Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Destruction trying to hit 5k dps

"When u play deep destruction no matter how perfect your rotations are the only place you gonna top is the Threat meter, while most other classes outdps you while being much lower in threat."

Posting statements like this makes you retarded you know that right. Dmg to threat ratio is 1/1 for a warlock without threat reduction talents. Therefor the higher your dps the higher your threat output period. If your saying destruction magically generates more threat than affliction with lower dps you need to go read some more forums.

Dots generate the same amount of threat per point as direct dmg spells. 2k dmg=2k threat un talented/or enchanted.

Anyone good raiding affliction build has no threat reduction. Any good spec period right now doesent need threat reduction.

There is only 1 fight currently in game where threat should ever be an issue and thats Malygos. Even on Malygos one soul shatter and a hand of salvation should be more than enough to keep you below the tank.

If your MT vigilance you then you never even have to shatter except on Maly

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthere
    "When u play deep destruction no matter how perfect your rotations are the only place you gonna top is the Threat meter, while most other classes outdps you while being much lower in threat."

Posting statements like this makes you retarded you know that right. Dmg to threat ratio is 1/1 for a warlock without threat reduction talents. Therefor the higher your dps the higher your threat output period. If your saying destruction magically generates more threat than affliction with lower dps you need to go read some more forums.

Dots generate the same amount of threat per point as direct dmg spells. 2k dmg=2k threat un talented/or enchanted.

Anyone good raiding affliction build has no threat reduction. Any good spec period right now doesent need threat reduction.

There is only 1 fight currently in game where threat should ever be an issue and thats Malygos. Even on Malygos one soul shatter and a hand of salvation should be more than enough to keep you below the tank.

Offcourse Destro generates more threat, you wouldnt feel threatned by a large stream of fire being shot at your face
    (and yea threat is obviously 1/1)

Maly is pretty much the only fight i ever have to shatter on, the only exception can be Tenebron during the initial "zerg" while doing 3D Sarth, if i happen to win the crit lottery.

Chiming in a little late on this, but here's my 2 cents to the OP.

It's already been mentioned, but you are way over hit cap, unless of course you _never_ run with a shadow priest. With cataclysm and Misery that's six percent hit you don't need to worry about (and for alliance folks, 7 percent.) The dps loss you see from not capping your aff spells is negligible, and far less than the dps loss you'll see from sacrificing other stats to get it capped.

You are using flame caps and speed pots, yes? Flame caps seem to be a kind of forgotten consumable these days-they're a fantastic boost to any fire based caster.

You might also want to consider replacing two of your tier pieces, particularly the chest piece if nothing else. The lock 4 pc bonus is a LOT crappier than it sounds...it's been calced out to be a 30 dps gain at best, and you can easily get more dps than it can ever provide via the higher stats that are a number of non-tier pieces. If you're skeptical...well, just think about how often you have to tap with boss fights being as short as they are nowadays. Unless you're doing something truly stupid like tapping to keep the buff on you.

You should either go for 0/20/51 or a 2/13/56ish build--they both calc out to be the same dps wise, 2/13/56 actually simcrafts out as _very_ slightly higher than the UP build, but again...the difference is so slight I can't see anyone claiming that it's truly "the master destro build". I myself prefer 2/13/56 because it makes you just a bit _less_ dependent on your imp, for those fights where the imp cannot survive, or for those cases where your imp, heaven forbid(because, you know, this NEVER happens), dies.

For the 2/13/56 setup you might want to consider swapping the Immo Glyph or Imp glyph for the CoA one, but otherwise the playstyle is exactly the same.

As for the threat thing...I don't know why this myth persists. All destro builds invariably have 10 percent threat reduction via talents, and the "best" aff builds don't have room for Imp. DS(their threat redux talent)...and, in addition, destro has the luxury of being able to stop dps at a moment's notice, more or less, unlike aff. I've also noticed that destro seems to have a much easier time with non-patchwerk (i.e. fights you have to...you know...move?) than affliction does. May just be me, but it seems like destro can 'stick and move' a lot more fluidly. Not at all disputing the superiority of aff in a stand and fire slugfest, mind you...I just think the gap is _highly_ exaggerated.

The only other thing I've noticed with your gear is that you seem to have overvalued crit and undervalued haste. I'd chuck five or six percent of your crit chance in favor of, say, double your current haste. It bugs me that the idea that destro "needs" to crit is still around...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthere

Allow me to disagree. I currently use 2 points in imp. DS, mainly for the threat reduc, simply to give my self a bit more time before that one soulshatter pr fight has to be used. It's not like those points would make more use anywhere else. 10% threat off your DoT's allow you to push it just a bit further before you have to chill a bit.

Saying that you'll never need threat reduction on any fight is just bleh. What about the ones that reset aggro? Noth being a great example. Kel'Thuzad another one.

As an example, I reached 15k TPS on our last Patchwerk kill. Don't tell me that any tanks are gonna keep up with that. Vigilance is idd very helpful, but seeing as there is usually just one warrior tank and around 15 horny DPSers, the odds of you getting it are quite slim. Especially with state of fury warriors :/

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPie
    Chiming in a little late on this, but here's my 2 cents to the OP.

It's already been mentioned, but you are way over hit cap, unless of course you _never_ run with a shadow priest. With cataclysm and Misery that's six percent hit you don't need to worry about (and for alliance folks, 7 percent.) The dps loss you see from not capping your aff spells is negligible, and far less than the dps loss you'll see from sacrificing other stats to get it capped.

You are using flame caps and speed pots, yes? Flame caps seem to be a kind of forgotten consumable these days-they're a fantastic boost to any fire based caster.

You might also want to consider replacing two of your tier pieces, particularly the chest piece if nothing else. The lock 4 pc bonus is a LOT crappier than it sounds...it's been calced out to be a 30 dps gain at best, and you can easily get more dps than it can ever provide via the higher stats that are a number of non-tier pieces. If you're skeptical...well, just think about how often you have to tap with boss fights being as short as they are nowadays. Unless you're doing something truly stupid like tapping to keep the buff on you.

You should either go for 0/20/51 or a 2/13/56ish build--they both calc out to be the same dps wise, 2/13/56 actually simcrafts out as _very_ slightly higher than the UP build, but again...the difference is so slight I can't see anyone claiming that it's truly "the master destro build". I myself prefer 2/13/56 because it makes you just a bit _less_ dependent on your imp, for those fights where the imp cannot survive, or for those cases where your imp, heaven forbid(because, you know, this NEVER happens), dies.

For the 2/13/56 setup you might want to consider swapping the Immo Glyph or Imp glyph for the CoA one, but otherwise the playstyle is exactly the same.

As for the threat thing...I don't know why this myth persists. All destro builds invariably have 10 percent threat reduction via talents, and the "best" aff builds don't have room for Imp. DS(their threat redux talent)...and, in addition, destro has the luxury of being able to stop dps at a moment's notice, more or less, unlike aff. I've also noticed that destro seems to have a much easier time with non-patchwerk (i.e. fights you have to...you know...move?) than affliction does. May just be me, but it seems like destro can 'stick and move' a lot more fluidly. Not at all disputing the superiority of aff in a stand and fire slugfest, mind you...I just think the gap is _highly_ exaggerated.

The only other thing I've noticed with your gear is that you seem to have overvalued crit and undervalued haste. I'd chuck five or six percent of your crit chance in favor of, say, double your current haste. It bugs me that the idea that destro "needs" to crit is still around...
    Ill try to do that.
    My biggest problem is on sath 3 drakes up. Cant keep up with others, cuz of the constant moving.
    actualy I consider til go aff on that fight. Dont know of ill do more dps there.?

What i am losing in sarth 3 drakes isn't the dps on drakes, on that i am in top 3 even first a lot of times, what i am losing is the aoe part of the fight where sps do a hell of a job there along with all the others aoers : . Moreover on sarth 3 drakes, keep 2 positions that need very small movement requirement from your side to maximise your dps. I found my place with the way we are killing the drakes and i am a happy destro lock ^_^