Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Voidwalker tanking Sarth OS3!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...on&n=Antimonic

I gave Antimonic(the warlock) the gear, spec and strat to get this done.  To get it so high you need BoK on you and your pet, Fort on you and your pet, MotW on you and your pet, etc.  You want to get anything with high stamina on it.  Anti has 3 greens in legs, bracers, shoulders.  Green legs like 129 stam(plus enchant), shoulders is like 140ish(plus pvp enchant), bracers is like 90ish(plus 40 stam enchant).  This is all a guess and don't remember exactly but those three pieces were the highest stam pieces with stam we could find.  He is also JC and has the stam trinket, he has a full polar resist set gemmed with stam, he has the 111 stam tanking trinket, he has a tanking ring(84stam), he has the undeath carrier(old feral tanking weapon+150ish stam).  Don't forget that stam is what gives your pet more stamina, not health.  We start him on the island walking straight to Sartharion(small island) and MD to him, we then have the warlock standing on the standard safe spot and tell the pet to follow then stay, the warlock will have enough hp to take a few cleaves and breathes.  The voidwalker is healed from a healer and the warlock helps dps, when the second drake is down and beyond the only thing the warlock is doing is health funneling the pet.  Don't forget to get the voidwalker glyph which is +20% stam.

the armory link goes to the warlock who is specc'ed affliction and has very little stamina.

i'm assuming they changed their spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Jkwalleria
    the armory link goes to the warlock who is specc'ed affliction and has very little stamina.

i'm assuming they changed their spec?
    Of course, the spec and gear is only good for 10man 3d and 25man 3d. He usually specs into it for the fight and back out. I couldn't see anyone not doing the same because it does so little damage and is only good twice per week.

To get your Voidwalker to this health, you need to buff both the Warlock and the pet as the pet scale with their owner.

Buffs;
    Blessing of Kings (+10% to all stats)
    Blessing of Sanctuary (3% reduced damage taken)
    Improved Prayer of Fortitude (+214 Stamina)
    Prayer of Shadow Protection (+130 Shadow resistance)
    Improved Gift of the Wild (+1050 armor, +51 to all stats, +75 to all resistances)
    Stamina food (+40 Stamina?)
    Improved Commanding Shout (+2818 health)
    Demonic Empowerment (+20% health and +20% threat; uptime = 33%)
    Flask of Stoneblood (+650 health)(+970 health with Mixology / Alchemy profession)

Talents;
    Demonic Embrace 5/5 (+10% Stamina to the Warlock = scaling to pet)
    Improved Health Funnel 2/2 (30% reduced damage taken for Voidwalker during channeling)
    Fel Vitality 3/3 (+15% Stamina to Voidwalker and +3% maximum health to the Warlock = scaling to pet)
    Master Demonologist 5/5 (10% reduced Physical damage taken for Voidwalker)
    Demonic Empowerment (+20% health and +20% threat; uptime = 33%)
    Demonic Resilience (15% reduced damage taken for Voidwalker)
    Improved Demonic Tactics (+30% of your critical strike chance to your Voidwalker = threat)

Gear (gem and enchant for Stamina);
    Glacial Robe
    Glacial Slippers
    Glacial Waistband
    Titanium Frostguard Ring

<Victory Call> of Trollbane EU - 1/8H 25M

Does your VW take the Flame walls and the Void Zones or does your lock somehow manages to move him?

Do you have another tank picking up Sarth after the drakes are dead?

I see your lock health funneling like the whole fight, how many healers do you have an is there on healer assigned to the VW?

Lol at hitting a Flame Wall :P GJ on your first kill!
    Donolgann, the Astral Walker <WHATEVER WERE AWESOME>
    Magtheridon-US

Quote Originally Posted by Donolgann
    Does your VW take the Flame walls and the Void Zones or does your lock somehow manages to move him?

Do you have another tank picking up Sarth after the drakes are dead?

I see your lock health funneling like the whole fight, how many healers do you have an is there on healer assigned to the VW?

Lol at hitting a Flame Wall :P GJ on your first kill!
    The OP has answered to that
    Sometimes they put the Voidwalker on passive and then moved it back but most of the times they just healed it trough.

<Victory Call> of Trollbane EU - 1/8H 25M

My bad, I was watching the video before posting and didn't see the replies, thanks
    Donolgann, the Astral Walker <WHATEVER WERE AWESOME>
    Magtheridon-US

Although I'm only 90% sure health doesn't increase your VW health. Stamina increases your VWs stamina though(Usually why the resist flask with the +18 stats is better). Also, for 10 man we just had a disc priest healing him through most of the fight. Voidwalker really only takes big damage from melee and thats it. You can run through sarths body and use follow/stay to move him a bit. After 4/5 flamewalls the voidwalker is pushed onto onto the ledge passed the lava and he wont take any damage from any firewalls, I don't think voidzones target pets(we have never seen him hit with one) but it wouldn't matter with 80% resist to aoe + health funnel.

Is the breath considered an AoE attack? It probably should be, but you know blizzard with their crazy mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Is the breath considered an AoE attack? It probably should be, but you know blizzard with their crazy mechanics.
    yes it is.

Damn, thats sick grats!

I don't get why you guys think this is a big deal, doing it this was is actually easier than doing the actual fight.

The voidwalker takes 70% or 90% less damage from AoE attacks, I forget which, you wouldn't even need to move him.

The voidwalker has no way to really die in this fight, the problem would only be losing threat, which isn't hard if your DPS knows how to stop when they get low and use threat drop mechanics. (and you even have MD too, so it shouldn't be a problem.)

Using a VW to tank this fight removes the main reason the fight is difficult, and that is the ability for the tank to get gibbed and required a Holy Priests for Guardian Spirit, Paladins for Sacrifice, Hunters for Roar of Whatever, this way you can just take as long as you want on killing him.

But grats on doing the fight the easiest way possible.

The voidwalker does drain your healer's mana.

But I agree, it definitely looks easier. Come to think of it. This tactic allows an additional dps/healer.
    Plus, the drake tank can take Sartharion from the voidwaker when the drakes are dead, because when they're dead, it's just the normal Sarth fight, right?

But, couldn't you let a felguard do the same? I don't know how capable tanks they are, and how their health/armor scales.

But at level 70 on my lock, it wasn't really all that much lower then my voidwalker armorwise, and the health was still pretty high.

You would probably ask "why?" it's fairly simple. He generates more threat, which means less chance for your healers to grab aggro.

It's just a though.. The voidwalker is probably more useful.
    Dps grabbing aggro from the voidwalker shouldn't be a problem, as they don't dps Sartharion before all drakes have died.

The voidwalker does drain your healer's mana.

But I agree, it definitely looks easier. Come to think of it. This tactic allows an additional dps/healer.
    Plus, the drake tank can take Sartharion from the voidwaker when the drakes are dead, because when they're dead, it's just the normal Sarth fight, right?

But, couldn't you let a felguard do the same? I don't know how capable tanks they are, and how their health/armor scales.

But at level 70 on my lock, it wasn't really all that much lower then my voidwalker armorwise, and the health was still pretty high.

You would probably ask "why?" it's fairly simple. He generates more threat, which means less chance for your healers to grab aggro.

It's just a though.. The voidwalker is probably more useful.
    Dps grabbing aggro from the voidwalker shouldn't be a problem, as they don't dps Sartharion before all drakes have died.
    Except the voidwalker DOESN'T drain our mana, he takes less damage than any other tank does, because he takes 90% less damage from AoE, which is the majority of sarths damage.

But he takes every single one of his melee attacks, while a tank will avoid or reduce about 60-70% of them.
    Plus, he can be critted, for additional damage on top of it all.

The only advantage of having a void walker tanking is simply his ability to survive the breath without cooldowns.. But his physical mitigation/avoidance is pretty horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    Except the voidwalker DOESN'T drain our mana, he takes less damage than any other tank does, because he takes 70% less damage from AoE, which is the majority of sarths damage.
    Fixed
    But he takes every single one of his melee attacks, while a tank will avoid or reduce about 60-70% of them.
    qft

He melee attacks aren't that bad, they're about 9k out of 78k hp.

The breaths with 2 drakes up are like 35k.

He melee attacks aren't that bad, they're about 9k out of 78k hp.

The breaths with 2 drakes up are like 35k.
    Wether he hits 9k on 30k health, or 9k on 78k health actually changes nothing. Since it has to be healed anyway.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to use the voidwalker, and I'm sure it makes the fight a lot easier. But the voidwalker will still need more healing because he takes a lot of physical damage.

Wether he hits 9k on 30k health, or 9k on 78k health actually changes nothing. Since it has to be healed anyway.
    Except it does, it gives spirit healers more time to regen when needed, it gives more usage of hots and less of spamming gheals, it gives more time for other mana return mechanics like divine plea, hymn of hope.

Not to mention, since when do healers oom ANYWAYS?

Except it does, it gives spirit healers more time to regen when needed, it gives more usage of hots and less of spamming gheals, it gives more time for other mana return mechanics like divine plea, hymn of hope.

Not to mention, since when do healers oom ANYWAYS?
    In the next patches.

Fuck, my typing really sucks tonight.
    Still, it's a dodgy thing, especially because of the additional mobs spawning.