Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Divine Hymm Changes

    So after a frustrating game of 2v2s i realized how much divine hymm actully sucks. Me being only lvl 80 on my priest for like a couple days (1500sp 500 res 19K Life 18K mana) thought that this would be a good this in 2s it heals and CC's. But i was wrong with the constant teams containg rogue feral and other hard hitting melees its hard to get a cast off and fear is just so meh. yes i still need to LRN2PLAY *GnerdRAGE* but i think this change would actully be alright.

    This might be a wall of text cuase its sorta hard to explain but ill give it a shot.

    First things frist DH(Divine hymm) will now be a instant cast. share the same CD as fear and diminsihing returns with what ever it was with. so this is how it would go ....

    Priest vs Rogue

    He opens up on you does whatever then you instant cast DH. It places a Despellable Debuff on the target(s) which has a base despell resist of 60%?, you also get a buff this would heal you for the same amount in the same period of time as it normally does. DH has a 3-4 second time where you get healed, but the debuff on the rogue is bascilly like a ticking time bomb after that 3-4 seconds are over then he gets incapictated. If that makes any sense to anybody please try to make this more clear since english not my native language.

    I think this would be a very benifictal spell in both PVP and PVE it wouldnt be OP cause its depspellable and it shares CD with fear. amount healed isnt that great so thats whatever.

    Im sorry if somone posted somthing like this before but i jsut wanted to let you guys know about my idea so what do you guys think? Good change bad change?

  2. #2

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mage-you-look
    So after a frustrating game of 2v2s i realized how much divine hymm actully sucks. Me being only lvl 80 on my priest for like a couple days (1500sp 500 res 19K Life 18K mana) thought that this would be a good this in 2s it heals and CC's. But i was wrong with the constant teams containg rogue feral and other hard hitting melees its hard to get a cast off and fear is just so meh. yes i still need to LRN2PLAY *GnerdRAGE* but i think this change would actully be alright.

    This might be a wall of text cuase its sorta hard to explain but ill give it a shot.

    First things frist DH(Divine hymm) will now be a instant cast. share the same CD as fear and diminsihing returns with what ever it was with. so this is how it would go ....

    Priest vs Rogue

    He opens up on you does whatever then you instant cast DH. It places a Despellable Debuff on the target(s) which has a base despell resist of 60%?, you also get a buff this would heal you for the same amount in the same period of time as it normally does. DH has a 3-4 second time where you get healed, but the debuff on the rogue is bascilly like a ticking time bomb after that 3-4 seconds are over then he gets incapictated. If that makes any sense to anybody please try to make this more clear since english not my native language.

    I think this would be a very benifictal spell in both PVP and PVE it wouldnt be OP cause its depspellable and it shares CD with fear. amount healed isnt that great so thats whatever.

    Im sorry if somone posted somthing like this before but i jsut wanted to let you guys know about my idea so what do you guys think? Good change bad change?
    So, you're trying to say, Divine Hymn will now be instant, put a HoT for 4 seconds on you, and a Debuff on the rogue that incapitates the rogue after 4 seconds?
    Sounds fair, but having a cc that both CC's and Heals is over the top for me.

  3. #3
    Fluffy Kitten Lohe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,474

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Divine Hymn is awesome as it is now. Sounds like you just need to learn how to use it.

  4. #4

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    Divine Hymn is awesome as it is now. Sounds like you just need to learn how to use it.
    No, Its not, they killed Divine Hymn when they made it obey LoS.

  5. #5

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu001
    So, you're trying to say, Divine Hymn will now be instant, put a HoT for 4 seconds on you, and a Debuff on the rogue that incapitates the rogue after 4 seconds?
    Sounds fair, but having a cc that both CC's and Heals is over the top for me.
    Well i though it would be A bit OP but seeing how it shars CD with Fear. has DR and is despellable to some degree i thought that it wouldnt be that bad plus the heal is shit anyways like 2k with 1.8 spell (exaggerating) but yea

  6. #6

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Well, noob me actually read it recently, I didnt realise that it healed as well. SO when you think about it, in a raid, 1800 heal on 10 targets is pretty good, even only as a heal.

    I think that this spell has great potential. But currently it looks like it never works. I did my first few arena's last week, and did ok. But it didnt notice it incapacitate at all. So I gave up and started using fear again.

    Either way, instant would be good. I like your idea, this spell has great potential!


  7. #7

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    Divine Hymn is awesome as it is now. Sounds like you just need to learn how to use it.
    Perhaps i do but comon a tell me a rogue is on your ass you would prefer the the Old DH or my Version.... fear dosent work cause A) most rogues are with a Disco Priest or B) they are Undead.

  8. #8

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mage-you-look
    Perhaps i do but comon a tell me a rogue is on your ass you would prefer the the Old DH or my Version.... fear dosent work cause A) most rogues are with a Disco Priest or B) they are Undead.
    Yes, I would prefer your stupidly overpowered version.

    Here's my version: all the stuff you said plus it is a 1,000,000 AE nuke. Now wouldn't you prefer MY version over your version? Mine is way better IMO.


  9. #9

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    OHMYGOD YOUR HILLLARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    HHHHHHHHHHIIIIILLLLLLLLLAAARRRRRIIIIIIIOOOOOUUUUUUUSSSSS

    the thing that makes it so funny is that by trying to make me look like a biased Priest with an overpowered spell instead you made yourself look like a complete jackass with shit for brains.Considering how you call mine stupidly over powered and didnt supply any way to change/improve/nerf my suggestion and tried (and failed) at an attempt at humor was pathetic.



    That was my favourtite part of your post

  10. #10

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    THIS should be added to divine humn's description:

    Only usable while fighting Gluth, and will only affect the Rotten Zombies that he summons.

    that way it will be perfectly clear to all priests what the spell is good for, and prevent threads like this from appearing again


    Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

  11. #11

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Sorry mate but I couldn't care less about that spell in PvP, give it to PvE and make it work in my mind. I really can't understand what provoked Blizzard to put a 10 target stun on a heal.

    Drop the stun and make it a 10 man renew on a five minute cooldown.

  12. #12

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Just because you dont care about PVP a large part of the community does and no matter what Pvp and Arenas will never be removed And wouldnt this be a buff to PVE anyways?

  13. #13

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Not really, I like the idea of a "raid help" button. As it stands the stun is good only in very very selected fights, as pointed out Gluth. Something more powerful like tranquility would be nice, but obviously not the same so as to tread on Druids roots. That or something that could be spec'd into for various effects, say more healing for holy, more resistance/remove snares for shadow and the stun for discipline.

    Besides the effect is changed in arenas as i understand it, doesn't the duration of the stun get nerfed?

  14. #14

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    They could remove the shared cooldown between it and Psychic Scream. God forbid priests have more than one CC every 30 seconds.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  15. #15

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    yea if they were to remove that it would be too OP just get out of a fear then Dh thats too Op, But again God forbid we be like rogues.... (Blind sap ftw)

  16. #16

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Did anyone forget to mention this incredibly op spell is on a 6 min cooldown? lol

  17. #17

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Funny thing is you are "testing" your DH against rogues, of course cause we are helpless against them. If your DH would leave dot that incapacitates enemy after 4secs, I'm sure every rogue would use Cloak before its off. So there you are again, with him on your back, fear/hymn on cd, preparing to press that num lock button(Unless you have it bound to something else) for autowalk back for your corpse.
    In my opinion:
    - it should be instant with 2mins cd
    - discipline tree, but holy school so shadow priests can use it too
    - affects like 5 hostile and 10 friendly targets instead
    - remove 40% dmg penalty but reduce duration to 5secs
    - Divine providence should increase both effect and duration of healing effect to like 10secs. (Untallented heal should be fairly weak)
    - change it to stun and make it share DR with KS, HoJ, Deep freeze etc
    - remove shared cd with fear

    Without shared cd with fear and duration reduced to 5secs it shouldn't be OP.
    It would increase both survival and control for shadow priests.
    It would benefit holy priests in raid.
    It would benefit all speccs in PvP.

    Well, just my opinion.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mage-you-look
    yea if they were to remove that it would be too OP just get out of a fear then Dh thats too Op, But again God forbid we be like rogues.... (Blind sap ftw)
    Rogues of course, but there are manyclasses able to chain-cc at least 2 times:

    Warlock: Deathcoil - Fear
    Druid: Cyclone - Cyclone
    Paladin: Hammer, Repent (or whatever it is called)

    just to name a few. Why should priests be the only class not able to chain cc at least 2 times?
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  19. #19

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    Funny thing is you are "testing" your DH against rogues, of course cause we are helpless against them. If your DH would leave dot that incapacitates enemy after 4secs, I'm sure every rogue would use Cloak before its off.
    Yea thats true but any class can really do that as well pally bubble,Ice block just to name a few the trick is to wait till they use those abilities then use DH :P

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord Izenhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    There is only one Legion.
    Posts
    4,036

    Re: Divine Hymm Changes

    Divine Hymn is ok in its current state..It'd be too powerful with a standard 2-3 min cooldown, even considering this has a use on PvE too.
    I'd rather see a all-target-shackle kind of fix rather than the Hymn modified

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •