Poll: Does Ghostcrawler know enough about priests/healing to make statements regarding either?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ghostcrawler- lol what?

I'd like an option to vote something along the lines of 'this thread is stupid'. perhaps in not so many words?

Thanks for your consideration.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trannysteve
    This wins.

I'm too lazy to go through all the old blue posts, though they're less than a month old. You're right on that- I should have linked (and was hoping no one would call me on it).

You are also correct that he could lobby for us to have such spells, this is true as well.

As for pissing him off: meh. He's a paid gaming professional. He should screen his rabble-rabble prior to releasing it.

But on the whole, you win. everyone else- fail.

GC would do more than just lobby for you. He is a developer, not a community manager. If he wants you to have Swiftmend and Riptide he will give them to you.

It's easy to hate on him when he makes mistakes - he is human, and there have been many mistakes - until you realize the alternative is that he never posts, dev participation in the forums is SEVERELY reduced, and they revert back to their useless roots filled with wild conjecture and outright misinformation from a misguided playerbase. You don't want that.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

My gripe with GC is his perchance to make sweaping statements in regards to specific questions or discussions. The number of times a thread about a specific aspect of one tallent tree or spell usage has been obsfcated by a generic statement about mana regen is amazing.

This indicates an arrogance and total ignorance of what the forums can be used for. We the players rack up more hours in a day than most design teams could in a week, individually we know our classes back to front and can see what effect changes will have.

If he just shut up and listened he might hear what the players are saying, not what he is.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Did you mean "penchant" and "obfuscated"?

^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Forumone
    My gripe with GC is his perchance to make sweaping statements in regards to specific questions or discussions. The number of times a thread about a specific aspect of one tallent tree or spell usage has been obsfcated by a generic statement about mana regen is amazing.

This indicates an arrogance and total ignorance of what the forums can be used for. We the players rack up more hours in a day than most design teams could in a week, individually we know our classes back to front and can see what effect changes will have.

If he just shut up and listened he might hear what the players are saying, not what he is.
    You have, without a doubt, no idea what he does or how he does it or how well he knows any class. Your arrogance is tantamount to being what you condemn. GC's statements are sweeping because he must take into account the entire game, not just your little part of it.

At Blizzcon during one of his sessions about class mechanics, he asked the entire audience if we felt that some/other classes we're OP and needed nerfing. The majority of the group raised their hands. Then he asked if we felt our class needed nerfing or was OP - no hands. That gives you an idea - just a glimmer - of what he has to do in balancing every class mechanic and what he has to put up with in forums with people QQ'ing all day long.

Yes, b/c as he said: Riptide and Swiftmend are leet priest spells
    He never actually said that. What he said was this:

...What I am really getting at are things like Swiftmend and Riptide. Swiftmend is a very fun spell -- IMO one of the best ones in the game. But you can't spam Swiftmend. In fact, you have to be pretty smart about when you set it up and when you use it. And yes it has a cooldown. Riptide has a similar mechanic where you want to X when Y happens and you can come up with a lot of other examples. Riptide is fun. Swiftmend is fun. Greater Heal... eh, it does the job. But it's not a particularly fun button to use.

Ghostcrawler > Trannysteve | True!

Ghostcrawler has an overviewing perspectiv on the game and this is surely something that you miss. Priests - or at least the priests I see - learnt to deal with their char and so will you do, young padawan!

Seriously. I think GC is like the guy in your guild that everyone picks on, laughs at because he's so serious, knows everything about all classes (rather: pretends to), and looooves to rabble-rabble about them to such delirious degrees that he confuses Priest with other classes.

One consistent thing about GC: he's always able to say something funny, especially when he's not trying. GG.
    while reading that, i broke down and cried for a few seconds because i realized...you just described ME

/sigh
    /grief

An moments pause to the loss and passing of clear thought and discussion last seen pre the "interweb".

Next post of GC have a look at the source see if it's even close to what was being discussed or asked. Possibly it's not even a discussion thread at all. He's a mouth piece and thus should thus confine himself to statements not discussion.

Thanks for clearing up the name and spelling. I was wondering how an American phone could spell those, turns out neither it or I could.

So having generated more comment, suggestions and general dialogue in the last 6 months, you have to ask what more he can do.

GC has engaged the healer community. Sometimes his statements outrageous, sometimes thought provoking.

And at the end of it all with one goal: to make the game better. He's just some computer geek programmer guy. Who leads a pretty damn big succdessful and i have no doubt divirse and opiniated team of computer geek programmer guys...

Ever listened to (read?) the stuff Tigole says/writes - man I would love to be a fly on the wall when those 2 get together and discuss game direction. Because sometimes i think they are talking about different games.

The guy is trying hard to make a good game better. He has a million smart ass 14year olds on his case already, and even if he wants to do stuff he has to get his dev team on his side - then get the stuff programmed into the game.

If you want to make better games go to Uni, learn a bunch of programming, get a few years experience in game dev and go make a difference. Oh wait - self opiniated wow nerds don't actually do anything apart from sit on thier butts playing wow and bitching and moaning about not being godlike...

You can hate GC, love, this GC is stupid, or wise. It really doesn't matter, at the end of the day we all tune up to see his blues and what he reveils about our class.

And tbh, even i dissagree with some of the things he wrote, but still i will get a little excited if he replies to my post

Lets admit it, when GC dissapears for a week on forums, i miss her!

15+ Year Old Account

He also (most likely) doesn't even care what many of you have to say about him or what he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacegoatmeep View Post
    I have it on good authority that the Park needs to be as it currently is for the launch of Legion.

As part of the opening event Illidan flys down into Stormwind, points over towards the Park and says "You are not repaired!"

Quote Originally Posted by nikkita
    Lets admit it, when GC disappears for a week on forums, I miss HIM!
    Fixed

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=35962.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trellan
    ...What I am really getting at are things like Swiftmend and Riptide. Swiftmend is a very fun spell -- IMO one of the best ones in the game. But you can't spam Swiftmend. In fact, you have to be pretty smart about when you set it up and when you use it. And yes it has a cooldown. Riptide has a similar mechanic where you want to X when Y happens and you can come up with a lot of other examples. Riptide is fun. Swiftmend is fun. Greater Heal... eh, it does the job. But it's not a particularly fun button to use.
    So... one of the options for this pole is probably utterly bullskype... A post twisted obviously out of it's intended meaning. And that automatically calls into question every other complaint here.

This tread? Automatic fail. Stop feeding the troll who obviously can't see the forest for the tree and thinks Big Bad Lumberjack GC is out to chop him down.

The poll? Automatic fail. I knew it was crap the moment I saw it... just wanted to see how stupid this troll was going to make himself look.

Despite all the complaints about life as a priest... I love every moment. And I don't envy the 10-20 Blue's that have to argue against every 3 year old that isn't as OP as they want to be.

GC? Just another employee, for better or worse. I don't expect him to know *EVERY* *SINGLE* *DETAIL* on this game... I don't think you could do any better.

Kriis
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

add another option:

"first poster is a retard"

GC never said swiftmend and riptide were priest spells, stop being bad, reason you are not invited into a raid is because you are a terribad, now go cry to a corner you terribad

Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=35962.0
    So... one of the options for this pole is probably utterly bullskype... A post twisted obviously out of it's intended meaning. And that automatically calls into question every other complaint here.

This tread? Automatic fail. Stop feeding the troll who obviously can't see the forest for the tree and thinks Big Bad Lumberjack GC is out to chop him down.

The poll? Automatic fail. I knew it was crap the moment I saw it... just wanted to see how stupid this troll was going to make himself look.

Despite all the complaints about life as a priest... I love every moment. And I don't envy the 10-20 Blue's that have to argue against every 3 year old that isn't as OP as they want to be.

GC? Just another employee, for better or worse. I don't expect him to know *EVERY* *SINGLE* *DETAIL* on this game... I don't think you could do any better.

Kriis

the OP can't even understand a sentence and he wonders why he's so bad...

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/1499...editation.html

-- Above all, ask yourself what else you would spend those points on. We don't want to see just a ton of 0 / 0 / 71 specs. We haven't really given Holy or Shadow much reason to sub-spec into each other. Maybe sub-specing into Disc isn't so bad if there is something really juicy there for you.
    Acctually there is only 70 pts in shadow(yeah, he was just making an example) but since there r some having a go at him I might just kick the guy while hes down =)

Credits to
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmasterg
    Oh and one more thing...Our Shadow Tree only holds 70 Talents points...so we couldn't be 100% shadow even if we wanted to

Ghostcrawler:

I have said before that we don't think Arena is fun when healers are immortal until mana-drained. However, we also don't think Arena is fun when someone always dies in the opening few seconds. The matches need to last long enough for something to actually happen -- for you to decide who you are going to attack or how to respond to their actions. If someone literally has almost no response for your attacks then that is not skill that is allowing you to win matches (and I am not just talking to rogues here).
    (link: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1499...-overkill.html)

Well, guess what Bliz, SPs are dying within the few opening seconds. Unless you can tell me what I'm supposed to do against a DK's rune/heart strikes or obliterates for 3k (I'm talking non crits here, yes, got screenies and yes, I got almost 900 resi), his ghoul's stuns and damage, his gargoyle's hits, his diseases ticking, his death gripping and his endless ice chains casting.

We barely ever have a response for other classes as well, apart from the 'I become a fart cloud for 6secs now, ho!' response, which is usually followed by 'hah! I escaped, I'll go heal mys-...nvm dead'

Is it so hard to find some improvements that would make this spec enjoyable in PvP again? The priest forums are full with great suggestions. Do give us something. I'm tired of having the survivability of an M&M in a fat kid camp -.-'

Quote Originally Posted by Maleia
    The good thing about GC though, is that he's way more active on the forums, albeit if half the time all he's doing is causing anger and QQ, we'd rather have that than nothing.
    exactly, before GC, there was close to zero discussion between community and Blues, sometimes Eyonix banned several hundred of people, answered with some completely offtopic manner and was also often very close to rude. even if GC is making anger nad hatred, she IS trying to communicate, gives some insight on what Blizzard is doing and why those changes are or arent going to ptr/patch, tbh Blizzard never had such a good Blue before.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    even if GC is making anger nad hatred, she IS trying to communicate

Doesn't really look like a 'she' to me... :P
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!