Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: To Kin or not to Kin

http://wowwebstats.com/tgbml6tsc5sdk?s=bosses

Look for Cirrus. Global dps gets inflated by Thaddius and Loatheb (and bosses with some AoE component) and deflated on bosses like Noth/Sapphiron (dispell) or Maexxna (stun). 4.4k on Patchwerk isn't really good, i've done up to 4k9 with lower gear than i had there. (bad luck on Eclipse proc plus a solar proc at least :/)

Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes
    Kitties are much more cuddly.

The best DPS will come from the spec that works best for your playstyle and preferences... but go cuddle a kitty and then tell me you'd rather be a bird! :-)

LOL I was a kitty for 1-71, and just went Bird. My guild doesn't seem to have a regular kin, so I am trying it (Main is a Mage). I am sort of enjoying it. Will see when I hit 80
    "Peace is a lie"

both boomkin and kitty are fine for dps right now and able to reach top 5 in an equilly geared fight. i would say its harder for kittys but thats due to strict rotation and melee range (many fights range can stand still and melee still have to move and such)

the main thing is geting the right spec (for kitty either choseing mangle or shread specs) (boomkin theres a few diffrent options out there). once you have the right spec geting your gear set up properly kitty should stack str gems tell over 10k ap (with sr). boomkin and kitty right now are both fairly dependent on high crit to keep their dps as high as possible so crit gear is good, fortuently right now crit gear is abundent.

just remember if you go kitty no need to get over 6.5% expertease (includeing the possible 1.25/2.5% from your tallents). and 8% hit.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodad
    boomkin and kitty right now are both fairly dependent on high crit to keep their dps as high as possible so crit gear is good, fortuently right now crit gear is abundent.
    Actually crit is one of the worst stats for boomkin from a pure DPS perspective. It's beaten by hit, spellpower and haste, basically with only int and spirit behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Actually crit is one of the worst stats for boomkin from a pure DPS perspective. It's beaten by hit, spellpower and haste, basically with only int and spirit behind it.
    Point for point haste is better then crit up till 12% haste then crit becomes slightly better.

But most of the best in slot spell power items have lots of haste on them and no crit

hum i figured higher crit means less wraths for the eclypes proc which would be a good thing to me
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Raso
    Point for point haste is better then crit up till 12% haste then crit becomes slightly better.
    Most simulators and spreadsheets that I've seen (including my own) put quite a large gap between haste and crit, even with high gear levels. Eg: http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...leOutputCaster

The stats for the SF boomkin there are: power=2397 hit=14.1% crit=19.8% haste=18.3%

Yet the stat ratios are 1.18 for haste vs 0.81 for crit, showing haste rating to be nearly 50% better than crit rating.

But most of the best in slot spell power items have lots of haste on them and no crit
    I'd hardly say it's that bad. All T7/T7.5 has crit except for shoulders, EoE shoulders have crit, S2D cape has crit, etc. But it's irrelevant anyway - as I mentioned before, even at high gear levels it's generally accepted haste is better than crit for boomkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodad
    hum i figured higher crit means less wraths for the eclypes proc which would be a good thing to me
    It's an easy trap to get into - boomkins have so many benefits from crit, and yet the spreadsheets and simulators still show haste to be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

true a string of unlucky wrath non crits only sets you back 1 second per where as casting faster SF means more dammage. still would be nice to see a boomkin with 70ish crit chance on SF out side of lokin.

Deleted

feral is insane aoe dps beats evryone in my guild atm but on patchwerk the guy only does 4.5k dps

Quote Originally Posted by baseball
    being "good at your class" will push the top 5.

Good luck!
    /signed and /stamped

ferals and boomkins can both do about the same dps, i have been top 5 as feral with 5500+ dps. http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/1565394#damageout boomkin is #2 and i am #5 (act. DPS means active, other dps is from the start of the fight). yes i have some very good gear, some best in slot, but its not unheard of for ferals doing as much or more dps then other class's. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...jal&n=Humankeg is my armory, should be in dps gear.. might not be dps spec tho