Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    greenmasheen

Re: Extra agro for overheals = problem solved

if HoT spells were counted as over heal, druids would be the worst over healers in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by khornate68
    you are fucking retarded

sorry it had to be said
    This.

I haven't read any more replies, I assume they will all be singing the same tune, let me add to the chorus :

Overhealing does not indicate how well a healer performs. Overhealing should only ever be looked at if healers are running out of mana and people are dying as a result, this is the only time, the only time ever that overhealing should be looked at. The measure of how well a healer performs is whether or not their targets die (not including DPS overaggro and getting 1 shotted), if they keep their people alive then they are doing their job, hence a good healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin
    This.

I haven't read any more replies, I assume they will all be singing the same tune, let me add to the chorus :

Overhealing does not indicate how well a healer performs. Overhealing should only ever be looked at if healers are running out of mana and people are dying as a result, this is the only time, the only time ever that overhealing should be looked at. The measure of how well a healer performs is whether or not their targets die (not including DPS overaggro and getting 1 shotted), if they keep their people alive then they are doing their job, hence a good healer.
    ^ Well put.

@ OP: Generally speaking though, with the cooldown on CoH and WG, they are no longer "spammable" like they were before. If a healer wants to use those spells on every cooldown even to heal just one target, let them. They will run oom and no one will take them to raids anymore.

Edit: Fingers working faster than brain this morning.

Cuz you know that overhealing to keep peeps toped off to kill a boss and get loot to progress is a bad thing.

omg the tank is at 50% use HL... just as it goes off 3 other healers top him off, you crit for 18k... all overhealing...

Like it was posted before...

Hello fights with multiple adds! I can already picture let's say Sartharion3D with all those little elementals & whelps beating the hell out of some healer who was punished for healing a target (that was just topped by someone else) too early.

Gotta love the OP's concept.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQQQQ
    I thought (maybe wrong) that CH was smart and didnt overheal.
    It is but not quite! It doesn't jump if your HP is full but if u miss 1 HP, it will jump and overheal a lot!

That would not sound good at all. Especially during heroics and raid bosses with adds. That would make the tank do more stuff to get them back onto him, but the mobs will end up going in several different directions at once because the healers are all overhealing him.

We just need to change the way our mana regeneration works. We practically have too much mana. If they don't change it, our future gear would probably regain our mana from healing spells almost instantly. If you are gonna punish overhealing, punish with a loss of mana, or a severly hard attack done to the tank, not by overkilling a healer and create mass chaos in the raid.

Shamans going oom? Am I the only one finding that retarded
    Me and a Resto shaman in our guild are kept in the same group
    and with correct timings of manatides+pots i can NEVER go
    oom NEVER this is with chain heal spam I have to get more
    haste rating to actully try to go oom, and over aggro due to
    over healing if what you mean is punish a healer to do his job
    them you sir Suck on patchwerk 2 hatefulls and your tank
    can kiss my ass, shamans going oom kek some fail shamans you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Chain heal is not the only healing spell of shamans. It should be used when needed - not 24/7. Shamans are the only class running OOM atm cause they are chainspaming chainheals.

Paladins would need some change tho - They would need a group heal that does what Glyph of HL is doing. Thats the only change needed to them.

Lastly - ppl can STILL use lower rank heals to do more exact healing needed. IT only costs the same amount of mana. So if a person is doing 90% overheal with any healing spell he can use lower rank heal to prevent overhealing.

It actually turns healing into abit of a tactical game again. Current changes that BLizzard is doing wont change anything. It will only piss ppl off 5-10 mins into each fight when their healers run OOM. And it will call for ALOT less freedom in raid setup.
    Cuz I'm going to hotkey the same heal 5 different times when I've already got totems and talented abilities all over the place..... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Likoori
    Hello fights with multiple adds! I can already picture let's say Sartharion3D with all those little elementals & whelps beating the hell out of some healer who was punished for healing a target (that was just topped by someone else) too early.

Gotta love the OP's concept.
    Hello - fights with multiple adds were all over BWL. From first boss to the last. Healers needed to watch their agro or they were dead. In other words - Tanks were not just keeping agro to save DPS classes - they were protecting ALL members of the raid.

The role of the tank has been changed over time. Not nessisery in a good way. He is not protecting all the raid anymore - he is just protecting dps.

Healers have the same role - but their healing agro has been changed. Holy priest throwing out groupheal at the wrong time during Nefarian would be dead - thats how it was supposed to be. To much healing = you get agro. Im not asking for that. Im asking for ppl to control their overheals compared to their actual heals. To me thats just a fair way since BLizzard is now trying to find ways to actually control difficulty lvls of the future content. ATM ONLY healers are supposed to control the difficutly lvl. And that is supposed to be in the form of how much mana they regen. To me thats simply wrong cause Blizzard have already gone all over the place in their balancing act for diffrent healing classes.

Stop referring to BWL, AQ40, or Naxx 40 as your answer to healing issues. Daedalon obviously never healed during Razorgore, Vael, or in the Suppression room or during Chrom.

If you had healed in any of those encounters you would have know that you did not have to be affraid of pulling aggro off of the random mobs as long as two of you 5 - 6 tanks were not complete idiots.

If he did he would realize that a 40 Man raid with 5-6 tanks, and well over 10 healers is not a reasonable analog for WotLK raiding, or even TBC raiding / raid healing.

If you refer to Daedalon's other recent threads you will see that he/she is infact a chimp with a key board or ate a serious amount of paint chips as a child.

15+ Year Old Account

Sounds like he has group heal envy, imo.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Hello - fights with multiple adds were all over BWL. From first boss to the last. Healers needed to watch their agro or they were dead. In other words - Tanks were not just keeping agro to save DPS classes - they were protecting ALL members of the raid.

The role of the tank has been changed over time. Not nessisery in a good way. He is not protecting all the raid anymore - he is just protecting dps.

Healers have the same role - but their healing agro has been changed. Holy priest throwing out groupheal at the wrong time during Nefarian would be dead - thats how it was supposed to be. To much healing = you get agro. Im not asking for that. Im asking for ppl to control their overheals compared to their actual heals. To me thats just a fair way since BLizzard is now trying to find ways to actually control difficulty lvls of the future content. ATM ONLY healers are supposed to control the difficutly lvl. And that is supposed to be in the form of how much mana they regen. To me thats simply wrong cause Blizzard have already gone all over the place in their balancing act for diffrent healing classes.
    DOES IT LOOK LIKE WERE RAIDING BWL I DONT GIVE A DAMN IF YOU RAIDED BWL
    QUIT THE GAME IF YOU THINK OVER HEALING SHOULD BE PUNISHED I HATE YOU,
    I HHATE YOU@?!?#!@?!?@?!?@?!?@

Okay.. now that that's over listen if you think healers should be punished because they
    over heal what is your problem, what do you expect them to do when the tank is full HP
    stand there and wait? if that was the case I would /sit during every boss fight in Naxx25 Man
    Our tanks NEVER LOSE HP we got x9999 druids x9999pala's who keep em topped up.

You dont make any valid reason for argument I dont know why you are going around giving these
    dumb idea's BWL was 3-4 years ago, atm this is the case healers can over heal
    dont like it quit or stop bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril
    Stop referring to BWL, AQ40, or Naxx 40 as your answer to healing issues. Daedalon obviously never healed during Razorgore, Vael, or in the Suppression room or during Chrom.

If you had healed in any of those encounters you would have know that you did not have to be affraid of pulling aggro off of the random mobs as long as two of you 5 - 6 tanks were not complete idiots.

If he did he would realize that a 40 Man raid with 5-6 tanks, and well over 10 healers is not a reasonable analog for WotLK raiding, or even TBC raiding / raid healing.

If you refer to Daedalon's other recent threads you will see that he/she is infact a chimp with a key board or ate a serious amount of paint chips as a child.
    How many tanks were needed at Magtheridon ?

And so we keep talking about 40 man content compared to 10 man or 25 man content.. What about Nax ? 40 man content that was changed to 10 mans... not 5-6 tanks... but 2 tanks.

Personally I would like to have at least 4 tanks in every encounter. 2 of the tanks could have the exact job of grabbing agro of crappy healers overhealing left right and center.

And lets make one thing straight... ALL bosses in BWL had to be watched specially because of healing agro. Bad healer spaming groupheal on Vael had the wrath of an entire raid coming. But that called for a bad tank AND a bad healer. Now healers are considered good even if they are doing 80 overhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Revoka
    Shamans going oom? Am I the only one finding that retarded
    Me and a Resto shaman in our guild are kept in the same group
    and with correct timings of manatides+pots i can NEVER go
    oom NEVER this is with chain heal spam I have to get more
    haste rating to actully try to go oom, and over aggro due to
    over healing if what you mean is punish a healer to do his job
    them you sir Suck on patchwerk 2 hatefulls and your tank
    can kiss my ass, shamans going oom kek some fail shamans you have.
    Being grouped with another shaman is not your individual mana regen is it? What if your boyfriend wasn't there with a second Mana Tide?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoke
    Being grouped with another shaman is not your individual mana regen is it? What if your boyfriend wasn't there with a second Mana Tide?
    Well aren't we talking about raids? if he wasn't there
    then I would be grouped up with the shadow priest in my guild
    and if the shadow priest wasn't there I would be watching my
    mana bar and not going insane spamming chain heal

Wake up please before posting retarded comments like this, no class
    in-game can keep healing w/o going oom, in 25 man raids
    there is no way I go oom before the bosses head is in my lap.

How many tanks were needed at Magtheridon ?

And so we keep talking about 40 man content compared to 10 man or 25 man content.. What about Nax ? 40 man content that was changed to 10 mans... not 5-6 tanks... but 2 tanks.

Personally I would like to have at least 4 tanks in every encounter. 2 of the tanks could have the exact job of grabbing agro of crappy healers overhealing left right and center.

And lets make one thing straight... ALL bosses in BWL had to be watched specially because of healing agro. Bad healer spaming groupheal on Vael had the wrath of an entire raid coming. But that called for a bad tank AND a bad healer. Now healers are considered good even if they are doing 80 overhealing.
    Uh, no. We were Horde side and even before Tranquil Air Totem we *never* had a problem with healers pulling aggro on Vael, the Suppression room, or any other stupid incident you list in BWL.

Your tanks were just fucking horrible.

Its that simple. A person that is using grouheal when single target heal would do should be punished for it directly - not 5 mins later when he runs out of mana.

Overhealing should be the best indicator on how good a healer is. If his overhealing is low and his actual healing high he is good. If its the other way around he is crap. Sadly atm Blizzard seems to be focusing on punishing the wrong ppl instead of directly punish a overheal with a agro pull.

Should a person doing 5 groupheals in a row doing 95% overheal be allowed to play like that ? OFC that person should pull agro of ANY tank. Instead Blizzard is going the way of punishing EVERY healer up to 5 mins later when they run OOM.

Easy to fix IMO.

Overheal = 3x the agro = problem solved.
    You've obviously never been a holy paladin, and from your post I ASSUME you never healed period. Holy pally efficiency is based off of crit and it is very hard to control heals to where OH is 30-40% on average. does that mean because they wear plate they should also healtank?

Face it, your idea is BAD. and by bad, I mean terrible.

Deleted

...Why would you want this?

Quote Originally Posted by Revoka
    Well aren't we talking about raids? if he wasn't there
    then I would be grouped up with the shadow priest in my guild
    and if the shadow priest wasn't there I would be watching my
    mana bar and not going insane spamming chain heal

Wake up please before posting retarded comments like this, no class
    in-game can keep healing w/o going oom, in 25 man raids
    there is no way I go oom before the bosses head is in my lap.
    Pretty sure Replenishment is a given when raiding. I was speaking of a talent that only effects the GROUP. Now considering we only bring 3 shamans to the raid and only ONE of them is resto he does have mana issues.