Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: shadow priest: Crit cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmasterg
    I'd just like to point out that you should really be more concerned on how to play a Shadow Priest rather then what stats are best to have....I have one Valor and one heroic (2piece set) and out can out dps other Shadpriests with full valorous just because I know how to play this class better then others. But to answer another question, Yes I believe 20% crit + approx 300 haste is the way to go. If you have a Draenai in your group and a boomkin at all times...the take away some hit gems/enchants and replace with SP/haste or crit and go with a 10% hit rating.
    Isn't the Moonkin's IFF the same debuff slot as your hit with Misery?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by adezero
    you're not funny. crit scales exponentially so you'll never reach 100%
    "Exponential growth (including exponential decay) occurs when the growth rate of a mathematical function is proportional to the function's current value. In the case of a discrete domain of definition with equal intervals it is also called geometric growth or geometric decay (the function values form a geometric progression)."

I think you mean that crit rating scales with diminishing returns, meaning that the higher your crit rating, the less benefit you gain from added crit rating.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

As far as I know, 1 haste rating and 1 crit rating is valued the same according to shadowpriest.com. Can anyone confirm this? I feel like crit should scale better, affecting all of our spells.

1 crit = ~1.07 haste, according to the latest simulationcraft output.
    It was hovering around 1 crit = ~1.25 haste recently, and as far as I know, no major changes were made that would have effected scaling values. So I guess we could settle for the mean and say 1 crit = ~1.16 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    1 crit = ~1.07 haste, according to the latest simulationcraft output.
    It was hovering around 1 crit = ~1.25 haste recently, and as far as I know, no major changes were made that would have effected scaling values. So I guess we could settle for the mean and say 1 crit = ~1.16 haste.
    From where do you get those numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    From where do you get those numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    [...] according to the latest simulationcraft output. [...]

Quote Originally Posted by adezero
    you're not funny. crit scales exponentially so you'll never reach 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Folly
    There are some many things wrong with this statement I have no idea where to begin.
    seconded
    thirded
    fourth...ed?

there can be a negative sign in an exponential you know, omg the function flips around! wow, the statement is valid now! no one cares about your nitpicking

I wouldn't expect the inhabitants of the internet to be aquadent in mathematics.

elitistjerks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    As far as I know, 1 haste rating and 1 crit rating is valued the same according to shadowpriest.com. Can anyone confirm this? I feel like crit should scale better, affecting all of our spells.
    Are you talking about crit and haste as numbers that add up to percentage of crit and haste or that 1% crit is the same as 1% haste, dps wise?

I had a look at Loatheb today. Seems getting crit above 75% is very hard. I got 74.5% and popped a Wild Magic potion, which only gave 1% extra.