Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Which libram for protect pally's

Quote Originally Posted by FockeWulf
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 102.4% avoidance cap was changed. Bosses can crush you if they are 3 or more levels above you, making the 102.4% avoidance not extremely necessary. It's nice to have, and I'd rather dodge or parry an attack than partial block or receive full damage.

I've been offline for a couple of months now, what are the standard BV in 3.09? I had about 1250 before I decided to take a break.
    102.4% is still an important number. Crushing blows have been removed but you can still be hit or crit from a boss attack.

540 def will take care of the crit issue.

So how do you prevent taking an unblocked hit? We have lower health pools then other tanks so an unblocked hit is very significant. If you get (here it comes) 102.4% total avoidance/block, every attack made against you is a block, dodge, parry, or miss.

102.4% also made us immune to hits and crits back in the day too. It was just the importance of being uncrushable that overshadowed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    You should be judging every 9 seconds (research 9696 rotation). Making libram of obstruction a much better option.
    The 969 rotation isn't the best, for a matter of fact there isn't really a rotation with prot pallies I find. Like another prot pally said priortization is key to pally tanking. I have never and will never use the 969 rotation, I do 7k+ TPS on most fights if not 5k+ on some. With Imp judgements you basically will always be using a threat move with no downtime if you do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftyy
    The 969 rotation isn't the best, for a matter of fact there isn't really a rotation with prot pallies I find. Like another prot pally said priortization is key to pally tanking. I have never and will never use the 969 rotation, I do 7k+ TPS on most fights if not 5k+ on some. With Imp judgements you basically will always be using a threat move with no downtime if you do it right.
    Right, there can't be anything optimal about a rotation that keeps all major abilities on cooldown without overlap...

What is suboptimal about 969, when you have judgement and consec as the two lowest threat moves, and they give way slightly to make a seamless rotation between your highest threat and mitigation moves? If you're talking about libram procs from judgements, refer to calculations in the sticky about losing 1/4 SotR damage for an extra few hundred dam on every third SotR which shows that 969>pushing SotR back for judgements. With 2/2 imp. judgements (868) you will have CD overlaps at ~24s, with 969 you get higher overall threat (due to no Cd overlaps other than glyphed AS) but lower burst threat, even Chronalis who uses/used 868 agrees on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    102.4% is still an important number. Crushing blows have been removed but you can still be hit or crit from a boss attack.

540 def will take care of the crit issue.

So how do you prevent taking an unblocked hit? We have lower health pools then other tanks so an unblocked hit is very significant. If you get (here it comes) 102.4% total avoidance/block, every attack made against you is a block, dodge, parry, or miss.

102.4% also made us immune to hits and crits back in the day too. It was just the importance of being uncrushable that overshadowed that.
    Hehe sorry if you might of misunderstood me, I was pointing out that fact that the 102.4% wasn't needed, but I agree that it is a great asset. I have been playing my prot pally since the release of TBC, hitting 70 around June the year after the expansion's release.

Although I do appreciate the information, but I was only looking to see what other Prot pallies had for block values, and to pertain to the forum I use the Libram of Obstruction as well.

I have to agree with this to a point, in totally terribad gear (like 2 pieces from 25 man, and the rest from 10man.heroics), i easily push 7k tps on Patchwerk. I've looked into rotations, but seeing as they report back threat numbers lower than my own, i see no point in using them, but then again, maybe i'm already using the 'standard'.

Either way, Libram of Obs + Judge of w/e + SotR = WIN!. That's so much threat right there. To not save SotR until your judgement is up costs you a mass of threat, and damage. The entire reason to get that libram is to couple the three things together. If you're not going to use that, then the BC libram with +BR is the next best option.

Also i hear bad tanks use macros, something about lack of control, makes you a slacker, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkan-ZdC

Shield of the Righteous -> Avengers Shield (with Glyphe) -> Hammer of the Righteous -> Judgement
    Why would you EVER glyph for avanger´s shield?

You take one of the most useful abilities we have, the ability to get threat on multiple mobs on the pull and make it worse, good game!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleia
    I have to agree with this to a point, in totally terribad gear (like 2 pieces from 25 man, and the rest from 10man.heroics), i easily push 7k tps on Patchwerk. I've looked into rotations, but seeing as they report back threat numbers lower than my own, i see no point in using them, but then again, maybe i'm already using the 'standard'.

Either way, Libram of Obs + Judge of w/e + SotR = WIN!. That's so much threat right there. To not save SotR until your judgement is up costs you a mass of threat, and damage. The entire reason to get that libram is to couple the three things together. If you're not going to use that, then the BC libram with +BR is the next best option.

Also i hear bad tanks use macros, something about lack of control, makes you a slacker, etc, etc.
    While using a 96969 rotation you can still maintain your libram procc on every sotr depending on how you swing it, your talking abotu big numbers here, the rest of the people seem to be talking about consistant threat..

Every tankadin can push bizarre threatvalues when they need to burst, its the good ones that keep a high STEADY influx of TPS during the whole fight. And this is why we use the 96969 rotation, to maximize our TPS over time, not to push big numbers...

hmm guess it's been a while since i watched my tps, guess they nerfed some of it in the recent patches and i didn't notice it, or Omen wasn't working correctly. Either way, my threat is always grossly ahead of the next tank, and the DPS don't even remotely come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleia
    hmm guess it's been a while since i watched my tps, guess they nerfed some of it in the recent patches and i didn't notice it, or Omen wasn't working correctly. Either way, my threat is always grossly ahead of the next tank, and the DPS don't even remotely come close.
    That is true for most tankadins, it doesnt mean we can start slacking though

I disagree about the Consecration Libram.

I've equipped it, and my consecration ticks go up by about 4-5 damage. So either its a bugged POS, or at a certain gear level, its just plain useless.

I took it because everyone was like " Hey look a Libram, hey look a paladin, grats on your loot "
    I play the class in WotLK that is the worst spec class, that got nerfed, while all the other spec's got buffed. Which class is that? All of them of course...if you believe forum posts

Omatre - Yeah, that's due to the dire coefficient on consec.

Regarding pushing back SotR to an 8s CD, you'd gain 595 damage on 1/3 SotR casts (as you have it on the other two from 969) for a loss of 25% of your SotR casts. Over 12 casts, you'd lose 3 casts and gain ~2.4k damage. How is this anywhere near optimal, even regardless of breaking the rest of 969?