Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

To Everyone Saying You Can Faceroll a DK

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I have come to you today to point, and possibly laugh, at all the butthurt people who say you can "faceroll" or "spam one button" as a Death Knight. What people don't realize is that Death Knights are one of the few classes that still have a ROTATION rather than a priority system nowadays, and furthermore, one tiny slip up in said rotation = ffaaaiill until you can get all your runes back and start over.

Shall we begin?

Unholy Death Knight
    Plague Strike - Icy Touch - Blood Strike - Blood Strike - Scourge Strike - Unholy Blight - Death Coil - Scourge Strike - Scourge Strike - Scourge Strike - Death Coil - Death Coil

Seems like more than one button

Dual Wield DK (0/32/39)
    PS - IT - BS - BS - Howling Blast - Death Coils - IT - HB - IT - IT - DC

Blood DK (51/13/7)
    PS - IT - Obliterate - Heart Strike - HS - DC - OB - HS - HS - HS - HS - DC

2H Frost DPS (21/50/0)
    (this is one of many different frost rotations and specs)
    IT -> OB -> OB -> BS -> Frost Strike -> FS -> FS -> HB
    OB -> IT -> BS -> FS -> IT -> IT -> FS -> FS

Still seems like more than one button

Now let's examine other classes, shall we?

Arcane Mage
    Arcane Blast x3 Arcane Missles Arcane Barrage

Ret Pally
    Whichever button is up first

Fury Warrior
    Blood Thirst when it's up. Whirlwind when it's up. Slam when the proc is up. Heroic Strike when you have the rage.

Just a few examples.

So, to everyone QQing that DKs are "too easy" or "people who failed at their main rerolled to faceroll a class", please, kindly, move along

Re: To Everyone Saying You Can Faceroll a DK

/agree

Actually proper DK play does involve a "priority" rather than a "rotation" for more builds than not. If you use a rotation, it's going to get f'd up at some point, following a priority is much better mode of play, at least that's been my experience as an Unholy DPS'r.

I agree though, that it's not a faceroll class, quite the opposite. I let my buddy play aroundwith mine, and he accidentally swapped my Blood Strike in where my PS/IT button was, and I didn't realize it, so I was starting off with Blood Strike and then applying diseases. My dps suffered dramatically until I realized what had happened, lol...you can't just spam shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    Actually proper DK play does involve a "priority" rather than a "rotation" for more builds than not. If you use a rotation, it's going to get f'd up at some point, following a priority is much better mode of play, at least that's been my experience as an Unholy DPS'r.

I agree though, that it's not a faceroll class, quite the opposite. I let my buddy play aroundwith mine, and he accidentally swapped my Blood Strike in where my PS/IT button was, and I didn't realize it, so I was starting off with Blood Strike and then applying diseases. My dps suffered dramatically until I realized what had happened, lol...you can't just spam shit.
    Yeah, the priority system as Unholy only applies if you use Glyph of Scourge Strike, which makes it that much less face-rolly. A lot of DKs prefer Glyph of Plague Strike (lololololol) so it feels less RNG-like. I prefer glyph of SS though.

Deleted

Easy to play, hard to master.

Oh looky here my nose hit anti-magic shell :P...... sorry I couldn't resist the temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerspoink
    Yeah, the priority system as Unholy only applies if you use Glyph of Scourge Strike, which makes it that much less face-rolly. A lot of DKs prefer Glyph of Plague Strike (lololololol) so it feels less RNG-like. I prefer glyph of SS though.

*yawn* l2macro

All dps classes can be reduced to a single or double macro. All dps classes can attain 85%+ utilisation (and this is higher than a vast majority of players can do themselves) from a castsequence macro. Anyone who thinks casting from spellbook or how many different spells a class has denotes its difficulty is the type that doesn't break 85% utilisation. *cough* original poster

DK, like all dps classes aside from Affliction Warlock, is faceroll. DK is just more-so because of the UH and DW specs being shit easily macro'd. (And if you think watching for a proc is OP hard you need to quit wow, and yes you can cover that in a single button)

While this post is destined for a flamefest, and I don't agree with posting it. I do agree with what you said. What I enjoy about DKs is that there's so much complexity in how all their abilities interact. Though, all (most) DPS classes are leaps and bounds more engrossing to play in 3.0 than they were in 2.0. A lot more reactive abilities, proc watching, decision making, etc.

Glyph of SS does "dumb down" unholy a bit. But they already have to micro-manage a ghoul, correctly time their gargoyle summons, chose to use UB or DC as a RP dump, and even w/ the glyph have to check if they need to refresh diseases at every point in their "rotation." So freeing up some PS/ITing is probably good in that spec.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter

That's exactely what i found out while playing an unholy Dk.

Easy to play, hard to master.
    ^this applies to all classes
    here should be my signature... FAIL!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Balls

*yawn* l2macro

All dps classes can be reduced to a single or double macro. All dps classes can attain 85%+ utilisation (and this is higher than a vast majority of players can do themselves) from a castsequence macro. Anyone who thinks casting from spellbook or how many different spells a class has denotes its difficulty is the type that doesn't break 85% utilisation. *cough* original poster

DK, like all dps classes aside from Affliction Warlock, is faceroll. DK is just more-so because of the UH and DW specs being shit easily macro'd.
    Affli warlock is just the same prio shit as most classes. Throw whichever dot gets off. Spam SB while at it. Not exactly hard.

my 2h IT spam spec rotation is
    OB OB BS BS
    IT IT IT IT FS FS IT IT (FS with all remaning rp) > repeat
    some blood taps thrown in for an extra IT 1st rotation when possible

priority on howling blast when rime procs.

very facerollish

k

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

L2macro...

L2macro...

L2macro...

Still seems like more than one button
    L2macro...
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Affli warlock is just the same prio shit as most classes. Throw whichever dot gets off. Spam SB while at it. Not exactly hard.
    How about telling me how to keep an efficient rotation up even with the offset that travel time on haunt does. Since you're so fucking brilliant. There's a lot of people over at EJ who'd like to know... and don't say "Stand in melee range of the boss". That works but it's ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by patrin
    OB OB BS BS

very facerollish
    Ofc you can "faceroll"
    But that does not mean you are a good Death knight/player or a good dpser

OB OB BS BS

very facerollish
    also, worst rotation ever

OB OB BS BS

very facerollish

Can do it with 1 macro, but it's a terribly bad thing you're doing there. You really might as well faceroll your rotation if you're going to do it like that.

/facepalm

you realize how many frost strikes i get in that rotation from all the rp? (unholy presence obviously)
    its really good dps particularly since I'm just starting heroics and my gear is only soso.

go read EJ before you tell me its a bad rotation/spec

/facepalm

you realize how many frost strikes i get in that rotation from all the rp? (unholy presence obviously)
    its really good dps particularly since I'm just starting heroics and my gear is only soso.

go read EJ before you tell me its a bad rotation/spec
    Blind bluff!

Yeah, cause EJ told you to do obliterates before putting BS on cooldown.

There's BS on cooldown in your post, but it's not Blood Strike I'm talking about.

And btw, what kind of sense is it to use UP and a BS BS OB OB when the rune cooldown is 10s and you only spent 4s dropping runes? Wasted damage using UP.