Thread: Ruby Void

Ruby Void

So I'm one achievement away from the Red Proto-Drake, and that is Ruby Void. Now I've tried my absolute best with what I know about it, but it clearly isn't working.

5 emerald doesn't work because the whelps overwhelm us, and 5 amber doesn't work because there's not enough damage going out.

I'm doing everything I possibly can to do the calls properly and there's a very good chance it's some of the members that aren't doing their jobs. But unfortunately, they're all I've got (because everyone else I could possibly ask are... anyways, moving on.)

It's not working and I don't know why, because I've done everything I could think of to make it work. Any advices, key points, foolproof strategies, composition, ANYTHING you can give me would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Ruby Void

"5 amber doesn't work because there's not enough damage going out."

yes it does work, theres just a precise Rotation to it, look it up on youtube.
    I did it with 5 Amber drakes to get [Emerald Void] and [Ruby Void] then the next day i went and did it with three Emeralds and two Ruby drakes for [Amber Void] easy as pie

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanolord
    "5 amber doesn't work because there's not enough damage going out."

yes it does work, theres just a precise Rotation to it, look it up on youtube.
    I did it with 5 Amber drakes to get [Emerald Void] and [Ruby Void] then the next day i went and did it with three Emeralds and two Ruby drakes for [Amber Void] easy as pie
    Please read the post next time. Like I said, I know it worked for some, but it hasn't worked for us... because there's not enough damage going out and he spawns whelps. Or someone takes outrageous amounts of damage for some unknown reason.

I'm glad it worked for you. Now, any advice would be awesome.

Please?

EDIT: Yes, I know the rotation, and I think I know most of the 5-amber specifics. I've been trying to make the right calls at the right time. But obviously there's something I'm missing.

5 Heal drakes work as follows:
    • Kite him
    • Less damage input: not much real healing required
    • No need to kill whelps
    • Use special 25k hit often
    • Spit on whelps for additional HPS to do the special more often

Almost everyone has to do his best as damage output is barely enough.

If your group is to stupid for this tactic use a 4 heal drakes + 100% damage debuff drake. The later one being in the middle, heal drakes kite the boss around the middle. Middle one should never have aggro from whelps due to the healing aggro of the other drakes but has to be careful with damage output.

For 5 Amber you have to start with 1 guy channeling, 4 people shooting with ability#1
    once you see 10 buffs on the boss the 4 people start channeling and the first guy shoots one time. This way the first guy will do about 140k dmg with one shot and the 4 others get their 10 buff stacks. Then swith again, having first guy channeling the other 4 shooting, they will only have to shot once to produce a 10 buff stack for the first guy. From there its always fast switches of channeling/1 shot/channeling etc. for everyone.
    Besides that you need to have a stun rotation to stunlock the boss. Because of diminishing returns you can only stunlock him for ~17 seconds which shoud be enough to get him to phase 2 without any whelps spawning.

15+ Year Old Account

afaik the kite tactic doesn't work anymore since 3.0.8. I did it pre patch and it worked well, but some friends of mine who wanted to try it (one of those was a sham who already did the achievement with us) and they failed because the whelp's arcane barrage range got increased by quite a lot.

I think the exact wording was something like: "accross the whole f'ing ring!"

So for 5 ambers it's basically constantly alternating between 1 channeling and 4 channeling?

That is something I wasn't doing. That should help a LOT. Thanks.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cat
    For 5 Amber you have to start with 1 guy channeling, 4 people shooting with ability#1
    once you see 10 buffs on the boss the 4 people start channeling and the first guy shoots one time. This way the first guy will do about 140k dmg with one shot and the 4 others get their 10 buff stacks. Then swith again, having first guy channeling the other 4 shooting, they will only have to shot once to produce a 10 buff stack for the first guy. From there its always fast switches of channeling/1 shot/channeling etc. for everyone.
    Besides that you need to have a stun rotation to stunlock the boss. Because of diminishing returns you can only stunlock him for ~17 seconds which shoud be enough to get him to phase 2 without any whelps spawning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao
    afaik the kite tactic doesn't work anymore since 3.0.8. I did it pre patch and it worked well, but some friends of mine who wanted to try it (one of those was a sham who already did the achievement with us) and they failed because the whelp's arcane barrage range got increased by quite a lot.

I think the exact wording was something like: "accross the whole f'ing ring!"
    yep that's right 8)... tried to make a healer only run yesterday for a mate like we did it twice pre patch.. but the whelps just raped us

I've done 5 amber several times and it works just as Cat describes. You'll probably need vent for the call outs, and it helps if the person who understands it the most is the 1 and the rest are the 4. I also found it easiest to have the 1 doing the call outs since they're the only one not following the call outs, you just call opposite of what you're doing.

1. You start channeling
    2. You say: "Ok, start firing"
    3. Party members spam shock lance
    4. You get a 10 stack of your debuff shortly
    5. You say: "Start channeling"
    6. Party members all channel
    7. You fire your 140k Shock lance
    8. You immediately follow with channeling again
    9. You say: "Fire 1 shot and start channeling"
    10. Party members do as told.
    11. After you see 5 channels up (because you've not stopped yours yet), fire and channel
    12. Repeat steps 9-11 until phase 2
    13. Try to set it up so it's your turn to stun directly after a banish, this builds your stack faster.
    14. After the banish, repeat from step 1

Depending on how quickly you cut your corners, your stuns will land at different points, but just have 3 players that aren't you cover the first phase, then you, the remaining player, and hopefully the first person cover the second stun rotation.

Try and stress the importance of getting their channel up ASAP after firing, the longer you have to wait per rotation the more chance he has of getting out of the stun before phase 2

We could usually get through the first phase flawlessly, and things start going down hill after that. Sometimes you may have to have one of your 4 break off and just kite for a bit if all stuns are on CD. If the 1 gets agro, you're SoL, unless you have a very coordinated group who can trade roles seamlessly.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

we did it with 5 ambers, it did take quite some time to perfect it. but on the try where we did it, we go through phase 1 flawlessly and I actually died in phase 2 but they carried on and did it with 4 ppl np. So if you are coordinated with your rotation then you have a certain amount of leeway

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjaw
    Please read the post next time. Like I said, I know it worked for some, but it hasn't worked for us... because there's not enough damage going out and he spawns whelps. Or someone takes outrageous amounts of damage for some unknown reason.

I'm glad it worked for you. Now, any advice would be awesome.

Please?

EDIT: Yes, I know the rotation, and I think I know most of the 5-amber specifics. I've been trying to make the right calls at the right time. But obviously there's something I'm missing.
    Practice with 5 Ambers. It is easy to say "it doesnt work for us" It is about learning it proper and executing. I did it 3 times with different people and no one had problem to learn it. It is even easier that you can keep your gear in bags if you dont want to pay repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat
    an addition to this, at phase 2, if you cant time and avoid the whelps before diminishing return disappears, try flying far away to a determined spot, say south. the boss will come to you after he is no longer banished. when he comes, let everyone start channeling, let the dude that has to timestop use the ability, resume the rotation. when the 2nd banish phase comes, go back to the platform, the boss will come to you. channel, time stop, resume rotation, finish off the boss.

we wiped for a while until we started using this, and it was a perfect kill with almost no whelps at all (only 1 pack spawned just before he was dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Knuffelbert
    5 Heal drakes work as follows:
    • Kite him
    • Less damage input: not much real healing required
    • No need to kill whelps
    • Use special 25k hit often
    • Spit on whelps for additional HPS to do the special more often

Almost everyone has to do his best as damage output is barely enough.

If your group is to stupid for this tactic use a 4 heal drakes + 100% damage debuff drake. The later one being in the middle, heal drakes kite the boss around the middle. Middle one should never have aggro from whelps due to the healing aggro of the other drakes but has to be careful with damage output.
    They have fixed this, you cannot kite them anymore, get your fact straight
    There is no truth.