Thread: Dual spec

Deleted

Dual spec

Well, when I first heard about it I thought: great, leveling will be more fun since you can do quests as shadow and then have a discspec (or holy) for dungeons and be able to heal. And I found this quote in the QA a bit odd: "We didn’t want to burden lower-level players with extra complexity as they’re working to level up and learn their class. " Well, especially for priests it would make it easier to learn the class if we were able to spec both as healing and shadow during leveling. You can heal as shadow up to around 60 but you would learn to do it much better if you could use disc or holy. What do you think?

However, what two different specs will you have? I'm thinking about disc and shadow, cause I probably will pvp most of the time and do a lot of battlegrounds and it could be fun to change between those two. I see the point is not really for that, but for pvp and raids. However shouldn't disc be good for raids as well?

I read somewhere that a priest wrote: great, holy for raids and disc for pvp. Is this what most of you will choose? Will this make shadow even more forgotten? I know I'm thinking about shadow as one of the specs but I'm into pvp and most people in here seems to be into pve.

To make shadow a nice alt for priests it would be better to be able to have dual specs on lower levels as well. I have read that many people wonder how they can level in holy or disc because they want to be able to heal, but with dual specs they could quest easier as shadow and then just switch and be able to heal in a much nicer way and most important: learn more about the priest.

Comments?

Deleted

Re: Dual spec

Ok, noone will get dual specs?

Deleted

I will stay with my pve disc spec as mainspec, dont know what else to pick, for holy I'd need to get another set, and no pvp disc spec either because I tried it and perform best in my pve spec. So I guess my second one would be shadow.

edit: About the lower lvl dualspec, I do agree it would be much more beneficial for classes like priests or druids (balance and resto) because they itemize the same way. But then again it looks like they are also adding a gearswapper.

Blizzard already said they will see first how it goes for max level players and propably expand on that, so I think we can expect it later on.

As priests we are in the (un)enviable(?) position of having (basically) 6 specs. Each tree has a pvp & a pve a spec which in my opinion are different enough to make the question more complicated than just picking disc & shadow (or whatever).

Personally I'll finally be able to have my pvp disc spec & my pve disc spec. I suspect many priests will ahve two specs from one tree?

[N.B. I hope we can genunely pick 2 specs and are not limited to one spec based on each of two different trees - though that would be just dumb - but we all know Blizzard ;D]

15+ Year Old Account

I'll be shadow pve and disc pvp. And with the Disc pvp spec I can heal instances fine too (won't raid with it anyway).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Shadow PVE and Disc PVE I think.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

My main spec is PVE shadow, my secondary spec will be pvp shadow most likely to mess about in bgs.

Main spec: Raid-specc'd disc, my original plan was to dual-spec raid-Holy, but considering 3.1's changes to PoH, Holy Nova, and Barrier, I think I might as well just go Solo-Shadow spec to do my loremaster grind and money-making.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

at first i was like: WEEEEEEEEEI, i can finally have both disc and shadowspecs! (with disc pve being my main spec)
    but then i was like MEHHH when i thought of all the possibilities that i want..
    like disc pve and pvp, a holy spec and prehaps 2 different shadow specs which will be a total of 5 all together

i know this situation applies to more classes than just the priest class

*crosses fingers for more spec templates*
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Shadow PvE for max pew-pew.

Disc PvP for... ummm... pvp?

I will probably add Disc PvE to my Holy PvE main specc, since I hardly do any PvP these days.

Xanity

Primary Spec will be Holy PvE
    Secondary Spec will be Shadow PvE

I can't wait for duel specs ;D

15+ Year Old Account

primary spec is and will always be pve shadow.
    Im thinking on making a pve healing spec as secondary.

First because I dont pvp much and probalbly never will and Second my guild is a bit short on healers so to be able to swich if we cant find enough for that night.

Holy priest PvE 14/57/0 as my main spec as it is now, as offspec, Disc PvE, since it can go with the gear I have now, it indeed have more spirit than needed, but almost all the sockets are crit/haste mainly, so it can work.

1.PVE disc healer
    2.PVE shadow DPS
    Duel me if u dare! I think your chicken, /duel
    http://snoekje. mybrute. com

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    I will stay with my pve disc spec as mainspec, dont know what else to pick, for holy I'd need to get another set, and no pvp disc spec either because I tried it and perform best in my pve spec. So I guess my second one would be shadow.
    I've seen people say this before - and I'm struggling a bit wtf? The whole point is that you can do other stuff - if it's shadow and you are still using your holy set then you really are not going to be effective. All that spirit with no +hit may not be the best way to go...
    So it's kind of a given that you end up with a 2nd gear set that matches your 2nd spec.

But I also thinkk it's too early to tell. At the same time as dual spec arrives blizz is playing with mana regen models and group heals for priests. Will this matter? I don't know. if things are similar to now I would have a Dic and a Holy build - both PvE. I do all my grinding on my Druid already so teh priest is a healer only. And atm PvP on my priest is just sad. A string of nasty deaths and frustrating ineffectivness. So will this change? If it does i want a disc PvP build - if not a std disc PvE build

But I also remember TBC - and blizz kept on introducing PvE grinds that I actually wanted to do. I'm pretty sure getting my dragon as a holy priest may have been nasty, but I don't know cos I did it all as shadow. So will Blizz introduce 2 or 3 factions to grind? Will they make shadow PvP actual fun? Will they make shadoew PvP spec way different to a Shadow PvE spec.

goddamn it - every time I think about this stuff I come up with one answer

I dunno...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy
    I've seen people say this before - and I'm struggling a bit wtf? The whole point is that you can do other stuff - if it's shadow and you are still using your holy set then you really are not going to be effective. All that spirit with no +hit may not be the best way to go...
    So it's kind of a given that you end up with a 2nd gear set that matches your 2nd spec.
    You know there's this thing like daily quests, where you are on your own, you you don't really need to be hitcapped, but being shadowspec helps a whole lot, even if you quest/grind with your healer outfit.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I'll be pvp shadow
    and pve holy/disc ^^

(1st post yay :P )

1. PvE Holy -> mainspec & always loved it
    2.PvE Disc -> Single target ownage

u can grind just fine as healer specced too no need to go shadow. 8)

For sure,

Disp PvP
    Holy PvE

Im so excited about being able to go disc to do PvP, I get smashed so hard as holy.

Oh Yea, self cast penance FTW!