Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Worst Guild Applications

Sorry but this thread seems as if it's intended to be another example of elitists bullying people who wanted to be in their guilds.

Re: Worst Guild Applications

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Sorry but this thread seems as if it's intended to be another example of elitists bullying people who wanted to be in their guilds.
    ^ /palmface & /rofl...

Found this on WoW forums
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....16253966&sid=1

Deleted
    This made me chuckle a lot because I'm biased and I made the application for my own amusement.

exo-guild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3720

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Now what would be an example of a good guild application?
    Eh, usually if your guild requires an application, then it also has a template. A good guild application follows the template, supplies all needed info, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Usually I'm on board with you, but c'mon. You can't call people that post applications like that and instantly reject them "elitist". Would rejecting someone's job application because it's written that poorly be "elitist" too? I do realize that Warcraft isn't a job and I no longer even play, but applications show you care and are willing to take the time to write one out. There's a difference between "elitist" and not wanting a clown in your guild.
    Last edited by Bamboozles; 2010-12-29 at 05:57 AM.

Deleted
    I was playing in Zen on Mazrigos EU and we were a 100% danish guild (before merge and split... thats another story) and we received an application from someone that clearly didnt know danish, since he had stolen the template from the top guild of the server, filled it in with English and then Google translated it :P Was quite hilarious to read as it made little or no sense. Ofc it would be pointless to post it (and i couldnt even if i wanted to, the old forums have been closed) but i can guarantee you that there is no possible way to make a worse application than to copy paste from anywhere... and google translate doesnt make it any better!

Deleted
    Okay, lets see.. The Worst.. Must be this one.

This guy want to apply as he says in the Topic name : " apply for druid dps".

Here we go :
    About you:wow is the greatest game ever i love mmorg games

About your character:

Name: *Removed of kindness. (Poor fellow)*
    Race:night elf
    Class:druid
    Spec: balance
    Past guilds:singidunum centuria and event-horizon
    Why did you leave your guild:they didn't raid enough

Are you willing to respec:yes

What is your general attitude towards raiding and what does raiding mean to you (use at least 50 words):i love playing the game raid is just the top i love when you keep on trying downing a boss and then it finaly succes because of the teamwork and because everyone does their best, and there is nothing better in wow than to improve your gear

Are you able to take constructive criticism without going emo?:yes if it is rightfull and if i have done something wrong

Briefly explain your DPS/Tank/Healing rotation or priority queue you use while raiding:icy touch.plague strike,2 blood strike, scourge strik, spam death coil
    Did you see it, Huh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    Usually I'm on board with you, but c'mon. You can't call people that post applications like that "elitist". Would rejecting someone's job application because it's written that poorly be "elitist" too? I do realize that Warcraft isn't a job and I no longer even play, but applications show you care and are willing to take the time to write one out. There's a difference between "elitist" and not wanting a clown in your guild.
    ^^ I agree with this.

Elitism is definitely one of those clichéd words that definitely construes that someone is being discriminatory. However, discrimination is not something that can be avoided and therefore, everyone needs to discriminate in order to be able to differentiate the good from the bad. Applications that are genuinely bad do reflect on what your expectation of someone is going to be like, therefore if an application has the bare minimum effort put into it, then the person reviewing it has to discriminate that person against the criteria presented to them.

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 05:26 AM ----------

Lol - he's a DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionbar View Post

Here we go :

Did you see it, Huh?
    Never knew a druid had Icy Touch or any of those abilities :<< I guess that's what I'm missing in my own rotation!!

Now gief cookie!

Deleted
    This guy is just messing with you, and lol @ anyone who thinks they can froid this guy and say he has issues. Its rather pathetic.

He has a sence of humor, and this is a video game, and a guild application no less, to a guild in a video game. If I asked to join a guild and was told to apply online that does what exactly? Unless your paragon or something I can tell you relevent info in-game, or what does a load of text on your bought forum-blog determine skill ingame? Answer: No, WoW isn't a job.

Maybe its a PvE thing, PvP's form of application: can I or can I not beat you to a pulp Y/N?

Its just something guild masters cooked up to play dictator with the guildies. Its not like there isn't a 101 guilds on any one server.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxydruid View Post
    This guy is just messing with you, and lol @ anyone who thinks they can froid this guy and say he has issues. Its rather pathetic.

He has a sence of humor, and this is a video game, and a guild application no less, to a guild in a video game. If I asked to join a guild and was told to apply online that does what exactly? Unless your paragon or something I can tell you relevent info in-game, or what does a load of text on your bought forum-blog determine skill ingame? Answer: No, WoW isn't a job.

Maybe its a PvE thing, PvP's form of application: can I or can I not beat you to a pulp Y/N?

Its just something guild masters cooked up to play dictator with the guildies. Its not like there isn't a 101 guilds on any one server.
    If you are joining a guild that requires an application its because the guild generally cares about how it's players time is spent in raids or to make sure that the personalities at least seem compatible to what the guild is looking for. I for one don't want to go into a raid with some new people who just want to waste everyone's time.

"inv me to the guild rogue 5800 gs"

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I now wonder why you guys revived an old thread where there has been no post for over a year until today?

Deleted
    Because laughing at stupid guild applications (created intentionally or not) is worthy for discussion?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    Usually I'm on board with you, but c'mon. You can't call people that post applications like that and instantly reject them "elitist". Would rejecting someone's job application because it's written that poorly be "elitist" too? I do realize that Warcraft isn't a job and I no longer even play, but applications show you care and are willing to take the time to write one out. There's a difference between "elitist" and not wanting a clown in your guild.
    Keep in mind this is an old thread. :P

Almost 2 years old.. However I suppose it's still relevant.

At the very least I'm glad people are using the search function.. now to make sure this wasn't part of some "bring up old threads for lulz" spam..

Deleted
    You know, the sad thing is that this guy will eventually be taken by a guild that drags him through raids like his last ones did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionbar View Post

Here we go :

Did you see it, Huh?
    Did he honestly describe an unholy DK rotation? i would understand if it was edited in for giggles

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviar View Post
    This made me chuckle a lot because I'm biased and I made the application for my own amusement.

exo-guild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3720
    First: necro.
    Second, this was quite funny

Quote Originally Posted by soniqboom View Post
    so I get a /w last night asking if we are recruiting a DK tank still, I inform the guy that we are and he needed to post an application on our website, sure enough a few hours later this showed up on our website:

Name: ********
    Spec and stats : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ong&n=********

I am Gunnery Sergeant *******, your Senior Drill Instructor. From now on, you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir!" Do you maggots understand that?
    I r 12 and pwnz ?! + all your epics are belongz to us!

Ventrilo: yes

I guess you really dont care what i do or im into and you dont give a crap what my pets names are, so im not going to put it. You need to know im on most week nights 19:30 server time till about 01:00 server time. I work 1 weekend a month, so cant raid for 1 weekend out of 4.

Thats your lot, if you want to talk msg me in game.

If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training... you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death, praying for war. But until that day you are pukes! You're the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings! You are nothing but unorganized grabasstic pieces of amphibian shit! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard, but I am fair! There is no racial bigotry here! I do not look down on n****, k****, w*** or g******. Here you are all equally worthless! And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps! Do you maggots understand that?

Obviously he got denied, but i found it hilarious he expected to join with that app.
    Clearly one of the worst ive ever seen but im sure they are far far worse!
    Post Away!
    I would most definitely want to raid with a funny guy like that...
    I hope to never be in a guild that does not get that he is joking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    I would most definitely want to raid with a funny guy like that...
    I hope to never be in a guild that does not get that he is joking around.
    Ye yeah very funny and all but can someone not think about joking After he has been accepted in a guild and not with the application process wath would you do if you go to a job interview and first make a ''joke'' application, would you also not think he is a bit clueless in the head?