Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Psychic scream and spell hit

Hello.

I would like to ask if anyone checked spell hit cap for a Disc Priest.
    It's kinda annoying because in arena my only CC spell is being resisted all the time.
    I run with 78 spell hit and a little penetration. Yet way way more than 50% of times PS simply fails.

I do realise arcane mages are pretty impossible to fear with their amount of reisistances. But what with other classes?

Also Whenever I use PS I recieve 2 different results: miss and resist? Any chances to get rid at lest of one od them somehow? Shall I start stacking spell hit to some incredible amount? Or just swap all my enchants/gems to spell penetration?

Its extremely confusing now. Please help.

Re: Psychic scream and spell hit

Hello. I might be completely wrong so i hope someone corrects me if I am. But I remember something about 3% hit. But I'm pretty sure that you should have atleast 76 spell penetration. 100 would probably be even better because then you begin to negate auras and mages shouldn't resist so much. 120 spell penetration is cap since mage is the only class which have more resistance.

As I mentioned im not 100% sure but I think this is the numbers more or less.
    Behind every great man there is a surprised lady.

For 80 lvl, just like for the 70. You have 95% to hit the target and 5% to miss.
    At 80 you need 5% to avoid missing for all classes but not races. Some of them has +some % to resis in shadow school of magic. Dranei and undead as i remember. You need 2% hit more to compensate that passive racial abilities.
    To completely avoid misses you need 7% of hit.
    To avoid resists you need 130 spell penetration - that will let you ignore shadow resist aura.

I do really think you will not be able to get such amount ;D. Choose what you need more and get it.

Remember that if your target is not affected by Misery, you want to aim for 6% additional hit for any shadow school spell.

And 9% for dispel.

Ignore spell penetration, it's useless.

Only spell pen you can get is 35 from cloak enchant. Don't gem for it.

You need 4% hit (105 rating) to have 100% chance to hit with spells in PvP.

You need another 2% to compensate for racial resistances.

Pallies have talents that reduces chance to hit by 4%, so against BE pallies you would need up to 10% hit. Thats a rading hit cap against bosses FFS :P

Quote Originally Posted by Knf
    Proof/Source, thank you.

Also, you should always inform values WITHOUT talent modifiers.

Pallies have talents that reduces chance to hit by 4%, so against BE pallies you would need up to 10% hit.
    What he said!

And spell penetration is not useless. It helps against pala auras, priest buffs, mage armor, so its pretty helpfull to reduce the number of resists. And you can also get it from offhand/wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Proof/Source, thank you.

Also, you should always inform values WITHOUT talent modifiers.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wow+spell+hit&l=1

Hardest thing I ever did.

Only spell pen you can get is 35 from cloak enchant. Don't gem for it.

Pallies have talents that reduces chance to hit by 4%, so against BE pallies you would need up to 10% hit. Thats a rading hit cap against bosses FFS :P
    This is mostly correct, except that rogues ALSO have a -4% chance to be missed, so you need 10% for them.

also, Draenai and Undead also have the 2% shadow racial, and need 6-10% aswell.

You should also have spell pen, 35 from cloak, and deadly off-hand and wand, which brings you up to 109, almost spell pen capping against priests/pallies, you will be capped against druids, and WAY OFF for arcane mages who need 120.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    also, Draenai and Undead also have the 2% shadow racial, and need 6-10% aswell.
    <nitpick>
    Undead only have 1% shadow racial, because WotF was deemed imba, while EMFH was not...
    </nitpick>
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    <nitpick>
    Undead only have 1% shadow racial, because WotF was deemed imba, while EMFH was not...
    </nitpick>
    no, its 2%, they changed it.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20579

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    no, its 2%, they changed it.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20579
    Hmm. Neat.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

Hm... I'm running with 78 spell hit rating so its like 1-2% below hit cap. Although I recieve MASSIVE amounts of resists/misses on Psychic Scream. It really doesn't look like 2% chance to fail. More like 30-50% if you ask me.

And I just stopped using dispel vs Arcane mages. 6 misses on dispel their slow in a row is my favourite.

Slow shouldn't be effected by anything except the 30% dispel resistance from talents. It's their buffs that are tricky to get at.

You can't mitigate lowered chance to be hit talents with spell hit.

<nitpick>
    </nitpick>
    EMFH shares CD with PvP trinkets, WotF does not. WotF is the better of the two because a lot of humans still use the PvP trinket for the resi.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Battêry
    EMFH shares CD with PvP trinkets, WotF does not. WotF is the better of the two because a lot of humans still use the PvP trinket for the resi.
    I'd gladly trade the medallion of the horde and darkmoon card berserker for berserker and the spellpower proc trinket from wintergrasp. Also my DK would gladly trade his medallion of the horde for some more damage trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Girryn
    You can't mitigate lowered chance to be hit talents with spell hit.
    Yes you can, this was fixed a long time ago, read patch notes, and it wasn't talents, it was RACIALS.

I'd gladly trade the medallion of the horde and darkmoon card berserker for berserker and the spellpower proc trinket from wintergrasp. Also my DK would gladly trade his medallion of the horde for some more damage trinket.
    I would never use EMFH over WOTF, wotf doesn't share a trinket CD, thus letting me use it on the first fear, if I get feared, or if we fear eachother breaking out early and chain mana burning.

Priest/Rogue vs Priest/Rogue, team with WOTF wins, nuff said, if I trinket a fear I'll just get blinded, stop crying, you get a free trinket in mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallex
    Hello. I might be completely wrong so i hope someone corrects me if I am. But I remember something about 3% hit. But I'm pretty sure that you should have atleast 76 spell penetration. 100 would probably be even better because then you begin to negate auras and mages shouldn't resist so much. 120 spell penetration is cap since mage is the only class which have more resistance.

As I mentioned im not 100% sure but I think this is the numbers more or less.
    wat, shadow resist buff is 130...

basically as far as hit goes for PVP you need 4% minimum to land everything on unbuffed people, then consider all the various buffs.

105 hit is how much you need for non protected people. Draenai and undead have 2% shadow protection, which puts you up to needing 158. You're never going to get enough penetration for it to make a huge difference. You can get the hit with deadly ring, hit battlemasters and a hit mh/oh/wand...