Blood-DPS, what do you pull?

I'm new to blood spec, did unholy leveling up and frost most of the time at 80. Switched to blood because we have a 25 man raid with an unholy death knight, frost death knight tank, dual wield death knight dps, and myself. There's no enhancement shaman or anything either so I figured even if blood was a small dps loss over my other specs, the overall raid buff would make up for it if not surpass it. I ended up second overall with something like 4200 - 4600 DPS (don't remember the exact number) from Thaddius, saph, and KT (I was unholy for the first part of the raid, respec'd blood before the continuation). My DPS on Thaddius was 5953, saph was like 3500, and KT was something like 4200. I'm only using the HoL axe as a weapon with like 3400 ap and 33 or so crit with horn of winter. Is that decent for blood, or should I be changing something? Thanks for any input you got, or let me know what kind of rotations you do. I'm 51/0/20.

Re: Blood-DPS, what do you pull?

Haven't tried in naxx yet but i jus tried out the boss dummy in Ebon Hold and was getting a steady 2.8-2.9k over 5 mins using my trinket 3 times and DRW twice.

The 80 dummies i tried out with AOTD (xD) got a 10k DPS Spike with DRW/Trinket. But with no AoTD i was pulling about 3.3k-3.4k over 5 minutesish.

So take from that what you will

I'm surprised you're able to pull such strong numbers without speccing 51/13/7 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMqu0IcbRxzAoG0x0hZfM

Having to reapply diseases after every obliterate, I would think, gimps your DPS severely. You'd also gain another 3% crit from Annihilation. However, your stats look pretty decent--and if those DPS numbers are in fact what you were pulling, you're right on target. I rarely seen anyone pull over 6-7k DPS on thaddius since the HAT rogue nerf. Likewise, 4200+ DPS is very solid for KT and sapph. Keep it up.

Hoc - Dethecus

Edit: Get a new weapon. :P

I don't have the sigil of awareness so 51/13/7 is less useful than it could be. I've been starting out with obliterate then following with diseases and a 4x hs rotation or something of the sort, varies as the fight goes along, but ob ends up clearing diseases when they have 1 or 2 seconds left, and i have the runes up for re-diseasing, so they are up 95% of the time on bosses. And yes, I'm trying :P nothing has dropped yet except the jawbone after 3 or so 10 man naxx's and 2 25 man naxx's, and the jawbone has bad stats :P

on another note: necrosis was pulling off like 17% of my dps or something, it was I believe my third top damaging ability. After testing both specs, with my current gear setup necrosis + bcb was largely better than annihilation, at least until i get a 200+ dps weapon and sigil of awareness

I'm surprised. I wouldn't think that Sigil of awareness would've made that much of a difference. I have it, but I'm a tank so I rarely get to DPS. :[

I may have to do some more DPS testing of my own to see the discrepancy between your 51/0/20 spec and 51/13/7. I could see how necrosis would be huge as blood, due to the large quantity of physical damage being dealt..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkit
    Having to reapply diseases after every obliterate
    You use Obliterate first and last.

Although I still use the old 50/0/21 (too lazy to respec), but I'm not sure how Necrosis would do that much. I find Necrosis usually sits around 5-6% for me (if I remember correctly). Unless DRW is inflating that number by causing Necrosis procs, but I can't see something with a relatively short uptime causing such a high jump.

do you have a frost dk in your raid? I'm assuming the 20% attack speed increase is what does it, DRW could've been the cause as well. I didn't check necrosis' placement after thaddius so I'm not sure, but at Thad it was 17 or so percent

I'm assuming an unholy dk would also increase the necrosis ticks with ebon plaguebringer, I've never tested it myself though. My necrosis ticks on KT were like 850 minimum up to 1300 or so max from what I can remember.

I'm surprised you're able to pull such strong numbers without speccing 51/13/7
    51/0/20 is superior DPS wise if you can figure out the rotation. 51/13/7 is for people that can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive
    51/0/20 is superior DPS wise if you can figure out the rotation. 51/13/7 is for people that can't.
    The one thing I hate about 50/0/20+1 is that a simple lull in combat can easily screw up your entire rotation. I've never really tested the DPS difference, but I assume it'd be more DPS to start over if you have to stop for a couple seconds... but that also depends on where in your rotation you were.

I've been tempted to switch to 51/13/7 simply because it'd make those lulls a bit easier to handle and also, you really can't screw up the annihilation rotation. I'll admit that during combat, I've had a brain fart and I made a mistake in my rotation before as 50/0/21 :-[.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxxville7
    do you have a frost dk in your raid? I'm assuming the 20% attack speed increase is what does it, DRW could've been the cause as well. I didn't check necrosis' placement after thaddius so I'm not sure, but at Thad it was 17 or so percent
    if necrosis was 17% of your damage... then all the rest of your damage would have to come from autoattacks. that doesn't sound right. say if you are doing 100 DPS autoattacking without necrosis, necrosis would add 20 DPS. 20/120 = 1/6 or 16.667% damage. are you sure about that number?

I'm using http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

22/49/0-DW with widow's Fury and Hatestrike, got a stable 2.6k dps on single mobs and with aoe it gets up to 3.7k (havent tested it on a 25 man raid yet, think it improves quite a lot)
    I must say i like it a lot, it combines better stats(that give better sword atks) with the same frost aoe damage, besides FrostStrike rules since it doesnt consume any Rune so i never stop atacking

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgangio
    Haven't tried in naxx yet but i jus tried out the boss dummy in Ebon Hold and was getting a steady 2.8-2.9k over 5 mins using my trinket 3 times and DRW twice.

The 80 dummies i tried out with AOTD (xD) got a 10k DPS Spike with DRW/Trinket. But with no AoTD i was pulling about 3.3k-3.4k over 5 minutesish.

So take from that what you will
    After doing Sarth 1D tonight with the drake up that has the hatchlings i pulled top DPS with 3.6k which isn't half bad considering i couldn't AoE Whelps down.

This is diseaseless btw.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000

OB -> IT -> PS -> BS -> BS -> DC Dump
    BS -> BS -> BS -> BS -> DC Dump
    Repeat

With slight critical thinking on how much to Death Coil, you will be able to time each Obliterate with only 1 second on your diseases maximizing its use. Reapply diseases just after the Obliterate starting the first string over again.

By the way - Dont make up DPS numbers in attempt to impress people.

4500 KT = 10th Overall max DPS
    6000 Thadd = No where near top of the list
    Source: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/dkt/6/0/3

Being that deep into blood receiving such a large boost in AP from talents - an AP of only 3400 is low (specially with HoW). Those numbers can not pull a 4500 dps on KT.

Try that rotation as blood though, just make sure you tweak it slightly over the length of the fight to maximize the obliterate use as well as increased disease damage in heart strikes.

4032 AP - Zero buffs (Also stuck with Loken's toothpick as a weapon)
    When raid buffed and my first attempt with this rotation I pulled 7,490 dps (7,650 Actual) on Thaddius.

I'm surprised you're able to pull such strong numbers without speccing 51/13/7

I rarely seen anyone pull over 6-7k DPS on thaddius since the HAT rogue nerf.
    8259 using 51/0/20 and that's before I got Betrayer of Humanity and a few other gear upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by failoth
    if necrosis was 17% of your damage... then all the rest of your damage would have to come from autoattacks. that doesn't sound right. say if you are doing 100 DPS autoattacking without necrosis, necrosis would add 20 DPS. 20/120 = 1/6 or 16.667% damage. are you sure about that number?
    That is a little high, but there's something about the Thaddius fight that ups necrosis damage considerably. Usally it's about 6-7% for me, but if you look at the link I posted above, it was 12% on Thaddius.