Leveling with a Mage friend. What is the best way to spec?

As the title says, I am leveling a priest with a mage buddy.

I am currently level 12 with 3 points in Spirit Tap.

Do I continue to stay in Shadow for the DPS and heal him when necessary, or is there a more efficient way to go about it?

Thanks for your time and feedback.

Re: Leveling with a Mage friend. What is the best way to spec?

I'm levelling a mage and my friend is levelling a druid. If you guys want to level fast then you guys need to be gathering up as many mobs as you can (for your kill quests or whatever) and he needs to be aoe'ing, and he WILL need heals.

Feel free to stay shadow, for questing and such you'll be able to heal him just fine. And at least that way if you're ever playing without him you can still get stuff done.

Yep, leveling id say shadow anyways.
    Eaven tho u might lack a bit a healing its big enough.
    as the mage and u grow in level u'll be better at taking on those aoe packs as the mage grows in aoe cc and ull just have to keep an eye on his hp and slow those who breaks early on novas with ur mindflay and silencing casters, and as u climb over 70 (72 i think) Mindsear will rock ur world while u tank em with dots on a target with VE on its + Sear on the others and the mage doing the dirty work of keeping them in a pack.

Note: at lvl 74 i managed to bring a pack of 16 mobs in equal level down at the same time alone. However he great pack was perfectly placed near the alliance not far from naxx(cant recall the name) and the mobs had aggroed on a player on one of those flying mountquest where u pick up survivor's from the area under naxx. Lucky indeed.

Deleted

Perhaps discipline might be the way to go, put him in strong shields while he aoes and at lvl 40 power infusion will be good for him.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Perhaps discipline might be the way to go, put him in strong shields while he aoes and at lvl 40 power infusion will be good for him.
    I'm inclined to agree with disc. Mages are squishy, if you can manage to tank that's especially great, but strong shields to keep him up even if you can't keep agro is great. In the high 50s I used to tank while my mage friend killed stuff, works really well since mages are kinda boned if they're getting beat up.

I'm gonna agree with the guys above me too, if you're leveling with a mage, go Disc...Power infusion, Pain Suppression, Shields...Is ace :3