Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

why are DKs hated so much?

as title says. i do not understand why they are hated so much. is because they are op or what.

Re: why are DKs hated so much?

cause they're the threatening new cool kid on the block. And nobody wants you in their clique cause you'll steal all their friends

1. Alot of Dks don't know how to play
    2. They are OP
    3. They always have stupid names

This is my opinion on this subject. I personaly play dk and i do agree that before patch we were godly, now we are just good. Also i dont understand some ppl telling every dk is someone who rerolled cos he failed at his main and just wanted to faceroll. In Burning Crusade i played mage up to 2k rating and i have cleared every raid before sunwell (i stoped pve cos of irl when sunwell hit live realms). And then you have some fag hunter telling me im faceroll and i failed at my previous class. NO, i started dk cos it looked fun. Its not my fault blizz didnt do math properly.

A lot of change by blizz has been hated. When they buffed ret pallies everyone hated it except ret pallies. Of course when blizz nerfs people they hate it. This is a new addition to the game and the class is a strong class, it is the counter to resto druids, they are a good tank, they can put out good dps, and are just an overall strong class to play if you know how to spec and play it. I think people hate that DK's can do everything except heal and do it nearly as well as the pure classes. This is the first hybrid that could match up to the pure classes so it's threatening.

i don't care for them manly cause they are every where. and a lot of ppl rerolled to play one..and abandoned their mains......to many DK's not enough variety in Dps.

They aren't as much hate as "Everyone is making a DK OMGZ." type deal. Its because they overpopulated the servers. Blizzard new this would happen. Blizzard also knows that people will back off them too, its already happening. People start spacing their time out and either getting their old mains to 80 and sharing their play time. Or just not playing their DK at all. Its only 3 months after release what do you expect? in a years time people will have accepted them into the world.

• They are blizzard's darling class
    • They are OP (they make OP paladins look like Enh Shamans)
    • There are a bazillion of them (SWG Jedis unite!)
    • They are all named something with dark, night, darth, or some worthless pun.
    • 99% of them are truly bad at this game
    • Almost none of them tank, or could tank if they tried.
    • They start at 55, which is essentially like buying your toon on ebay: you know nothing about it.

#1. death grip
    #2. chain of ice spam (no thx to the pvp gloves chance to refresh a frost rune)
    #3. multiple defenses that reduce way too much dmg.
    #4. 90% of the dks are unholy which means massive concecration... it wouldnt be that bad if u only see it from 1/3 the dks.. but 90% of them? its getting annoying
    if you flip the penny three time and don't get any tails, you should take the penny to the bank and tell them it's broken.

i was just wondering because i see it all the time that guild s do not want DKs or people always complaining about them.
    i agree that there are many out there that are retarded i have probably played with most of them. i am a dk that tried it and liked it. my main i play with my wife because she will b ch at me if i lvl with out her so my dk is now my new main. it has taken a lot of time and reading to learn the class for me because i am new. my roomate got me started about 6 months ago and he has been playing since it came out so i have had a lot of help from him.
    thanks for the responses

i am currently specced into bloodtank and i like it. i am only lvl 73 and i have a lot of lvl 80 friends now because they have helped me out in a dungeon and liked me. i still have a lot to learn but i am getting there.

They are so easy to play, you can have rotations but buttonsmashing works just fine. So less repect here for the player.

Two of our dps classes made a death knight and went raiding. In Naxx they top dps in BLUE gear, in some situations our warlock beats them, but hes full epic and the Death knights are just walking around in the BS set and that axe from ZD. Ive played it and you could spam Howlingblast or obliterate to top dmg.

The class is lame and spammed. There is nothing more annoying to be deathgripped all over a battleground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.

Because people don't like losing.
    Neither do I.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by spiny
    • They start at 55, which is essentially like buying your toon on ebay: you know nothing about it.
    They start at 55 (only if you have gotten a character to level 55), which is essentially (not) like buying your toon on ebay: (blah) you know nothing about it. (blah)

Tanking as a DK is easy as shit if you tanked with any other class in the game, especially if you were a Paladin tank in BC with no mana regen. Go roll on a private BC server before the 3.0 patch and then come talk about tanking.

And don't complain about something that is not going away.

Those aren't good reasons, Blizzard was getting people screaming at them to release it early. In reality Lich King should have been released in March or later, and we would have seen better balance. All the future changes were changes coming anyways. Yes they need data from players, but Beta would have had 2 more phases with much more testing. Hate 50%+ of the wow community if you hate anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    They are so easy to play, you can have rotations but buttonsmashing works just fine. So less repect here for the player.

Two of our dps classes made a death knight and went raiding. In Naxx they top dps in BLUE gear, in some situations our warlock beats them, but hes full epic and the Death knights are just walking around in the BS set and that axe from ZD. Ive played it and you could spam Howlingblast or obliterate to top dmg.

The class is lame and spammed. There is nothing more annoying to be deathgripped all over a battleground.
    A little over exaggerated much? Howling blast and Obliterate both have to have diseases on the target to do good damage, so spamming one button is false. Also 6 second cooldown with a 10 second cool down. This makes a rotation a must for doing any type of good damage.

I personally tank as Frost and have tanked every boss encounter so far without any problems. I find certain encounters easier than warrior/pally/druid, but there's others that they are superior.

I admit, there are a lot of people who don't know how to play the class, and that's why they've gotten a bad reputation. Having a warrior/priest/warlock/mage/druid before hand has helped me because I understand the mechanics of the game and it was a fairly easy transition. The biggest change was having a good solid rotation that is pretty much required to maintain top TPS/DPS.

I hate DK's because they're easy to play. Period. Stack diseases, mash buttons, repeat.

Everytime someone goes on the "its an easy class to play, hard class to master" rant I just want to punch my monitor.

I'd have to agree with spiny. Except I'd have to say that nearly 98% of them do not know how to play their class. Hell it took me nearly a week after hitting 80 to finally get a good rotation going (which is pretty sad on my part). After that I was in the top 5 slot on meters.

Not to mention the retarded no kind of imagination names that float around as far as DK's are concerned. Other than that most hate them cause they are the Hybrid class that can actually do everything well except for healing (obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by spiny
    I wouldn't say that with too much confidence. My main is a mage (Frost from level 10 to 80 and still sticking to it). I also have a 80 DK (Frost tank). Hes still in reg instance blues and I have had heroics/naxx gear dps in my groups and I have had no problems in tanking with that much nuking. I will agree that most of the DKs don't know what they are doing while tanking. I have even grouped with a lvl 80 Blood DK when I was tanking at 78 in HoL and that guy didn't know what he was doing. he was at about 300 dps with approximately 6% total through the instance.

Add while I was leveling my mage I have pugged with many DK tanks and which by luck were very good.

There are retards, there are average and there are good players. But like any class there are only few % of players that are actually good at playing their class and they they would suck at playing at a different class. A really good ret pala is not necessarily a good mage or a good lock. If I start playing a lock at 55 and bring him to 80 in 10 days...I will suck at it...the fact remains that DK is a new class and every singles player has one and most of them have no idea what to do.

My advice don't generalize and pass out on a dk tank or a dps because you never know that player might be actually good. give it another 6-8 months and DK population will start thinning out and number or retarded DKs will be on par with other classes.

i understand hating someone because they suck but hating a class is pushing it. i have played with many bad warriors, paladins, you name it but i do not hate the class. i hate the player because they suck

Its cause people have nothing better to do, threatened by something new/change.

DKs start at level 55.
    Big fucking deal. Before Wrath came out I leveled 4 characters to 70(Warrior, Shaman, Rogue, and Druid). I loved the idea of starting at 55 cause I could catch reasonably quickly to my friends to join them in northrend.

I did all of BC raiding as a resto shaman. I wanted a change and tried out the DK at release. I was skeptic but had a lot of fun with it and became my main.

Spam class? What class isn't a spam class. Ret pallies do not have any rotation. Divine storm, judgement, crusader strike(correct me if i'm wrong) its whatever is first off your cd. Elemental shamans in bc were just a lightning bolt spam. Now they can do flame shocks/lava bursts to mix it up.

I play as a frost/unholy DK. 44/27.

For being OP. Yes we're a bit OP compared to other classes but the other classes have had 4 years of tuning and changes.

Whatever the next hero class will be I'm sure there will be bitching and moaning just like there is now.

Oh and yes, DKs with names that included death,knight,arthas or something to that affect are retarded and should be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyou

First of all, if you have a DK topping dps meters in your raid by Oblit or HB "spamming" (which isn't even possible, but lets just say every time the cd is up) then the rest of your dps fails hard. Second, to be good at it takes a higher level of concentration than any of the previous classes I have played (paladin to 70, rogue to 70, druid to 70, shaman to 77, dk to 80). There are more cd's to monitor, more resources to ration, and just plain more things you have to watch. Buttonmashing is not going to work in most cases (there are always those exceptions).

BTW, putting the word "spamming" is indicative of a spell that has no cd (except the GCD) and is instant cast...the only spells that a DK could actually spam given unlimited RP is DC or Frost Strike. Saying they spam things only makes you sound like an idiot.

I will grant that UH DK's were OP for a bit. Bone shield + IBF reduced damage taken by 90%...I don't know how it went this long without being fixed, but regardless, blood and frost are not OP. In fact blood is a bit underppowered atm and needs a buff. There is a reason not many people play blood. I personally like the playstyle and would love to spec back into it, but the threat generation is terrible vs and other tank class.

So back to the original question. I think people hate DK's because they got level 55 for free (even though you had to level a toon to 55 to get it but whatever), many DK names are retarded, not many want to tank, many that try to tank don't know how to spec or play tank, and they roll on everything plate (yes, some even roll on sp plate /facepalm).

Bubonicbeef- 80 Death Knight
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Bubonicbeef

Saphÿre- 80 priest
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Saph%C3%BFre

Beefstyx- 80 Shaman
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Beefstyx

Huggybare- 72 Druid
    US-Gurubashi