Which Valorous piece would you replace for Ret Paladin?

Since only need 4 piece for set bonus, which Valorous slot would you replace for the Ret set?

Re: Which Valorous piece would you replace for Ret Paladin?

Helm for Obsidian Greathelm from 2 drake 25 man OS. At least, that's what I've got.

I'm sure there's other combinations, but this is the most common one I've seen.

Gloves, Either the Leather ones from 25 Malygos or the Deadly Glad gloves are very good. But you can basically switch out for all the teir gear except mabey the shoulders, those things are damn good, no wasted points on armor pen like alot of other shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Varius
    Gloves, Either the Leather ones from 25 Malygos or the Deadly Glad gloves are very good. But you can basically switch out for all the teir gear except mabey the shoulders, those things are damn good, no wasted points on armor pen like alot of other shoulders.
    Hi varius

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Mostly it depends on what you have access to. For me I am using the Legplates of Double Strikes instead of Valorous legs because the other replacements I have aren't as big of an upgrade. I would have to agree though that the Obsidian Greathelm from OS would be the best replacement given that you had all of the possible best in slot replacements.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

Assuming you want to keep T7.5 4 piece set bonus and maximize your DPS, you would either:

Replace the helm (your hit would be terrible with best in slot though, keep this in mind)
    Replace the gloves

I am currently sticking with TS helm and 7.5 gloves but will probably go with 7.5 helm and Frosted Adroit gloves if I can acquire them.

the t7 valorous helmet is awful.

I hate it.

obsidian greathelm and the crafted helm are both better.

The frost adroit handguards aren't that much better than paladin t7.

Thanks for the replies. I personally have 3/5 Valorous right now (hands, shoulders, and chest) and going for the legs next. Looks like I will stick with my Spiked Titansteel helms for a while until I get Obsidian Greathelm.

Can someone tell me a single way that the valorous helm is better than TS.
    Plz :P

It isn't individually. The thing is that if you use the 7.5 helm as one of your four pieces and the leather gloves from Maly 25, you gain more dps at the glove slot than you lose at the helm slot while still keeping your 4 pc bonus.

Gloves are by far the worst piece in the set. They are so bad that even Obsidian Greathelm pails in comparison to the alternative.

T7.5 helm and Crude Discolored Battlegrips > Obsidian Greathelm and 7.5 gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    Gloves are by far the worst piece in the set. They are so bad that even Obsidian Greathelm pails in comparison to the alternative.

160str+43crit > 181str+126crit? ya not so much

Edit: even with Frosted Adroit Handguards you'd be getting worse stats, also I'm ignoring hit because I'd get the hit from neck, bracers, boots and feet

i would say helmet

obsedean greathelm is better so ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz

Agreed because even though you can get hit elsewhere you could also gain the dps in those same positions. The differences overall are very minimal though.

The helmet slot is by far the weakest of the Tier pieces.
    The Titansteel Helmet is retardedly good for a crafted piece, and the Obsidian Helm helps getting to the Expertise cap. Just shows you what is possible when Plate DPS gear isn't loaded up with Stamina =/