Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Guilds with only priest healers is the likely future of WOW

i would rather take just shaman healers than priests!!!

they are very good at groupheal and with the right glyphs pretty good at single heal, too. they will beat every other healer with the same equipment and skill if they want to right now in overall heal (recount).

furthermore:
    - dispell poison (you DO need this in some situations)
    - dispell disease (you DO need this in some situations)
    - lots of earthshields and riptide (hots)
    - lots of totems, healing stream and mana stream for everyone
    - heroism every 5 minutes (you DO need this in some situations - max dmg!)
    - dont drop dead as fast as a cloth wearer (last healer standing)
    - etc

so what else do you need?

You could probably clear out any content with only druids, but somehow I don't see there being many druid only guilds around.
    “You’re” is always a contraction of “you are.” If you’ve written “you’re,” try substituting “you are.” If it doesn’t work, the word you want is “your.” Your writing will improve if you’re careful about this.

If someone thanks you, write back “you’re welcome” for “you are welcome.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    Wow that was just retarded topic.

You could say same about drood with theory SO MUCH HOTS THAT NOONE WILL DIE LOL!

You could say same about paladins LOL BEACONS EVERYWHERE HL HL HL !

Iam not that sure only about shamans
    I totally agree with you, just could say that shamans " LOL CHAINHEAL" which was whole BC but whatever. I mean you didn't only bring shamans whole BC though noone could touch em on healingmeters in BT/MH. Not that sure in SWP

Well, I got a better idea: Bring 6 Resto Shamans with Glyphed + Improved Chain Heal in a 25 man raid. Every possible totem layed out, 6x Mana Tide, 6x stackable Water Spring, 6x CH spam war, and 6x 6secCD Riptide. Plus, Bloodlust. Even better than 6 Priests!

K, lets get serious.

Is is POSSIBLE that a 25 man raid can clear any given raid instance with a single healing class? Yes, it is. Is it PROBABLE? No, it isn't. Simply because it is not practical, and it is not clever.

It is not practical, because you cant have 9-10 active healing Priests (or Shamans, or paladins, or Druids) in your guild so you can always have 6 of them ready to raid, and willing to compete each other for the same equipment.

It is not clever, because you need class diversity in order to take advantage of everything that is available. CoH is great, but during the 6 sec CD the Shaman can still CH and the druid HoT. Spirit buff is great, but so is Mana Tide in the caster's group.

So, to address your point: No, Guild with only Priest Healers is not the likely future of WoW...

I never said this would happen the same day that Dual spec patch would be out. It will happen over time but it will happen alot faster than many realise.

Daedalon seems to forget that there will be patches after 3.1. Disc or holy might get nerfed, other healers might get buffed and so forth.
    “You’re” is always a contraction of “you are.” If you’ve written “you’re,” try substituting “you are.” If it doesn’t work, the word you want is “your.” Your writing will improve if you’re careful about this.

If someone thanks you, write back “you’re welcome” for “you are welcome.”

Quote Originally Posted by Till
    Well, I got a better idea: Bring 6 Resto Shamans with Glyphed + Improved Chain Heal in a 25 man raid. Every possible totem layed out, 6x Mana Tide, 6x stackable Water Spring, 6x CH spam war, and 6x 6secCD Riptide. Plus, Bloodlust. Even better than 6 Priests!

K, lets get serious.

Is is POSSIBLE that a 25 man raid can clear any given raid instance with a single healing class? Yes, it is. Is it PROBABLE? No, it isn't. Simply because it is not practical, and it is not clever.

It is not practical, because you cant have 9-10 active healing Priests (or Shamans, or paladins, or Druids) in your guild so you can always have 6 of them ready to raid, and willing to compete each other for the same equipment.

It is not clever, because you need class diversity in order to take advantage of everything that is available. CoH is great, but during the 6 sec CD the Shaman can still CH and the druid HoT. Spirit buff is great, but so is Mana Tide in the caster's group.

So, to address your point: No, Guild with only Priest Healers is not the likely future of WoW...
    You know as well as me that even with 6 shamans spaming CH will not cover needed healing. And they will run oom cause lets face it... smartheal on 5 ppl should ALWAYS make ANY healing class OOM no matter much manaregen you stack. Its that simple.Shamans are JUST throwing out one way of healing. It simply wont happen. On the other hand... Priests dont have one way of healing. They can even switch between a good single target spec to a good group spec. You can not ask a shaman to do that and thats why 6 shamans will never happen.

I remind ppl once more. it is not MY saying that a raid with only healing priests (no other healing class) can do all the content. This is straight from Blizzard and they specially noted that this was NOT ONLY OF NAX but for ALL content in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Netm
    Daedalon seems to forget that there will be patches after 3.1. Disc or holy might get nerfed, other healers might get buffed and so forth.
    I guess you missed the QQs of the last priest nerf...

Im not forgetting anything. Im just pointing out something that should be obvious to everyone - including Blizzard but at the same time they claim that one SPECIFIC healing class SHOULD be able to do all the content while OTHERS healing classes can not do the same.

And once again - thats not my saying. This is coming from GC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevor
    i would rather take just shaman healers than priests!!!

they are very good at groupheal and with the right glyphs pretty good at single heal, too. they will beat every other healer with the same equipment and skill if they want to right now in overall heal (recount).

furthermore:
    - dispell poison (you DO need this in some situations)
    - dispell disease (you DO need this in some situations)
    - lots of earthshields and riptide (hots)
    - lots of totems, healing stream and mana stream for everyone
    - heroism every 5 minutes (you DO need this in some situations - max dmg!)
    - dont drop dead as fast as a cloth wearer (last healer standing)
    - etc

so what else do you need?
    I agree with almost everything here... but I'll be up 12 seconds longer than you :P
    (gogo DS :/)

Rofl, these days you get what the hell you are given, it's hard enough getting healer's to log on and join a raid, never mind rejecting a healer because he aint a priest. Also why would Priests being able to respec during raid have any effect on the other healer's......... What if you need less healer's for one fight, ANY class healer can respec to be a DPS the only one that would have to switch gear would be the Paladin......

This thread is major blah.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

qq

skill over class

6x Resto druid is obviously the way to go. 6x rolling lifeblooms on the tank and short of being literaly 1 shot he will not die, 6x wild growth for raid healing, 6 Battle rezes, 6 innervates.

But in all seriousness bringing 6 of any one healing class is just stupid. I like haveing extra blessings, I like haveing Mana tide and 1-2 chain heals for melee, I like gaurdian spirit/CoH and penance, I like haveing BRs and hots and innervate.

IMO 2 healing priests (1 disc 1 holly), 1 resto druid, 1 resto shamman, 2 Holly pallys is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Darshana
    Rofl, these days you get what the hell you are given, it's hard enough getting healer's to log on and join a raid, never mind rejecting a healer because he aint a priest. Also why would Priests being able to respec during raid have any effect on the other healer's......... What if you need less healer's for one fight, ANY class healer can respec to be a DPS the only one that would have to switch gear would be the Paladin......

This thread is major blah.
    Still there will probably be only 1 holy paladin in 25 man raids in the top 5 guilds of every server.

You get what you are given - but some can choose - come can't.

Lets spell this out. You have a choise as a guild and as a raid leader. Should you take 2 healing priests and 2 healing paladins (+ others)? Now.. lets see... 2 paladins can do single target healing - but Dics pliests are supposed to become as good single target healers (GC). And they can switch to more versitile group healing role in fights needed. There is simply no question. There will be only one healing paladin - or maybe none in the top guilds that have a choise who to pick. Other guilds that dont have the choise will probably have 4 paladins and 1 priest - until the paladins are forced to reroll to become viable - even if they are alot better players than the mediocre priests in top guilds.

The more versitile you are - the more viable you are. Its that simple.

About dispelling and cleansing... since when after Vanilla WOW are dispelling and cleansing becoming a viable part of the game ? Let me remind you that its BLIZZARD that created the 3 class roles on their forums.

Quote Originally Posted by lawladino
    qq

skill over class
    THis simply is not true atm. There are classes (healing specs) that are SOO limited they will not be viable based on their skills.

Maybe ppl didn't know it - but ret paladins actually were rEALLY good in 3-4 fights in TBC. They just were not good enough in others to bother draggin 1 along and having to let needed classes sit out (like the mele classes that could interupt).

15+ Year Old Account

Since I like to do things/heroics with friends who are also healers (also for dailies and farming), my alt spec will be shadow.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

You honestly belive the priests will use their dual spec to switch between two types of healing? They are gonna use it to become shadow, so they dps on healing easy fight, Farm, PvP without requering to find somebody who can protect them, the list goes on. And even so are you really gonna leave out the other classes healing buffs just becuase the priest is maybe 3% better at the designated task than the others?
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

1st:thread = bullshit
    2nd: Healing meters doesnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin Majare
    You honestly belive the priests will use their dual spec to switch between two types of healing? They are gonna use it to become shadow, so they dps on healing easy fight, Farm, PvP without requering to find somebody who can protect them, the list goes on. And even so are you really gonna leave out the other classes healing buffs just becuase the priest is maybe 3% better at the designated task than the others?
    I actualy know of atleast 2 holy priests that are going to use disc as there second spec for pvp

I can't think of a single boss in LK that can't be done without priests. So why would a guild choose to go with priests only? That wouldn't be fun, even for the priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon

I remind ppl once more. it is not MY saying that a raid with only healing priests (no other healing class) can do all the content. This is straight from Blizzard and they specially noted that this was NOT ONLY OF NAX but for ALL content in the game.
    ok first of all blizz said that they can do all the content wich doesnt mean its the best way.
    second could u link the part where they said that no other healing class can do this?

if u realy think the best raiding guilds are going to use priests only i think u should just sit back and rethink that. its just foolish
    Quote Originally Posted by nium
    [size=10pt] Devs: Our nerfs will block the sun.
    Druids: Then we shall tank in the shade! ...[/size]