Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Shadow priest PVE build

    Hi there I'm quite new to Shadowpriests, ok I was Spriest sometimes but mostly I was Holy or Discipline
    Now I'm a little tired of being a healer so..... I came with this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=111719030601

    is it a good PVE build??
    Duel me if u dare! I think your chicken, /duel
    http://snoekje. mybrute. com

  2. #2

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Yeah sure, that's a good spec. The cookie cutter is just one point away (your one point in Shadow Affinity to Inner Focus).

  3. #3

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    Yeah sure, that's a good spec. The cookie cutter is just one point away (your one point in Shadow Affinity to Inner Focus).
    oh yea idd, didnt looked at it....thx
    Duel me if u dare! I think your chicken, /duel
    http://snoekje. mybrute. com

  4. #4

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Don't use Imp Shadowform for pve please.

  5. #5

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldlayne
    Don't use Imp Shadowform for pve please.
    It's perfectly fine for PvE. With Imp VE and Imp Shadowform, I barely have to move out of AoE damage now.

  6. #6

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    I use this spec just cause i love to have silence
    and i never use VE since i think its a GCD wasted. (if it wasn't chained with Shadowform i wouldn't skill it)

  7. #7

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    It's perfectly fine for PvE. With Imp VE and Imp Shadowform, I barely have to move out of AoE damage now.
    You shouldn't be standing in aoe in the first place.

    2 wasted points. Better spent in Shadow Affinity so you can /lolmindsear more.

  8. #8

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldlayne
    You shouldn't be standing in aoe in the first place.

    2 wasted points. Better spent in Shadow Affinity so you can /lolmindsear more.
    Shadow Affinity = find new tanks.

    There's absolutely no application for it - anywhere. Pushback actually happens to me - running with shit tanks doesn't.

  9. #9

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Shit tanks has nothing to do with it because our tanks are anything but. The point is, I can start casting mind sear before the mobs are even in the tanks aoe and won't pull aggro. (Naxx skitters, firemen, welps).

    If you stand in aoe's and need the 2 points, go for it but you're still bad for standing in aoe.

    edit- spelling

  10. #10

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldlayne
    Shit tanks has nothing to do with it because our tanks are anything but. The point is, I can start casting mind sear before the mobs are even in the tanks aoe and won't pull aggro. (Naxx skitters, firemen, welps).

    If you're stand in aoe's and need the 2 points, go for it but you're still bad for standing in aoe.
    Imp VE + Imp Shadowform = I take zero net damage. I think I typed that but I either communicated poorly or I'm overestimating reading comprehension on your part. I move for Chill, fire walls, void zones and poison clouds (although after the nerf I can VE heal myself through that now too). Anything else is a joke (lolfirerain).

    25% doesn't make a difference. You can go all out anyways. It's wasted points. If you pull, you hit Fade and go back to casting. Com-plete-ly wasted.

  11. #11

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    I use Imp VE for the fact that with or without it improved, it still helps my healers on KT (I also being a healer normally) and that the improved form lets me pretty much hold my own during AoE fights such as Saphi and allows me to continue using spells like SW: D without a healer even having to look over at me.

  12. #12

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    Imp VE + Imp Shadowform = I take zero net damage. I think I typed that but I either communicated poorly or I'm overestimating reading comprehension on your part. I move for Chill, fire walls, void zones and poison clouds (although after the nerf I can VE heal myself through that now too). Anything else is a joke (lolfirerain).

    25% doesn't make a difference. You can go all out anyways. It's wasted points. If you pull, you hit Fade and go back to casting. Com-plete-ly wasted.
    I take 0 net damage because I don't get hit with aoe (...and also use imp ve). There's a giant blizzard coming your way? Move out of the way. Imp SF does not affect fire walls, void zones (I think you mean fissures) or poison clouds.

    My statement stands, Imp SF is for those who don't pay attention.

  13. #13

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldlayne
    I take 0 net damage because I don't get hit with aoe (...and also use imp ve). There's a giant blizzard coming your way? Move out of the way. Imp SF does not affect fire walls, void zones (I think you mean fissures) or poison clouds.

    My statement stands, Imp SF is for those who don't pay attention.
    Wait... so you can dodge Thaddius' Chain Lightning!? Holy mechanic evasion batman...

    There are still places you take damage, it's still useful. Nuff said.

  14. #14

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by RakkaKaze
    Wait... so you can dodge Thaddius' Chain Lightning!? Holy mechanic evasion batman...

    There are still places you take damage, it's still useful. Nuff said.
    His post about reading comprehension might be useful here. I never said Imp VE was bad, I was talking about Imp SF, which has nothing to do with chain lightning.

  15. #15

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldlayne
    I take 0 net damage because I don't get hit with aoe (...and also use imp ve). There's a giant blizzard coming your way? Move out of the way. Imp SF does not affect fire walls, void zones (I think you mean fissures) or poison clouds.

    My statement stands, Imp SF is for those who don't pay attention.
    Again, your reading comprehension seems to be off, since I just listed the things that I move out of (and no, I meant void zones, as in Sarth void zones, but I guess you can include lolfissures if you like).

    Imp SF - defends against random environmental damage, helps grinding/PvP, makes Fade useful.

    Shadow Affinity - gives your tanks a reason not to stop sucking.

    /thread

  16. #16

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldlayne
    His post about reading comprehension might be useful here. I never said Imp VE was bad, I was talking about Imp SF, which has nothing to do with chain lightning.
    My original post was on VE, I know exactly what imp SF does, and once again, you can't dodge spike damage that you're going to take no matter what...

    It keeps your damage up and cooldowns more in sync.

    On another note, I have never spec'd for any of the threat reducing talents in BC nor now, since my tank has never sucked, and I leveled with him since he was 35 so we both know how to handle each other and how much we can handle.

  17. #17

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    Again, your reading comprehension seems to be off, since I just listed the things that I move out of (and no, I meant void zones, as in Sarth void zones, but I guess you can include lolfissures if you like).

    Imp SF - defends against random environmental damage, helps grinding/PvP, makes Fade useful.

    Shadow Affinity - gives your tanks a reason not to stop sucking.

    /thread
    Random damage, making fade useful... and lol grinding/pvp? Really? I'm pretty sure we were talking about boss encounters, not dailies and pvp. How does Imp SF protect against "random environmental damage," pushback? GG concentration aura.. There are no movement impairing effects to be removed if you have any common sense in this content. And I didn't realize a threat dump was useless. (firemen, aggro drops)?

  18. #18

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldlayne
    Random damage, making fade useful... and lol grinding/pvp? Really? I'm pretty sure we were talking about boss encounters, not dailies and pvp. How does Imp SF protect against "random environmental damage," pushback? GG concentration aura.. There are no movement impairing effects to be removed if you have any common sense in this content. And I didn't realize a threat dump was useless. (firemen, aggro drops)?
    ...I'm the one arguing that Fade is all you need if you pull threat.

    Obviously I don't think it's useless.

    If we agree that both are useless for raid content, then Imp SF wins for just everyday stuff. And Imp SF has use for raid content; Shadow Affinity has absolutely zero use.

  19. #19

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldlayne
    Random damage, making fade useful... and lol grinding/pvp? Really? I'm pretty sure we were talking about boss encounters, not dailies and pvp. How does Imp SF protect against "random environmental damage," pushback? GG concentration aura.. There are no movement impairing effects to be removed if you have any common sense in this content. And I didn't realize a threat dump was useless. (firemen, aggro drops)?
    Concentration Aura requires two things... A Pali, and talents giving the other % of pushback immunity thus giving you full pushback immunity...

    Imp SF gives you pushback immunity with Concentration Aura

    GG Reading Comprehension of Talents.

  20. #20

    Re: Shadow priest PVE build

    Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    ...I'm the one arguing that Fade is all you need if you pull threat.

    Obviously I don't think it's useless.

    If we agree that both are useless for raid content, then Imp SF wins for just everyday stuff. And Imp SF has use for raid content; Shadow Affinity has absolutely zero use.
    Well then, we agree.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •