Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Set bonuses for priest in t8?

people need to keep in mind that because there are only 2 sets, there probably wont be bonuses that affect disc/holy spells specifically. i.e. no CoH or penance or maybe even pws but probably not pwb(barrier). I like the haste idea with inner fire, but its probably too much because inner fire is a passive buff and 5%haste would become mandatory. People are right that the only useful shadow ones would be in increasing damage, but knowing blizzard, mana efficiency and odd tricks will probably win out.

PoM and GH are used by both specs, and while they seem to be better used in the holy tree, i see disc priests casting pom too. I would like to see something done with flash heal in the 2-piece because both specs reliably use it, but refreshing renew might not be the best course because renew has a relatively shot duration, especially with the glyph, and trying to refresh it on people that are already healed, because renew can be effectively used to raid heal, might not be great. Cast times and haste seem to be the trick, but there is still room to increase crit when certain abilities are active.

I wish they made two sets for both disc and holy, because things like grace, divine aegis, and holy concentration need some bonus love all by themselves. 5%mana on GH was a waste cause it ends up being somehting like 50 mana to a holy priest. The extra jump for PoM was nice on a few fights where it mattered, but aside from Saph and Maly, who needs 7 jumps when recasting on the tank will probably happen sooner.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Greid
    PoM and GH are used by both specs,
    Pom yes, gheal.. well, only chained with Inner Focus, in which case set 4 is useless.

And yea, I'm awaiting for either spirit to have more use for disc, or new set of tiers, for discipline. Or current holy reitemized for discs' needs.

Lets throw in some suggestions myself, something that would be unaffected by which spec you are..

1. Divine Hymn cooldown reduced by 3 minutes
    2. Chance of lowering mana cost of next flash heal in 10 seconds for 10%, while increasing it's healing by 5%.

Now that I was thinking, I realized that there aren't many spells that are shared by disc and holy and would be even nearly equal in strenght. Pom, flash heal and PoH and Divine hymn, others are way too situational to include, or talented..

Btw Worshaka, Penance isn't best HPM/HPS spell in game. Lightwell is ridiciously op in either category, and I recall it having a glyph. Unless you meant tank healing, obviously.

i don't know if you have noticed it but blizzard tends to make the bonuses as following

2 part set: sustaiability
    4 part set: greater h/d/tps

eg t6 for priests

2 pieces: Reduces the mana cost of your Prayer of Healing ability by 10%.
    4 pieces: Increases the healing from your Greater Heal ability by 5%.

and t7 for priests

2 pieces: Your Prayer of Mending will jump an additional time.
    4 pieces: The cost of your Greater Heal is reduced by 5%.

anyway, I'd like to see some bonuses for talents, like rapture, grace, PI and such (holy concentration, spirit of redemption, some fun thing to surge of light and some kind of scaling on serendipity for you holy priests)

now i know that this will never happen but you can always dream :
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

I wouldn't like to have different set bonuses for disci and holy. I think they will push on spells which are used by both specs, like flash heal and prayer of healing.

shadow:
    x2 - increase the duration of your Vampiric Touch by 6 sec.
    x4 - increase your critical strike chance and damage done of your Mind Blast by 5% on targets affected by Vampiric touch

8)
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

Quote Originally Posted by Ceko
    shadow:
    x2 - increase the duration of your Vampiric Touch by 6 sec.
    x4 - increase your critical strike chance and damage done of your Mind Blast by 5% on targets affected by Vampiric touch

8)
    x2 Your vampiric touch applies corruption, rend, icy touch and mortal strike on the target
    x4 Your Mind blast crit makes your next pyroblast instant and increase your haste rating by 50000 for the next 1000 hours

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    x2 Your vampiric touch applies corruption, rend, icy touch and mortal strike on the target
    x4 Your Mind blast crit makes your next pyroblast instant and increase your haste rating by 50000 for the next 1000 hours

:P
    ok you got a deal ;D!
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

i'd like to see some more creative bonuses, for example, chancte to summon a shadowfiend that does the same damage as one mindflay tick over 6 seconds (not targettable and immortal) thats just more fun than +5% mindflay damage (even its the same damage wise)

Quote Originally Posted by plspirit
    i'd like to see some more creative bonuses, for example, chancte to summon a shadowfiend that does the same damage as one mindflay tick over 6 seconds (not targettable and immortal) thats just more fun than +5% mindflay damage (even its the same damage wise)
    I wouldn't expect a RNG spell to be implented as set bonus, neither as holy or shadow bonus.

They want to remove RNG, even on PVE gear.

I'd guess it's something useless from a shadow pov again, but I hope it could be something like;

x2 - You Vampiric Touch lasts 3 seconds longer.
    x4 - Your Mind Flay gains an 5% additional chance to critically hit.

Healing:
    2ps: Prayer of Healing cast time reduced by 0.5sec(I really like this idea).
    4pc: Whenever you crit with a healing spell, your spellpower is increased by 15% of your spirit.

DPS:
    2pc: Your Mind Flay and Smite cause 5% more damage.
    4pc: Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your spells by 5%, and the damage caused by your damage over time effects by 5%.

I believe these set bonusses are quite neutral, for both disc and holy healing and holy and shadow nuking.

I don't think you should expect the best of the best bonusses immediately. I suspect Blizzard might save them for the last tier gear.

Then again, super powerful set bonusses have already been released on other classes' sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Healing:
    2ps: Prayer of Healing cast time reduced by 0.5sec(I really like this idea).
    4pc: Whenever you crit with a healing spell, your spellpower is increased by 15% of your spirit.

DPS:
    2pc: Your Mind Flay and Smite cause 5% more damage.
    4pc: Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your spells by 5%, and the damage caused by your damage over time effects by 5%.

I believe these set bonusses are quite neutral, for both disc and holy healing and holy and shadow nuking.
    No, your second healing bonus is worthless for disc. If you do not know, spirit is the last things that disc priests look for on their gear. It would be better if it was a % of intellect or something - a stat that both specs go for.

Its getting closer to seeing the set bonuses and Im really hoping for something good.

Holy/Disc
    2: After you cast Prayer of Healing your mana cost for all spells is reduced by 10% for 6 seconds.
    4: Your Inspiration also increases the targets resistance to all schools of magic by 75 for its duration.

Shadow
    2: Chance on Mind Blast critical hits to increase Spellpower by 250 for 15 seconds.
    4: While under the effects of Dispersion party/raid members damage is increased by 5%.
    Something like a 45 second internal cooldown on the 2 piece bonus.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Deleted

Shadow

2 incrises the leangth of the Shadow Feind by 5 sec
    4 Reduces the CD of Mind Blast by 1 sec

this woud be insane good. both are not OP but still an good sorce of dps.

with the feind hiting harder we woud se 3 more hits wich woud be 3000 dps ech time we use it.

and the one sec of MB is in a 3 min figth is 7 more MBs if you cast when the CD is off wich we shood.

I would say one of the shadow bonuses will increase the chance for our DoTs to critically hit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond
    Its getting closer to seeing the set bonuses and Im really hoping for something good.

Holy/Disc
    2: After you cast Prayer of Healing your mana cost for all spells is reduced by 10% for 6 seconds.
    4: Your Inspiration also increases the targets resistance to all schools of magic by 75 for its duration
    I really like these bonuses... but inspiration is a talent, and they never boosted talent points.

I'd really like this:

4: After being triggered your prayer of mending release a healing over time effect for 50% of the initial prayer of mending effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond

4: While under the effects of Dispersion party/raid members damage is increased by 5%.
    Something like a 45 second internal cooldown on the 2 piece bonus.
    wtf?
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU

Healing set :

2- Your Renew spell has a 5% chance to restore 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power per tick.
    4- (old)Serendipity effect (10%)

If you don't want to see RNG on bonuses, maybe more tick on renew, more heal/tick for the x2.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixia
    Healing set :

2- Your Renew spell has a 5% chance to restore 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power per tick.
    You may have forgotten about glyph of Renew, less tick - less restore energy e.t.c.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixia
    Healing set :

4- (old)Serendipity effect (10%)

If you don't want to see RNG on bonuses, maybe more tick on renew, more heal/tick for the x2.
    i like the 4, not the 2.. i like something that buffs me, not only the raid

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Disc:
    -(2)Your pw:shield, and pw:barrier (new in patch )
    No.