Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Holy paladins are supposed to just stand and watch now

I wonder if they implemented a method where you could cast "lower ranks" of HL with lesser effect for less mana, that would allow healers to make decisions about healing rather than just bombing away with max rank HL for 68% overheal.

/sarcasm off

well two things..maybe more but i'll start with this..anybody who says that blizz doesn't want us to be the best single target healer is wrong
    but they also want every healer to be able to single target heal so they can't get kicked out of the raid/not invited,
    with paladins they are very good support healers..granted they are definately alot bettter at it now but you can't say or tell me that paladins are just as good as druids at raid healing...i'll just laugh in your face, and maybe hit you for being that stupid or ignorant.
    blizz tried to fix this by keeping us the main single target healer with a bit of aoe healer via a stupid glyph...which in my opinion should be thrown out...if anything they can keep the basis of the glyph but give it to the spell because right now as far as i'm concerned that is the strongest glyph in the game...healer or nonhealer. instead they should def increase the mana cost of holy light by about 25% and the glyph would be to decrease the cost of your holy light by 5% maybe...or what would be better is have the glyph be 5% increase to crit..just like FoL glyph
    healing is getting out of hand..it's more about how fast you can press a button then making the right decisions

I don't understand why people keep falling for Daedaelon's posts...He never does anything but Post Nerdrage threads where he gripes about whatever spec or class he is now, and how they're out to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brince
    Are you the one that's QQing about bringing 9 priests?
    Btw stop trolling your topics are full of flames and bad quotes.

And just to inform you: every spell rank now cost the same amount of mana, so plz stop writing crappy things, you're just making yourself look stupid.
    Where have I said that every spell rank doesn't cost same amount of mana ?

If you are refering to the ovehealing agro post then I specially said that ever healing class STILL HAS their lower rank spells to lower their OVERHEAL. Not to lower their mana output. Get a clue...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon

If you are refering to the ovehealing agro post then I specially said that ever healing class STILL HAS their lower rank spells to lower their OVERHEAL. Not to lower their mana output. Get a clue...
    Who cares about overhealing? If you're not assigned to healing a tank the most effective way to keep a ton of people healed is by using Beacon of Light on a person you know is going to take damage (like a tank or something) and spam Holy Light on the raid whereever there is damage (or a risk of damage). With every now and again using Holy Shock to fill up a meter that drops a little too sudden.

I end up on number one healing done in most fights with a ton of overhealing to go along with it. But, you know what? I'm fine with it. I don't have to care all that much about that overhealing since I still have a ton of efficient healing to go with it. It's not like that extra healing is hurting anyone or could have gone somewhere else.

And if I remember correctly, lower ranks actually costs more mana since talents doesn't affect lower ranks to the same degree.

I agree with the devs, healing is such a piece of cake in PVP, healers just dont die in PVP, we are so fukking OP!!! And comon fellow healers!!! Doing dmg in PVE is fukking hard!!! YOU do need to understand this is the reason why healing shuld be harder in PVE, We need to go OOM and wipe the raid to prevent dpsers loot fawt toys so we dont get ganked by them in pvp so much!... PS turn on your sarcasme detector, PS2 healers shuld stop fighting amongst eachother, we are a dieying breed :<

ok have i got the gist of this post , pally can now stand there and watch and get loot , means ill have to practise my comedy routine, ill need kings i suppose. someone wants to be able to chain cast flash of light because while pallys dont have an effective raid heal someone who wants to heal the tank also wants to heal the rest of the raid (tank die alot). pallys need to be continuously spamming heals so they can keep there haste rating high, but they should or shouldnt go oom? and because blizzard have made multitanking easier your worried healing is easy cos there is no healing aggro. healing wont be any easier with you in the raid dude cos youll be standing there doing nothing worrying about your hair looking like a toffee apple while the other healers will be going wtf. while this is hysterical to read dude can you give me back the last ten minutes from reading this rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon

And since when overhealing is a problem? Or you're one of those recount freaks that cares about overhealing, total hps and so on?
    5k overhealing means that your tank is now at full hp, who cares if you overheal.
    Get a clue before posting.

The OP is an uber troll/tard, been making a spree of really ignorant and dumb threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

op seems to have iq of fire extinguisher tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Brince
    And since when overhealing is a problem? Or you're one of those recount freaks that cares about overhealing, total hps and so on?
    5k overhealing means that your tank is now at full hp, who cares if you overheal.
    Get a clue before posting.
    thats the entire point of the post: heal spam and CBA about overhealing should be changed to use brains and choices before casting heal.

for example now its like a raid member took 4k damage for example instead of just trowing a max rank HL on him (bacause mana isnt a problem) you think and trust on your fellow healers because 90% chance that the target is topped up before your heal lands

but its the otherway around as well:
    a paladin goes on MT healing but take for example a brutallus encounter fast hits on short period of time as paladin you still hope you can trust your fellow druid/ priest member he assists you with hots just in case there is spike damage on your next cast

second point he made was the choices of spells to use: make healing a bit more intresting than just spam 1 spell the entire aid duration ^^

so healing with brains instead of macros will be the future again
    and that goes for all healing classes i supose

I have both a priest and pally. If disc priest are made equal to pallys in single target healing as GC has said would be ok in 3.1, and i'll be able to dual spec in 3.1 why would any raid leader want my pally. On fights where there is a lot of single target healing go disc. where there is a lot of AoE go holy, where is the down side to this. Remember I have both priest and pally so it will not matter to me personally which is better, but unless someone can explain it to me i think a priest would be a better raid choice.

Also how is the second pally supposed to heal raid damage if not by spamming HL. Single target healing with Flash of Light is way to slow, try it with fights with limited healing times. It is easy to see how you would bring a second or third priest, but harder to see even the second pally with nerfs to HL spam for raid healing.

I guess my main question with pally AoE healing so poor and Disc supposed to match pally direct heals, why bring one if the content is going to be really hard? It seems that a dual spec priest would be better, having both direct and AoE heals. If i'm wrong someone show me why.

Quote Originally Posted by manis
    Trollpatrol has a point. Paladin healing is a bit tactical atm beacose no aoe healing available (well, other than the glyph wich is kinda random). Not once I had to decide if to heal the tank, or trow a heal on a DPS or refill anthers healer life. I usually sacrifice the dps, knowing that there are about 12-13 other DPS that can handle the fight. You have to decide what heal to use, but most of the time, decide whome to heal. Druids and priests are support, why, even if they do a lot of healing in the healin meters, they actually just fill up. I saw that a druid or a priest can't keep up with MT healing, they run to fast oom by using theyre high amount heals, but hots, well, they can spam that on everyone on the raid and give a great healing bonus.

What GC dosn't want to see is healers keep a 14 minutes Sappiron fight without going oom. Wich atm happends.
    Normally I can beat a pally in mt healing, as disc priest.
    Sarth3d might be one of those where I can't.. but just cuz the pally won't go oom... I will, sooner or later.
    The 2nd is patch.. Can't beat beacon.