Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A simple way to get around having 50% less healing

Hand of sacrafice on the tank.
    Cast Divine Shield
    even better if you have divine guardian.

-Wintry

*editted for sanity's sake*

Re: A simple way to get around having 50% less healing

a Pally can't bubble the tank he loses aggro. :

Did you mean cast hand of sacrifice on the tank and bubble yourself?

Err, that's why the holy paladin does... :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    a Pally can't bubble the tank he loses aggro. :
    I suspect he means the group shield wall effect from useing divine guardian talent. pally bubbles himself and everybody takes 30% less damage while the bubble is up.

Who is John Galt?

do they mean priest bubble? the reason i'm asking is if Wintry knows the pally class since wrath that the bubble a pally can give to another player is now a Hand spell making it impossible to overlap Hand of Sacrifice and Hand of Sacrifice.

although, if some of the announced changes stick when 3.1 comes out, having a pally and priest in a group will allow a HoS and priest bubble to effectivly help a tank (they plan on making it so a warrior/druid tank can still get rage even while under the effects of the priest bubble). though before then you'll probably still have plenty of warrior/druids who'd yell at you for bubbling them and thus reducing their TPS because they aren't getting any rage.

and one more thing to Lumidar, unless there's been a change with it, hand of protection wouldn't cause a tank to lose threat unless you just mean cause he can no longer use physical attacks. a pally's self bubble is a total immunity and causes mobs to switch focus while i've watched the party (melee protect only) version allow mobs to still beat on the target. i wouldn't mind knowing the extent of it though as i know a caster will still attack you cause it can still damage you but if a melee only mob would switch

He's not failing in his logic, y'all are failing in reading. The pally(holy) bubbles himself(party takes 30% less damage), pally hand of sacrafices tank(30% damage directed to holy pally who is immune). If it stacks, it's 60% damage reduction meaning the 50% healing debuff is made up for. That's the whole point behind this post. Please, before you act smart, read and comprehend what others are saying.

lol?? cmon has no one ever played a paladin?? he means cast HoS on the tank and the paladin bubbles himself. if its talented then the tank get 60% dmg reduction for 12 seconds...if this concept is new to you plz applaud a paladin next time the tank doesnt die during an enrage timer after all his CD's are blown.

^^ two people with the ability to think and some basic knowledge of the pally class got to it before I did. that's good i may not have been as nice about it =P

Quote Originally Posted by Glory
    lol?? cmon has no one ever played a paladin?? he means cast HoS on the tank and the paladin bubbles himself. if its talented then the tank get 60% dmg reduction for 12 seconds...if this concept is new to you plz applaud a paladin next time the tank doesnt die during an enrage timer after all his CD's are blown.
    yes that makes sense except he said:

"+ bubble on the Tank
    even better if you have divine guardian."

meaning his initial statement was to bubble the tank. even if he meant for the paladin to bubble himself he stated AFTERWARDS that it would be better if he had the talent to reduce damage which means it wasn't included in his original statement.

so again... fail.

yikes here's what i meant; i typed it poorly

Cast Hand of Sacrafice on the tank

Cast Divine Shield

Why would I want someone to HoP the tank when they have HoSac on them? weirdos, plus they would lose aggro. I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused...

Quote Originally Posted by Wintry

Why would I want someone to HoP the tank when they have HoSac on them? weirdos, plus they would lose aggro. I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused...
    the reason we asked is simply cause i'm sure we've all dealt with a player, even 80's, who don't know a thing about their class. so we only wanted to get clarification to help a potentially misinformed player to play their class better and make even one more player smarter. in your case it was just a confusing post and not a confused player thankfully

once again, sorry about any confusion. there are so many paladins who aren't aware of this trick. I watch on praid all the time for another paladin to use sac and i've so rarely seen it used.

some great times to use it include.

patchwerk enrage well basically any enrage
    3 drakes flame breath
    pvp in 3's or 5's (rarely in 2s)

Even if it was jumbled at first, you can still think on your own instead having someone spoon feed you thoughts.

one last small point. I'm not certain divine guardian and hand of sac even stack correctly. They seem like they do in 3D, but it's hard to tell. If anyone does test this let me know. It should be 30% + 30% or around 50%

100 damage *0.7 *0.7 = 49 damage.

A slight problem with this is the large quantities of crit you lose from ret going for DG as holy, yes you gain tricks like that (which you should be using anyway if you have DG), but low ret just has so much for holy these days.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wintry
    Hand of sacrafice on the tank.
    Cast Divine Shield
    even better if you have divine guardian.
    If you aren't using Divine Shield on the tank anyways then you are quite a fail for a holy paladin..

you do end up with 49% with how they stack.

Also there is only 1-2 fights that you actualy need the regen from Divine Plea and other classes can carry the paladin for the few secnds the spell lasts. Only place this will matter is in PvP.

Only issue I see right now is how many holy pallies are speccing far enough into Prot to pickup Divine Guardian? Most won't want to give up that crit from Ret without a fight, particularly for dubious benefit.

well it works alright without DG, it'll just be the standard 30%; which is still helpful in a lot of encounters.