Best build to begin in arenas (low resi)

Hi locks

I´m going to begin arenas, i just got 80 and i don´t have anything from bgs yet

I know that afli is the best when you have more resilience, but at the beginning i think that the survivality of afliction will be very low

would be better a 0/51/20 or 20/51/0 than affly? what do you think?

thanks

Re: Best build to begin in arenas (low resi)

first if all, your gonna get owned big time by anyone in arenas if you just dinged 80 and dont have any resi, no matter what spec. I really recommend that you should get resi gear before even attempting arenas. You can compare it to do heroics to gear up for raids as you shouldnt do raids in quest blues. I'd suggest you go L2P affli already instead of respeccing when you have gear, makes you just about that much pr0 to win more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklordace
    first if all, your gonna get owned big time by anyone in arenas if you just dinged 80 and dont have any resi, no matter what spec. I really recommend that you should get resi gear before even attempting arenas. You can compare it to do heroics to gear up for raids as you shouldnt do raids in quest blues. I'd suggest you go L2P affli already instead of respeccing when you have gear, makes you just about that much pr0 to win more games.
    LOL you will get owned in a couple of seconds no matter how much resi you have. but the difference is then 3 or 5 sec :-\

@topic:

Try Demo (Meta+FG) its the best survivability we have we have. With a double DPSer (rogue or mage)
    If you have better gear try Haunt/SL with a healer thats the best for arena.

In either case go arena, even if it will be only for 200 points a week its a lot quicker to buy items then farming 60k Honor for a piece of Savage.

Haunt/SL goes well if you are pairing with a healer in 2s, and if you aren't with a healer then go Meta/Ruin or Meta/Affliction.
    For 3's I don't know.
    5's, Destro seems to be real fun and nice to use in 5's, a lot of CC, and some decent burst. ShadowFury+Immolate+Conflag is an interesting way to stun someone for 6 secs if you're lucky with pyroclasm. Which actually happens to me a lot with conflag, and like never with RoF.

You need to spec Meta/destro but you also need at least the alliance/horde trinket if your are not human, because if you can't escape the stunlock you will be dead with no chance to cast Meta.

On 2o2 go with a healer or you'r dead, wait for the zerg if its you trinket -> meta -> hs -> death coil / fear and control.

Warlock is very good in arena ... good survivability and huge control.

hf

Quote Originally Posted by buufex

Warlock is very good in arena ... good survivability and huge control.

lulz

Thanks to all, i´ll spec meta/ruin

I know that i gonna get ownedi its only for having fun and get few ponits of arena ;D

Quote Originally Posted by frester
    lulz
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Darklordace
    indeed
    Ok ok it's maybe not so good but at least it is not so crappy.