Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Guilds with only priest healers is the likely future of WOW

Quote Originally Posted by suenali
    6x Resto druid is obviously the way to go. 6x rolling lifeblooms on the tank and short of being literaly 1 shot he will not die, 6x wild growth for raid healing, 6 Battle rezes, 6 innervates.

But in all seriousness bringing 6 of any one healing class is just stupid. I like haveing extra blessings, I like haveing Mana tide and 1-2 chain heals for melee, I like gaurdian spirit/CoH and penance, I like haveing BRs and hots and innervate.

IMO 2 healing priests (1 disc 1 holly), 1 resto druid, 1 resto shamman, 2 Holly pallys is the way to go.
    this, although my guild used to roll like this but found the disc priest was rather redundant with 2 holy pallies, so switched to holy for pure healing output
    Quote Originally Posted by Kexmeister
    So, imagine this - 40 priests vs 40 priests in AV:
    Priest 1 MCs Priest 2, Priest 3 MCs Priest 1 who's MC'ed Priest 2 which then gets MC'ed again twice by priest 4, which gets MC'ed by Priest 5.

Later the unstoppable force hits hogger and the world explodes.

Those posting about poison dispeling, cleansing, blessing etc - you do realize that shamans/druids/paladins can do those in dps / tanking specs as well, right? Having only priests as healers in raid is of course bullshit, but don't get fooled, the way the changes looks now the best healing combo in raid is going to be priest / paladin mix , at least for min maxing guilds.
    ''Most powerful is he who controls his own power.''

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    First - Let me bring you the actual qoute from GC about priest roles

[color=blue]Priest Role

If your raid is stacked with paladin healers your group healing will suffer. If your raid is stacked with druid healers, your tank healing will suffer. If your raid is stacked with priests, you won't have any problems.

You DO notice of course that he is not mentioning Shamans. Therefore I am eligible to say that if you also stuck your raid with healing Shamans, you won't have any healing problems either, since GC does not specifically mention them as problematic when stacked....

But you DO realize that this whole conversation is pointless...

You know as well as me that even with 6 shamans spaming CH will not cover needed healing. And they will run oom cause lets face it... smartheal on 5 ppl should ALWAYS make ANY healing class OOM no matter much manaregen you stack. Its that simple.Shamans are JUST throwing out one way of healing. It simply wont happen. On the other hand... Priests dont have one way of healing. They can even switch between a good single target spec to a good group spec. You can not ask a shaman to do that and thats why 6 shamans will never happen.
    1. And yet, 6 Shamans spamming Riptide - glyphed CH surely can cover needed healing, even 5 can do it...

2. And yet they will not run out of mana. just put them in the same group: 5 stackable mana spring totems, plus 5 Mana Tide totems. All they have to do is rotate Mana Tide totem, one down every minute...

3. And yet, they do not throw out only one way of healing. With LHW, HW and Riptide we can perfectly keep up a single target. It just so happens that we do so much better job in Raid healing, so we are preferred at that particular role.

Great thing is that, with the upcoming patch Mana Spring and Healing Stream will be one Totem. Mana regen and passive healing in one totem, wow. Yap, I see it coming, Shamans will once more dominate Raid Healing...

With the coming dual spec - priests will be the dominating force in healing. WIth a switch of a button they go from a top single target healer to a top grouphealer. No switching gear - nothing. It has already been announched that a raid of healing priests only should be able to do the 25 man content. That is offical from GC. 7 healing priests could become the norm. 9 healing priests in each guild. Thats alot easier to manage than to have 3 druids (2 get spot) 3 shamans (2 get spot) and 2 Palas (1 get spot). 9 Priests can easily switch around (2 taking time out each night) and you will never have to bother aobut changing strategies cause you dont have the exact healing classes to manage.

Gratz Blizzard on great job making WOW about one healing class only !
    My guild currently runs with 5-6 priests, BEFORE duel specs. honestly Disc can almost aoe heal as well as holy, esp with the 3.1 changes to PoH.

The part i bolded, a disc priest prefers WAY different gear than a holy priest, as disc priests have a built in 25% haste and benefit more from crit than an other stat.

Ide just like to point out, you dont like when GC talks about a class he has no understanding of.... so why are you talking about a class that you CLEARLY have NO understanding of?
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

BLizzard has stated you only need priests as healers to do the content. Its not my idea. Secondly - Priests get same sets as paladins. You only need 2 of those. Rest balances out on its own when you skip the other healing classes. Its not any harder to gear up 9 priests than 9 healers of split classes.
    im sure someone already called you out on this, but he said you CAN, not that you need to/have to/want to.

man this is the 2nd thread ive seen by you, nothing but facking QQ

i remember the days we where progressing the first bosses at Hyjal Summit and Black Temple
    our healers: 5 priests, 1 drood, 1 pala

it works fine at all

later then, we had some more palas and shamans and leave some priests at home, it works better

as viable as priests are, raids will stand and fall /w support between all classes

Quote Originally Posted by holybynature
    i remember the days we where progressing the first bosses at Hyjal Summit and Black Temple
    our healers: 5 priests, 1 drood, 1 pala

it works fine at all

later then, we had some more palas and shamans and leave some priests at home, it works better

as viable as priests are, raids will stand and fall /w support between all classes
    /praise finally someone who understands!

Deleted

Gratz Blizzard on great job making WOW about one healing class only !
    Gratz on another stupid post failing to take into account the strengths and limits of each class and how guilds actually do work in the real world.

Many of the ppl answering in this last page are assuming things based on the past and the current gamebalance. You can not do that anymore. This is the point Im making. Holy priests will be as good (if not better aoe healers) than shamans. 4-5 priests will do more focused healing than any shamans could ever do. The changes to disc makes them equally good as holy palas in quality of their single target heals. And you know what... Every single priest can be BOTH in the same raid cause of dual spec. I think noone actually grasps this concept atm cause ppl are not used to it. Dual spec will bring a new world of balance into the game. Even Blizzard has said that one of their goals IS to make it so that players can swich specs in raid. In the long run this will not just change the game slightly - It will flop the game on its head. Atm very few ppl seem to grasp how huge a change this will be - and the classes that have most flexibility will be dominating the game. A class that has the full flexibility of beeing the best single target healer to beeing the best grouphealer will be called upon every single time. Healing classes that dont have the same flexibility will be sitting out.
    ah come on, roll a priest and save this pointless assumptions to yourself. even you do not know that discipline and holy gear has differencies. so respeccing is not really easy and grinding different gears for both holy and discipline is worthless since generally if you roll for a caster item you will be charged for dkp (aka if there is no hit rating on it)

This will never happen and if it even starts to, Blizzard will adjust things to make sure it never happens. My guild has a scarcity of priests anyway. Most of our healing is done by druids and pallys. We never have more than 2 priests in a raid.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

One of my friends just xfered servers because his guild is no longer taking holy priests to progression raids. Spriests will bring fort and spirit next patch. And Holy priests are not the best at any single healing assignment.

I would say things are pretty balanced right now pve healing wise especially since healing is so easy.

The fact that some ppl think priests will soon be the only healers, while others think priests are obsolete points to good balance. When it comes down to it raid with ppl that make raiding fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias
    LOL ... nice trolling.
    Lets see how far it goes.
    8 Pages and counting, lol

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r
    When it comes down to it raid with ppl that make raiding fun.
    Agreed, it is a game
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    well for one thing, 7 priests will never make Maexxna because they cant dispel poison.

other than that, even if priests top healing meter, its because they actually make full use of their heals, unlike paladins whose 70% of total amount healed is passive(glyph of holy light, judgement of light, bacon of light), so paladins out there, if your scared that the priests will pwn you in Recount, then you really gotta l2p.... cause even after the patch, priests will NOT outheal paladins of equal skill and gear
    i cleared naxx10 with 2 priests and never really had probs with maexxna.. hell i never knew maexxna had such a debuff till i was naxx with my tank
    (ps: disc and holy)
    but yea prolly not possible in 25 man since i would need those other healers to heal as well
    but still u will never have a full priest 25man run
    those good pve guilds have their healers they use for their runs.. and that wont change just cuz a priest can respec whenever he wants
    btw u need different gear for disc and holy

Fail OP is fail.

One class will not dominate healing. I play a pally, and I have done a good bit of fights with other so called "inferior" healers. Sure a class can make a certain fight a little easier, but honestly I'll take skill and raid balance any day. Shamans can raid heal well (single heal ok), Druids can raid heal well (single heal ok), and Pallys can single target heal well (raid heal ok). All classes are capable of healing situations at least somewhat effectively. It's not about what class is the best, it's about what classes work together to get the best. Period.

Your logic of priests dominating raid heal is beyond dumb. You miss out on buffs (yes dps or tanks can provide some buffs, but spec'd buffs are still better). You also leave out group synergy factors, and how retardedly slow gearing out 5+ priests would be. So try and stroke your e-peen and hold your blanket because you are afraid blizzard isn't gonna make you OP to all hell. It won't work, and 9 priests healing a raid won't either.

By the way, since you are claiming to be intelligent... Shouldn't everyone posting (8 pages worth of posts) tell you you sir are wrong, hint at something? Just curious?