Leveling Enhancement - Heirloom Weapons

I'm just wondering if heirloom weapons are worth getting for enhancement shamans and if so which ones are worth getting. I already have GJoS for my priest, and I kind of planned on giving that to my shaman to get her to 40. However, I'm wondering what weapons, if any, I should use after I get dw.

The options so far seem to be Bloodied Arcanite Reaper (2h) and working a spec that doesn't use dw to get to 80 or to get Devout Aurastone Hammer for MH and Sharpened Scarlet Kriss for OH and just use flame tongue. Anyone have an suggestions on which is better?
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Re: Leveling Enhancement - Heirloom Weapons

You see, as i looked over all of the weapons i realized something... Blizz wants shammies to level resto/ele. If your pro and you go for itemization pre lvl cap then only the daggers are itemized, and they are only itemized for OH. Because shammies cant use swords and both of the maces are spellpower for healers n such. So because there are no fist weapons/one hand axes/maces with a slower then 2.4 speed, there is no itemization for Enhancment from the Heirloom items.

However if you aren't pro/elitist then you could just get both daggers (Balanced Heartseeker / Sharpened Scarlet Kris) and roll with those.... Eventually I suppose they COULD end up doing more dmg then weaps you AH for... (two handed is strongly advised against due to slow swing speeds, and shammies garbadge dmg reduction)

I would however get the axe for pvp in the 30-39 bracket (congratz we get windfury weap at lvl 30 and that makes this axe so op in that bracket, i almost feel sorry for whoever falls on the bad end of a crit with it) other then that, cant say much more, either grub upgrades from AH every 10 levels, or dual dagger wield (i personally would do this, just because its cheaper then running off to an AH every other hour and dropping 250-500g for the next best epic to keep up to my OH's dps)

Anyways, I hope this helped a bit, also Get the Exceptional Stormshroud Shoulders, the ones from WG are best Imo.. Agi/Stm AP. Not only that, but most other classes use leather or can use leather (druids, rogues, shamans, hunters, warriors, pallies, DK's if you really have too) Only get the other shoulders if you find the daggers are too fast and you need the extra hit to help balance it.

I would personally advise against getting the mail shoulders, as the way Shammies take dmg, you wont even notice a difference from the armor upgrade, it will be minimal at best, better just to stick with the high dps shoulders.

Thats really all I can think of right now...

i would have suggested sticking with the 2handers, they still do pretty good damage up until level 60~
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by soaps
    However if you aren't pro/elitist then you could just get both daggers (Balanced Heartseeker / Sharpened Scarlet Kris) and roll with those.... Eventually I suppose they COULD end up doing more dmg then weaps you AH for... (two handed is strongly advised against due to slow swing speeds, and shammies garbadge dmg reduction)
    That is kind of what I was thinking. I can also justify putting crusader on artifacts much easier than I can justify putting it on leveling weapons. I'm thinking if I do use the daggers I will probably go with flame tongue instead of windfury but I would have to test that.

Anyways, I hope this helped a bit, also Get the Exceptional Stormshroud Shoulders, the ones from WG are best Imo.. Agi/Stm AP. Not only that, but most other classes use leather or can use leather (druids, rogues, shamans, hunters, warriors, pallies, DK's if you really have too) Only get the other shoulders if you find the daggers are too fast and you need the extra hit to help balance it.

I would personally advise against getting the mail shoulders, as the way Shammies take dmg, you wont even notice a difference from the armor upgrade, it will be minimal at best, better just to stick with the high dps shoulders.
    The prized beastalker's mantle seems to actually end up with better stats than the leather shoulders do. I already have the prized beaststalker's mantle. As far as reused, I already have a level 80 druid and I have interest in making a rogue. However, I am most definitely going to make a hunter at some point.

I kind of agree that there is no decent heirloom item for an enhancement shaman, and I will probably go with the daggers. Thanks for the help.

One last question, would it be better to use ft or wf with the daggers seeing they don't have a high end base weapon damage and are fast weapons?
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    i would have suggested sticking with the 2handers, they still do pretty good damage up until level 60~
    Do you have an idea of a spec I could use if I avoid dw till level 60 or so?

I'm thinking http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hi0hVbZhxxIoxbAhzhfot.

Also, I plan on going elemental at end game. I simply prefer casters more, but I'm not a huge fan of caster down time while leveling and I enjoy leveling as enhancement. I haven't made a shaman since Wrath, so I was wondering if I could make an elemental shaman have the down time that was comparable to leveling my shadow priest which was very little. Anyone know if downtime for an elemental shaman is still bad while leveling?

As someone who leveled elemental I can tell you, there is no downtime. Get glyphs to support your leveling habbits for now. I went enhance till 60 and then went elemental till 80.. no regrets, ele was actually faster then enhance in some ways. Especially now with the way Tstorm works with magma totem for AoE grinding (Tstorm, magma, and bust off heals, tstorm also grants mana rather then costing mana, use mana pots and sit when you need to)

If you were to single target enemies, there is virtually no downtime if specced right. it just cant happen, the way the gear is after lvl 57 (greens and blues from TBC and up) you can end up with enough crit to always keep your mana up.

The thing with enhance is FT is only good once you get down to Lava Lash, until then (i believe its lvl 50 or 51 you get it) i think it might still be better to DW windfury (haven't leveled a shaman enhance since this mechanic came out so I wouldn't really know)

However reguardless of the case you still want to get WF Weapon Glyph and FT Glyph (2% crit and 2% chance for WF to activate) I would guess those are the best bets until a little later.

If you choose to go Elemental then LB/FT glyphs for lvling. As for heirloom items, they cannot be enchanted I dont think because they scale with level, meaning if you could enchant them it would only be with Vanilla WoW enchants (or any other enchants that work on any level items) So they lose a small edge there, they make up for it eventually though.

Also in my experience 2 fast weaps isn't all that bad as Enhance in the 40's-50's (Dual Wield Flurry Axe with Mongoose X2 is sooooo win pre FT mechanic.) The speed was ridiculous, and that much agility plus even more haste.. and the extra chances to proc WF, its was just disgusting how much damage you could do for that level... anyways back to the topic at hand

Elemental or Enhance... I know Enhance has ALOT more survivability in the 70-80 range for GROUP quest enemies (some experienced enhance shammies have been able to take out mobs with 250,000+ health solo) But elemental can usually end an enemies health before it even gets to them...

basic lvling rotation after lvl 50 for ele, LB, LB, LB (by the 3rd LB enemy should be dead, if not, Tstorm win) and if its still not dead after Tstorm, Earthshock, either way its win.

Don't use a 2hander up until 60.
    Get some good axes/maces at 41 and you will realize why.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Do you have an idea of a spec I could use if I avoid dw till level 60 or so?

I'm thinking http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hi0hVbZhxxIoxbAhzhfot.
    personally i would do this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hN0hoZ0xgIoxzAhz0b

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    Don't use a 2hander up until 60.
    Get some good axes/maces at 41 and you will realize why.
    this is also good advice.. save your badges and don't bother with a 2handers... just get somebody to run you thru some of the instances or do some of the longer quest chains to get any 2 of these:

http://www.wowhead.com/?items=2&filt...36;crs=1;crv=2
    It's just a game.

15+ Year Old Account

Sorry to revive an old thread but it fit what I was looking for.

I now know not to worry with the heirloom weapons and I will look at the AH for them, but my question is, should I ignore the stats on the weapons for the DPS/DMG/Speed?

The list posted earlier from wowhead has a few MP5 as well as Spelldmg weapons. The dps on these are higher than others but the stats are not as beneficial.

you'd have to make a decision based on better numbers, but generally speaking under level sixty, the dps and slower speed of a weapon makes it better for enhancement. Also, spell damage is a part of your attacks, so it isn't that terrible either.

You guys DO realize that the devout aurastone hammer (badge heirloom Spellpower mace) is 2.70 speed, and has higher low and top end all throughout prebc than any one hander you can get from BOE's or instances aside from raids?

At level 50 for my shammy it's like 70-130 give or take a little, with 9 int, 40sp, 1mp5. It's easily a good mainhand enhancement choice.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator
    You guys DO realize that the devout aurastone hammer (badge heirloom Spellpower mace) is 2.70 speed, and has higher low and top end all throughout prebc than any one hander you can get from BOE's or instances aside from raids?

At level 50 for my shammy it's like 70-130 give or take a little, with 9 int, 40sp, 1mp5. It's easily a good mainhand enhancement choice.
    This guy is right. I used that mace for enh all the way up to 70 when I went ele. Spell power helps on shocks and the weapon does good damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator

I was looking at this, but eventually they are a lil less like most say when you can get BC items. So it will come down to Gold or Badges.