how to fix locks

put a talent early in affliction, imrpoved shadow ward. You become imune to physical damage for 3 seconds can be used while stuned. warlocks fixed

Re: how to fix locks

good idea. srsly. doesnt buff pve only pvp. great idea. not too OP as it is only 3 sec. maybe instead of immune, 90% less dmg or something.

isn't shadow ward a demonology spell

So your saying you want to be a spriest?
    I love the Power Glove.

Or how about ..Spell-Doppleganger: Your pet takes on your likeness. Nahhhh, it's too crazy.

i think your right, i think it is a demonlogy spell. so begniing of the demonology tree instead of affliction same difference. right now shadow ward is a pos almost no point of having the spell. and no i dont want to be a shadow priest i just want a way yo avoid being killed instantly by tow melees becuase right now the only way to survive two melees is to have a good healer with you, or meta but then palys still rape you.

Quote Originally Posted by demonation
    i think your right, i think it is a demonology spell. so begniing of the demonology tree instead of affliction same difference. right now shadow ward is a pos almost no point of having the spell. and no i dont want to be a shadow priest i just want a way yo avoid being killed instantly by tow melees because right now the only way to survive two melees is to have a good healer with you, or meta but then palys still rape you.
    Yea, it must suck to die quickly when two people attack you. You should be able to become invulnerable whenever to avoid this. /sarcasm

But really, locks do need some sort of defense. Invulnerability is not it, however.

I'd rather improve what we got.

Like take demonic circle: portal and allow the lock to select where to put it with an AoE type cursor as well as make it instant cast.

Bump up the range on demonic circle: teleport to 60 yards. Change the pvp gloves bonus to increase the range by another 20 yards. Have fel concentration affect all affliction spells.

Make howl of terror a horror effect.

Change shadowflame to a single target spell with 30 yard range, increase its damage to be worth using.

or just give locks more armor/stam talents. to make them a tank in pvp like they used to be.... or they could do what every1 else is saying and make them exactly like every other caster..... there isnt a difference in classes anymore.. every1 has the same spells.. its getting rather rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777
    good idea. srsly. doesnt buff pve only pvp. great idea. not too OP as it is only 3 sec. maybe instead of immune, 90% less dmg or something.
    If you honestly think u need immunity for 3 seconds, then you must really fail at Bg's and arena. Warlocks aren't designed to aborbs damage like mages and preists, there designed to heal through the dmg using spells, stones, etc. As a destro lock, im top Killing blows, top dmg, top kills for most of the Bg's i play, arena is a different story. I get sick and tried of people who constantly think warlocks are broken, ecspecially destro locks. Look at what you have as a forgotten class and enjoy the benefit of the new spells that have been introduced at lvl 80. Teleport, choasbolt, haunt, Meta, etc. Immunity is not the answer to surviving in PvP, however i do propose a new spell that will help with warlock survivability...

Soul Grasp: 1 second cast, Lay down and AoE effect within 20 yards, causing minimum shadow dmg (225-305) every 2.5 seconds for 25 seconds. This dot effect has a 20% chance to intangle the target in Fel chains, reducing their movement speed by 40% for 5 seconds. This effect can only occur every 5 seconds.

- This spell is not OP, it does not grant immunity, but what it does bring is more dmg through dots, gives warlocks a chance of getting away from melee based classes, but also allows melee to counter this spell by using trinket, charge, or switching forms (druid). It grants to warlock a new level of survivability as well as not being too OP against other classes. Furthermore, this spell is only as powerful as the warlocks playing strat. If the warlock decides to put this spell in the wrong area, then melee will have the upper hand, and vise versa. Though similar to death and decay, this move is different beacuse it has the ability to intangle the target. Tell me what you think about my idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    I'd rather improve what we got.

Like take demonic circle: portal and allow the lock to select where to put it with an AoE type cursor as well as make it instant cast.

Bump up the range on demonic circle: teleport to 60 yards. Change the pvp gloves bonus to increase the range by another 20 yards. Have fel concentration affect all affliction spells.

Make howl of terror a horror effect.

Change shadowflame to a single target spell with 30 yard range, increase its damage to be worth using.
    I like the idea of being able to place portals at range, but this might do some crazy things with running up cliffs/walls etc, the range increase would be nice. An idea I heard that is worth thinking about is making demonic circle be usable while stunned, but not break the stun (you would end up where your portal is stunned for the remaining duration).

warlocks are good at bg's where we fail is when two or more organized ppl focus fire us. Almost all classes have a survivabilty tactic for this but locks need a heal bot. Its unfortunate. Mayb even nerf soemthing else to give us a way of survivng without having a healer.