Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: why are DKs hated so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    They are so easy to play, you can have rotations but buttonsmashing works just fine. So less repect here for the player.

Two of our dps classes made a death knight and went raiding. In Naxx they top dps in BLUE gear, in some situations our warlock beats them, but hes full epic and the Death knights are just walking around in the BS set and that axe from ZD. Ive played it and you could spam Howlingblast or obliterate to top dmg.

The class is lame and spammed. There is nothing more annoying to be deathgripped all over a battleground.
    And other classes dont have spamming abilities like H-Blast? Whirlwind, Chain lightning, Druid cat swipe, Warlock seeds.

All classes can be spammed with 1-2 spells and do decent damage.
    For top damage DKs have to do rotations like every other class.

Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    They aren't as op as they think they are. They don't tank as well in many cases as a warrior or paladin. They don't top the charts when it comes to actual boss damage (although the top the charts for overall raid damage).

People hate them because they seemed to be a beacon for newbonic moronic asshats that do things like dps with defense gems or no gems at all and never worry about enchants. You should hate the player not the class, but by the 800th time you have ran into SuckyDK1-800 you just simply stop trying to find anymore good ones. Out of all the DKs I have seen I think I have see 3 good ones. They are the new huntards that everyone levels because it is easy but 99% of the players that play them suck.
    I will disagree with OP...Myself(play a lock, not afflic btw) and fellow guildy (DK) are both very good players, I am better geared than he is by far, and he pulls the same dps as I. I also have run into that problem with other DK and they are not OP...yes talking about boss damage, but it is the same with trash.

But I do not hate them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlezorg
    And other classes dont have spamming abilities like H-Blast? Whirlwind, Chain lightning, Druid cat swipe, Warlock seeds.

Come on now.
    Thank you for proving my point. I officially like you.

Don't worry I'm not boohoo'ing too hard, I still out DPS them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlezorg

Come on now.
    Really, ever try to to spam 1 or 2 buttons with a lock and do decent dps...so you are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by awake2830
    I hate DK's because they're easy to play. Period. Stack diseases, mash buttons, repeat.

Everytime someone goes on the "its an easy class to play, hard class to master" rant I just want to punch my monitor.
    How is that making other classes hard to play? All classes can be button mashed to achieve decent recults.

BTW "stack diseases" is 3 buttons, disease1, disease2, spread. So that's already 4 buttons to "mash".

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi
    Howling Blast can't be spammed. 6 second cooldown with a 10 second rune cooldown and must have Frost Fever to do good damage.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    Really, ever try to to spam 1 or 2 buttons with a lock and do decent dps...so you are incorrect.
    No he is right. My warlock friend hits 2 things. Immoliate (spelling) and then incinerate, over n over.. He has like 3k deeps. So yea, nice try slick.

Quote Originally Posted by direlock
    Don't worry I'm not boohoo'ing too hard, I still out DPS them all.
    Congratulations that means (if you're not full of shit) good at your job. Cause its not essentially hard to out dps them if you know how to play your fucking class.

Not that this game is overly difficult....

lets take a sample example with certain assumptions.

A server with 1000 player population on one faction

90% of DKs dont know how to play/suck

90% of other 9 class are good at it and roughly equally divided among player population for simplicity sake which gives roughly 110 players of each 9 class excluding DKs

Since every player has a DK

90% bad DKs = 900 bad players
    = 100 good players

90% good Class ~ 100 good player
    ~ 10 bad player

players who have played class other than DKs had more than 2-3 years to master their class which still leave 10 idiotic players (which count for new players who enroll)

Every singles player has a DK and they are learning how to play and in 2 months we already have equal number pf good DKs as other class.

So save your frustration and give it time for f@#$ sakes

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi
    You have not played a lock either, have ya.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dynamite
    I wouldn't say that with too much confidence. My main is a mage (Frost from level 10 to 80 and still sticking to it). I also have a 80 DK (Frost tank). Hes still in reg instance blues and I have had heroics/naxx gear dps in my groups and I have had no problems in tanking with that much nuking. I will agree that most of the DKs don't know what they are doing while tanking. I have even grouped with a lvl 80 Blood DK when I was tanking at 78 in HoL and that guy didn't know what he was doing. he was at about 300 dps with approximately 6% total through the instance.

Add while I was leveling my mage I have pugged with many DK tanks and which by luck were very good.

There are retards, there are average and there are good players. But like any class there are only few % of players that are actually good at playing their class and they they would suck at playing at a different class. A really good ret pala is not necessarily a good mage or a good lock. If I start playing a lock at 55 and bring him to 80 in 10 days...I will suck at it...the fact remains that DK is a new class and every singles player has one and most of them have no idea what to do.

My advice don't generalize and pass out on a dk tank or a dps because you never know that player might be actually good. give it another 6-8 months and DK population will start thinning out and number or retarded DKs will be on par with other classes.
    Thank you

Seriously, everyone what said "99% cant play" - imagine the whole game was released 3 month ago. I bet you would "cant play" too, or something along these lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Punishment
    Its cause people have nothing better to do, threatened by something new/change.

DKs start at level 55.
    Big fucking deal. Before Wrath came out I leveled 4 characters to 70(Warrior, Shaman, Rogue, and Druid). I loved the idea of starting at 55 cause I could catch reasonably quickly to my friends to join them in northrend.

I did all of BC raiding as a resto shaman. I wanted a change and tried out the DK at release. I was skeptic but had a lot of fun with it and became my main.

Spam class? What class isn't a spam class. Ret pallies do not have any rotation. Divine storm, judgement, crusader strike(correct me if i'm wrong) its whatever is first off your cd. Elemental shamans in bc were just a lightning bolt spam. Now they can do flame shocks/lava bursts to mix it up.

I play as a frost/unholy DK. 44/27.

For being OP. Yes we're a bit OP compared to other classes but the other classes have had 4 years of tuning and changes.

Whatever the next hero class will be I'm sure there will be bitching and moaning just like there is now.

Oh and yes, DKs with names that included death,knight,arthas or something to that affect are retarded and should be shot.
    VERYNICE HIGHFIVE

Quote Originally Posted by tanked
    No he is right. My warlock friend hits 2 things. Immoliate (spelling) and then incinerate, over n over.. He has like 3k deeps. So yea, nice try slick.
    Provide the wws..oh..and is that during heroism/bloodlust...sorry but you will not reach 3k dps with just those 2 buttons unless you have heroism/bloodlust...play the lock yourself.

DK's easy to play? You are a moron! BAD DK's that everyone hate are "EASY" a good DK has his hand full of keeping track of everything to keep his DPS maxed. You make it sound as if every class is "easy" since every class just has to click a few buttons. I'm thankful my server is not full of people like you!

Quote Originally Posted by Punishment
    Ret pallies do not have any rotation. Divine storm, judgement, crusader strike(correct me if i'm wrong) its whatever is first off your cd. Elemental shamans in bc were just a lightning bolt spam. Now they can do flame shocks/lava bursts to mix it up.
    Nice job of saying that the class doesn't have a rotation then basically pointing out that it has abilities to rotate as they come off cool down. GG! Elemental shamans did a hell of a lot more than spam lightning bolt in BC. They spammed chain lightning/lightning bolt/flame shock as a rotation. In 3.1 their rotation will probably be lightning bolt/flame shock/lave burst as chain lightning is getting nerfed in single target dps.

For being OP. Yes we're a bit OP compared to other classes but the other classes have had 4 years of tuning and changes.
    The thing is you really aren't. You just think you are. That creates many problems.

Whatever the next hero class will be I'm sure there will be bitching and moaning just like there is now.

Oh and yes, DKs with names that included death,knight,arthas or something to that affect are retarded and should be shot.
    We actually agree on two things. Amazing.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by lazydk
    Howling Blast can't be spammed. 6 second cooldown with a 10 second rune cooldown and must have Frost Fever to do good damage.
    No really cause I didn't know that you had to stack diseases for a real DK to do any kinda of dps.

But thanks for clearing that up for me.

My point was that every class is essentially a button masher.

Quote Originally Posted by direlock
    Because no one who has played thier toon for years likes being out DPS'd, tanked, or PvP'd by a toon with a whopping 2 months invested into it.
    More performance and less qq.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    You have not played a lock either, have ya.
    Yep I have. And if you're gonna try to play that "locks are not a button masher class". You're an official idiot that can just go ahead and jump off of Forest Hill Bridge and so us all a favor.

Point is that every class is a button mashfest.

Well anyways its been fun, but the gym is a calling me.

It's a mixture of envy, dislike of new things and over-population.

Death Grip is a game changing move in PvP. Old strategies just don't work when you can get pulled into a cluster of enemies and get gibbed in a matter of seconds.

Druids hate DKs because pague strike is a direct counter to life bloom. That's going to cause animosity, even if everyone knows that druids needed a counter-class for all of TBC.

DKs have viable tanking, DPS and (to a much lesser extent) PvP in all three talent trees. This makes people jealous.

There are a lot of DKs with stupid names out there. Lots. But it's no stupider than all the Pallys with names containing "light" or warlocks with "demon" in their name.

What I do find HILARIOUS is that people are able to say "they all suck" and "they're all too good" in the same complaint. Grow up and admit that you just don't like them for some other reason. You don't like that they out damage you (on trash) in worse gear. It makes your epeen shrink. I'm sorry. They're too easy to play? Really? They're slightly harder to play than almost any other dps class. They have a more complicated rotation that works off of runic power, cool downs and rune availability. Speaking as somebody who has played a shaman, paladin, hunter and rogue in a raid environment, I can honestly say that there is more to keep track of with a DK than most of those classes. Is it hard? Not really. But it's a lot more to think about than CDs and your mana bar.

EDIT: Deleted second "rogue" from list of previously played classes.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.