Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hysteria - why the hate?

I'm a blood DK myself with the build 51/0/20 and I just don't understand why I keep seing so many blood dk's skipping hysteria. I mean first I thought 'maybe they don't know they can buff themselves' and I actually asked one, and he told me he thought it was a completely useless talent.

My obvious questios is - why? 20% damage increase for 30 seconds? How is this useless? Yes, it has a pretty nasty debuff, specially for pvp, but come on. In a group you'll generally always end up being healed through it so... can someone enlighten me to how hysteria is useless?

Re: Hysteria - why the hate?

hysteria isn't useless. people are retards. the debuff means nothing.

you lose like 200 health per second. if you can do 5k DPS, that means with blood aura you heal it all. i often have 2 blood auras in 25 mans, meaning you only need to do 2.5k dps to heal through it.

anyone who doesn't take it is basically stupid, unless it is a tank spec or something

2nd on people are retards

raiding dk's that skip hysteria need to take lessons on the concept of 'working together as a group' . first as blood, your damage is about 80% physical, so it doesn't hurt to throw it on yourself. second, if you dont like that debuff, throw it on a fury warrior, who is 100% physical. 20% boost in dmg during bloodlust on a fury warrior is NUTS, and I've seen ours go way past 7k dps with it.

the debuff is nothing. it ticks for like 350 a second for me. big whooptie. and in pvp, it's really good for burst damage. with a blood frost spec for pvp, and a timed deathchill, I've smacked clothies for 14k obliterates, and 10k is average.

Deleted

if you are blood youll get healed for more than the debuff damages you anyway... even without a healer

Sandro, the Necromancer

Hysteria is a gift and every Blood DK should have it.

I myself am a blood DK, I love hysteria.

There's times when I OT gluth for example, I toss hysteria on our rogue or fury warrior. All I hear on vent is "holy shit?! what is that?" lol. I tell them, then they ask me all the time to put that on them.

So yea, its not a waste. Those people are, as everyone else here has said, are retards.

Probably because someone didn't hold their hand and tell them to get it.

It's a treasure to meet someone that actually understands why they put points in specific talents and not just 'cause EJ (or some other website) told them to :P.

Most people dont like it....Which really puzzles me. Its like not asking for Bloodlust on bossfights.... Cmon people L2 Blood Spec On long fights like thaddius ill give it to our fury warrior twice and ends up doing 8k dps instead of 7k; 20% increase damage on executes...yes please. 8)

Most people hate Hysteria because of idiot DKs. Did a Sarth 25 Pug... 3 Blood DKs. Wanna know what they were smart enough to do? Hysteria the Tank, over and over. >_> Eventually the healers gave up and left, followed by said tank.

Deleted

How shit healers that Sarth PuG had if Hysteria killed your tank? lol

Anyway, it's amazing DPS cooldown. It's even good to take as tank, just throw it on some DPS'er.
    What next, Arcane mages skipping AP?

3rd on people being retards. Hysteria is a great ability. Why wouldn't you want 30 seconds of 20% more dmg? I read so many things on this forum even from raid DKs and I just /facepalm

Being a tank is not an excuse for not speccing Hysteria.

The thing with Hysteria is that you do NOT use it on yourself.. What? Yes, you heard me right.

Even as blood, you don't do 100% physical dps(unless you're using a dry spec).

In which case, a fury warrior is going to have more benefit from it then you.
    If you don't have a fury warrior, go get one, they're awesome.

EDIT: Now I come to think of it, even a dry blood spec doesn't use 100% physical damage. There's still Death Coil..

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    The thing with Hysteria is that you do NOT use it on yourself.. What? Yes, you heard me right.

Even as blood, you don't do 100% physical dps(unless you're using a dry spec).

In which case, a fury warrior is going to have more benefit from it then you.
    If you don't have a fury warrior, go get one, they're awesome.

EDIT: Now I come to think of it, even a dry blood spec doesn't use 100% physical damage. There's still Death Coil..
    Nice theory, but you're wrong.

Sure, Fury warriors would have more benefit from Hysteria because they have a higher % of physical damage, and they would have a higher damage increase than us... but that's only if you ignore DRW. DRW has the same cooldown as Hysteria and popping Hysteria right after DRW benefits the Rune Weapon's attacks, meaning your damage increase is far higher than the fury warrior. Add to that the fact that I do considerably more damage than any of the fury warriors that I've come across, the biggest benefit to the raid DPS is casting it on myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive

Sure, Fury warriors would have more benefit from Hysteria because they have a higher % of physical damage, and they would have a higher damage increase than us... but that's only if you ignore DRW. DRW has the same cooldown as Hysteria and popping Hysteria right after DRW benefits the Rune Weapon's attacks, meaning your damage increase is far higher than the fury warrior. Add to that the fact that I do considerably more damage than any of the fury warriors that I've come across, the biggest benefit to the raid DPS is casting it on myself.
    Can you verify this? I was playing with these things last night, and while in the combat log, it shows that DRW gets bloody vengeance, it doesn't show that it gets hysteria. It also doesn't display the graphic on the DRW like it does on you. I mention that because it DOES display sudden doom and bloody vengeance ON the DRW.

i have DRW/Hysteria tied to the same key

hysteria first, then DRW, almost broke 10k on thaddius during the burst of it, settled more around 8k or high 7k if i remember correctly

MT and OT died due to some lag, so a 3rd tank had to pick it up, things got messy

I'm surprised no one has mentioned hunters as an EXCELLENT choice for using your hysteria.

And to the guy that said you can pop DRW and Hysteria, ... warriors can pop CD's too ya know! Deathwish, recklessness.. etc.. Hunters can pop rapid fire.. etc. We aren't only ones with CD's.

Basically.. Give it to the highest physical dps in your group/raid. Make a macro to /tar friend(the high dps); /cast hysteria; /w friend "Hysteria on YOU! GO GO!"; /w targetlasttarget; Then they should know they got it, and can pop CD's accordingly. I currently have mine set to a hunter for sarth, and a warrior in others.. I'm tanking so occasionally the hunters are out of my range to cast hysteria on them so I use the fury warrior then.

Deleted

Hunters are not an excellent choice for hysteria. Any half decent hunter is Survival now, and quite a big bulk of their damage is fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive

I have yet to have seen proof of Hysteria affecting DRW.
    A lot of people claim it does, while none has effectively proven it.

I play a hunter and I had one of our blood DKs macro his hysteria to me a while back and hit it as soon as heroism went up.

Let me tell you about Heroism + Call of the Wild + Rapid Fire + Hysteria... so much dps.