Does sli graphics cards work with wow?

Random question but if i use 2 graphics cards via sli will it improved fps etc?

Re: Does sli graphics cards work with wow?

The FPS-cap in wow is 64 FPS, so if you have that already you wont have any FPS increase. However, with SLi you might be able to increase the settings on some graphic-snacks.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by boriz
    The FPS-cap in wow is 64 FPS, so if you have that already you wont have any FPS increase. However, with SLi you might be able to increase the settings on some graphic-snacks.
    Humm I usually run with between 70-80 fps ... So tell me why would they max it to 64 ?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Especially since WoW often reports me over the 100 FPS mark (and as high as 130, recently). I believe they may have had a cap back in "vanilla" days, but with the increase in available computing and graphics power, such a thing seems very silly.

lol

As a non-graphically intensive game, I wouldn't go out of my way to SLI anything unless you already had the cards lying around or just didn't have SLI setup for the app. Even with max settings and shadows WoW hardly taxes modern single cards.

As for the FPS thing, you don't need anything higher than ~60ish unless there are areas of slowdown. Your eyes won't notice the difference.

The FPS cap in WoW is 1000FPS it stopped there for me atleast

running all on low when tested
    Quad9450, 4gb ram, 9800gx2 with Vista ultimate 64

I play all on max except Shadow cuase its some strange bug and ever shadow flickers if i set it higher
    but usaly running around with like 300 fps, 200 at sartharion 25man+3drakes and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Naih
    Humm I usually run with between 70-80 fps ... So tell me why would they max it to 64 ?
    If you have vSync enabled it'll cap itself at your monitor's refresh rate.