Ground Mounts That Can Swim!

Ok, guys I know we have all seen the upcoming patch notes...greatest thing Blizzard has done in a while?

Definitely wayyyy overdue, but Blizzard is crafty...I'm thinking there's going to be something out in the ocean. I mean it can swim as far as it wants right? I don't think people are going to be happy with a timer on how long it can swim. But then again I'm just speculating, anyone else think this is awesome or is it just me?
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Re: Ground Mounts That Can Swim!

You mean the fatigue stuff? In beta i flew from northrend and made it to pretty close to hillsbrad but.. you know when you ride on a zeppelin and a screen loads? Well it doesnt quite work out the same for your mount so if you could ride all the way out there on the map you'd be right on top of eastern kingdom(or where ever you're going) but on the screen you'd still be in the open ocean w/ a fatigue bar. If they fixed that, that would be cool.. then they'd have to let us fly around azeroth.. Picture all the lowbies that'd be dead hah. Oh btw when i did hit the fatigue bar in hillsbrad and i died i was sent to crossroads spirit healer..
    Always check links before clicking

Ah well if we wait long enough engineers can make Submarines and you can stay under water as long if you want :

Not a big deal, i think the ressource could have been spent better on other stuff.

Why make new mount animations (i guess they do that) so they can swim. Instead they could have used those artist hours on more different gear, more npcs with different looks etc.

How often is it that you actually get dismounted because your rhino doesn't like water, not very often at least not if you know how to jump.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe that being on a mount will make your swim speed any faster. I think that this change is to combat players having to remount every time they cross a river.

Quote Originally Posted by Onisuofdreams
    I may be wrong, but I don't believe that being on a mount will make your swim speed any faster. I think that this change is to combat players having to remount every time they cross a river.
    Exactly. They never said anywhere that your mount was going to make you travel at 100% speed while swimming. Path of Frost is still better than your mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Onisuofdreams
    thats what i was thinking as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrus
    Dear Dentarg-EU,

WTF?

Regards,
    Khadgar-EU

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SimTex
    Not a big deal, i think the ressource could have been spent better on other stuff.

Why make new mount animations (i guess they do that) so they can swim. Instead they could have used those artist hours on more different gear, more npcs with different looks etc.

How often is it that you actually get dismounted because your rhino doesn't like water, not very often at least not if you know how to jump.
    Because it takes a relativly short amount of time to implement? If they focussed on all the big stuff, all the time, then thats all that we would ever get, and the small, fun changes would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SimTex

All (if not close to) mounts in the game already have a swimming animation. If you do not believe me, download wowmodelviewer (which takes the models DIRECTLY from your game files) and find the swimming animation.

Land mounts yes, not sure on the flying mounts, then again who'd want them to swim?
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

When I fly down upon a lake with my flying mount... I do not go into the water and I can zip across the surface flying at full 280 speed. It leave what looks like an air wake on the water as if a hovercraft were to skim across the surface. Now if I am walking on my flying mount on the ground and walk up to water I usually go into it and I dismount.

I am not too worried about swimming except when maybe I am traveling cross country and cannot fly and I come up to a wide river and wish to not stop and apply water walking to myself.

It will be cool for those with no water walk buff cast on them that DKs and Shamans can do to themselves and folks in party.