Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Hey Dire, where's your pet going?

yesterday on Naxx Trash:
    We AoEd some random group of spiders. Everything went ok, then suddendly as the trash died my felhunter ran the other way out of the room till he desummoned himself. he was on defence, i didn't do anything and could only watch and go WTF??
    i think he was just annoyed of me or angry, because he died two groups before. luckily he didn't ./shoo at me

You could've tried to put him on passive and then tell him to "follow" again. I think passive is a better stance for controlling your pet, defensive is just easier for most situations. I think when I start raiding I'm going to keep my pet on passive so he doesn't go off and get himself killed, at least until i have more faith in him and our healers

My wife was having the same problem last night with her voidwalker while we were questing - he would all of a sudden run off and aggro 4-5 more guys (not following a runner either, just start wandering aimlessly)

What i did was have her put her put on Passive, then on her DoT rotation macro i put /petattack at the beginning. That way her pet keeps getting reminded who to smack every time she hits the button.
    Pax Aeterna - Area 52

Maybe it has something to do with the ground, I notice sometimes if there is a slight rise in the ground like a tiny curb, my pet will take a weird path around it to get to the mob. For example, during the love is in the air holiday I solo ran to the first boss in reg UK to get the roses and in the bosses room there is that circular platform thats slightly higher than the rest of the ground, well my voidwalk would go all the way AROUND it to get to his target instead of taking a straight path up over the 2 inch rise in the ground, and if the mob happened to be in the dead center of the platform the voidwalker would just run circles around the platform hopelessly looking for a way up... Moron.

They really need to do something about pets walking paths, I think they should just make it so that the pets follows the exact path the player takes following right behind us instead of side by side, making them able to climb on ANYTHING the player is able to. I'm sure it couldn't be too tough for blizz to implement. I remember running ZA in BC and taking the shortcut jumping through the windows of the huts and instead of my pet following me through he takes the LONG way around aggroing every troll, lookout, dragonhawk, and panther in his way. I learned the hard way that I have to dismiss my pet before jumping off or through anything in the game, and watch everyone else learn the hard way also. I'm sure you have also.
    Poë: 80 Gnome Warlock on Draenor
    53/0/18
    2550 spell dmg
    Hit Capped
    17% Haste
    18k health
    4/5 T7.5 now with Hood of Rationality woot!
    80 spriest and 4 other lvl 70 toons I dread the thought of having to level again.

this is starting to piss me off. my VW is pulling that shit nearly every pull. i send it to attack then it runs off like 40 yds.

Dont got any of the above problems, however i got another problem. If i heal my pet to full health with Health Funnel and mount up afterward, then when i dismount again my pet will automaticly lose 40% life and all its mana. Really pisses me off big time
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

I agree with steroni! That problem is really annoying me! Why can't Blizz just fix the pets so that they follow you when you jump off a wall or stuff like that?

But I have now a question to you, my fellow warlocks!

I'm pretty new to affliction raiding and I have some probs with my pet:

1. as stated above (to following correctly)
    2. it just dies!!!

For example: Saphiron

I may sound like a noob but I really don't know how to use my FH correctly and effectively.
    Has anyone of you some tips for me? Am I doing something wrong?
    What should I do if my FH just stucks when I'm entering Gluth's room or jump down to Thaddius? Is it worth to resummon the FH without having Fel Domination associated with Master Summoner? Or should I just do the fight without having a pet out?

Now you can start to stone me to death

it's easy.
    saph: wenn he casts his breath say your pet to follow you behind the iceblock (the aoe frost-damage can be ignored)
    gluth/thaddius: summon your eye of kilrogg and desummon it. your pet should then spawn by your side again

resummoning is just a waste of time and by the way, my felhunter doesn't do so much damage (i'm affli, felhunter not skilled) and felintelligence is everytime overwritten by mage and priest buffs. so when he dies noone cares.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rentin
    Only annoying thing I have noticed lately is when my felpuppy and mob just like chase eachother accross the room into other groups of mobs. It's like sometimes they get caught in an infinite loop of trying to get infront of eachother leading to them just running side by side across the room. It only seems to happen when my puppy and the mob have main aggro on eachother, zzzzippp to the other side of the room. Anyone else notice this ever?
    Only real problem I have with demons. In instances they generally do what they're told. Also about all this micromanagement on sapphiron, shouldnt be needed, ive been playing about with FG/Ember lately and find that just sticking it on saph the whole fight is fine, didnt die.