 others u gota look at socket bonus and then look at wich sockets u can put.
    for blue: there is no socket that is purple that grants STR + something usefull. so for blue it's just 16str

for yellow u gota consider again.
    but since none of the blue sockets on ur gear matches, just put 16 str if there is a blue socket on the piece.
    but for items like valorous t7.5 where the socket bonus is 8 str. go for 8 str / 8 (hit/crit)
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by bee
    The PVP gloves were fantastic in BC because Crusader Strike made up such a large part of our total damage done. In Wrath, that's not the case. Crusader Strike damage is usually coming in just ahead of Consecration on single target fights. The bonus simply isn't worth it anymore.
    Ah ok, must admit, I was still influenced by how useful they were in TBC and thought it would carry on into Wotlk

About the rotations, those are correct for people not using 4pc t7. With 4 piece your judgement cooldown comes down to 7 seconds which means it clips a *lot* with crusader strike if you use CS after judgement. It's better to use any 10+ sec cooldown (DS, cons, exo) after judgement so that you won't have to worry about clipping for a few rotations:

To summarize: 4 piece t7 priority list with cooldowns:

Judgement (7), DS/Cons/Exo (10+), CS (6), Judgement (7), DS/Cons/Exo (10+). Spare cooldowns can be used for holy wrath or mana abilities.

Hammer of Wrath takes over the spot of CS in that list, so it would be Judge, Ds, Hammer, Cs, Judge, Cons, Hammer, Cs etc

isn't FotFF better than a Mirror?
    I know it's situational and not the best choise for some fights, but Id chose FotFF for a patchwerk for example...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendalph
    isn't FotFF better than a Mirror?
    I know it's situational and not the best choise for some fights, but Id chose FotFF for a patchwerk for example...
    You've said it yourself, it's situational. On fights like patchwerk where you don't have to move and FotFF is up all the time, yes it's better. On fights that have you switching targets all the time MoT is better.

Not that it matters, but MoT is better on Trash. Some ppl care about that :P

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    bump and vote for sticky pls
    might wanna fix all the spelling errors and stuff. It wont get stickyed lookin like it does now.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben
    might wanna fix all the spelling errors and stuff. It wont get stickyed lookin like it does now.
    ok ill look into it tonight

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    ElitistJerks FAQs etc are more aimed towards experienced players and include a whole load of stuff that newcomers don't understand or need yet. A generic newcomer-friendly FAQ is quite welcome in my opinion.
    To be exact, elitist jerks is for people who think they're experienced.

About the thread itself - It shouldn't be stickied if it's a compilation of someone elses guide \ faq, lots of this is copied from EJ.

No offence to you, I'm glad you want to contribute, but it should really be your own words, Q\A and info. I'm not saying all of it is, but you should really switch things around, list it differently cause it all feels so familiar.