Poll: Does Ghostcrawler know enough about priests/healing to make statements regarding either?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ghostcrawler- lol what?

Seriously. I think GC is like the guy in your guild that everyone picks on, laughs at because he's so serious, knows everything about all classes (rather: pretends to), and looooves to rabble-rabble about them to such delirious degrees that he confuses Priest with other classes.

One consistent thing about GC: he's always able to say something funny, especially when he's not trying. GG.

Re: Ghostcrawler- lol what?

Well, you fail to realise it's his job to have a overall good knowlegde.

The other priest designer tags in very rarely, but GC just redirects the internal information.

I wish people would stop caring about the forums. What happend to the good 'old days where nobody knew what the patchnotes said before patchday.

Also, I've tanked just fine as priest in VoA, I really have!!

Exactly.

I'd like to see everyone complaining about him hold a comprehensive knowledge on every single class, and each individual change that is being made to them.
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

to a point, i agree with the OP. It's his job to know most of the up and up on everyclass in the job, he's the lead game designer, or so he's said in the past. That means, he needs to know the end and outs of every class, every instance, every profession; pretty much he has to know the entire game.

on the other hand, that's a massive task in it's self, granted i'm sure i can find more than a handfull of players if i looked hard enough that either know more, or don't have it all scrambled in their heads.

The good thing about GC though, is that he's way more active on the forums, albeit if half the time all he's doing is causing anger and QQ, we'd rather have that than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleia

The good thing about GC though, is that he's way more active on the forums, albeit if half the time all he's doing is causing anger and QQ, we'd rather have that than nothing.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

Quote Originally Posted by Maleia
    to a point, i agree with the OP. It's his job to know most of the up and up on everyclass in the job, he's the lead game designer, or so he's said in the past. That means, he needs to know the end and outs of every class, every instance, every profession; pretty much he has to know the entire game.

on the other hand, that's a massive task in it's self, granted i'm sure i can find more than a handfull of players if i looked hard enough that either know more, or don't have it all scrambled in their heads.

If I got paid for this lol "massive task", because you know it's rocket science, I think I might try to get some *background* information before making a press-ready statement.

I'm not a tank.
    I don't have swiftmend or riptide.
    I don't serve gourmet meals.
    and on and on.

It would be like the president stating how proud he is to serve the fine people of Belize.

Don't defend him- he gets PAID for his rabble-rabble, and just that combined with the rest= total fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Trannysteve
    If I got paid for this lol "massive task", because you know it's rocket science, I think I might try to get some *background* information before making a press-ready statement.

I'm not a tank.
    I don't have swiftmend or riptide.
    I don't serve gourmet meals.
    and on and on.

It would be like the president stating how proud he is to serve the fine people of Belize.

Don't defend him- he gets PAID for his rabble-rabble, and just that combined with the rest= total fail.
    GC makes forum posts...not exactly a "press-ready statement", unless you consider MMO-Champion, worldofraids, and a bunch of gamers "the press". He takes a few minutes to write up some responses, he spends the majority of his time actually doing his job. He doesn't get paid for his rabble-rabble, he gets paid for the work he does on the game. Just be thankful he makes any posts, because when he does, we get to interact and give active feedback. GC is doing a great job in my opinion, and priests are getting better as a result.

Edit: I just thought I'd point out, your president analogy is ridiculous.

Seriously. I think GC is like the guy in your guild that everyone picks on, laughs at because he's so serious, knows everything about all classes (rather: pretends to), and looooves to rabble-rabble about them to such delirious degrees that he confuses Priest with other classes.

One consistent thing about GC: he's always able to say something funny, especially when he's not trying. GG.
    Lol why the hate

Quote Originally Posted by Birds
    GC makes forum posts...not exactly a "press-ready statement", unless you consider MMO-Champion, worldofraids, and a bunch of gamers "the press". He takes a few minutes to write up some responses, he spends the majority of his time actually doing his job. He doesn't get paid for his rabble-rabble, he gets paid for the work he does on the game. Just be thankful he makes any posts, because when he does, we get to interact and give active feedback. GC is doing a great job in my opinion, and priests are getting better as a result.

Edit: I just thought I'd point out, your president analogy is ridiculous.
    It's subjective what you feel is ridiculous. No more so than Ghostcrawler forgetting that he does get paid, and if I got paid to know the in's and out's of this game, I'd make damn sure I understood a few basics before posting. The analogy is spot on- clearly you don't read enough GC posts:

I'm not a tank. Priests, who wear cloth, are not tanks. (GC telling us to tank)
    I do not have Swiftmend, or Riptide. I am a priest. (GC telling us those 2 spells are the best in the game while discussing priest spells)
    I am not a Chef. While I cook in game, and some of the food heals, That is not my function in raids. (comparing priest healing to serving a gourmet meal, and if you don't like it...)
    I don't want to reroll, no matter how much GC thinks I do.(...then reroll)
    And on and on.

As for feedback- Anytime someone even *hints* at an opposing viewpoint in the wow forums, GC will 1) temp-ban your account (has happened, and I was actually nice/constructive at the time), 2) will make a big blue post trying to tear you down rather than constructively analyze your post.

It just bothers me, and actually lots of other people: We expect someone who gets paid for a video game, whatever their interaction may be, to just know *more* about a class before they rabble-rabble on it.

It's not much to ask. Tear me down all you want, but his words have been there for all to see.

Perhaps it's because he's frequently the bearer of "bad" news? Maybe. But combine being the messenger of such news with his apparent lack of knowledge of a class...all bad. Maybe he's just flustered? Ok, fair enough, then perhaps he should calm down, run his rabble-rabble through co-workers before posting it, MAYBE try to, I dunno, "empathize" with the customers and envision how we may react? You know, things professionals (ie: people who get PAID to do something) do.

Oh right, he does get paid for WoW.

You're just unhappy you have to do more then spam PoH or whatever now...

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya
    You're just unhappy you have to do more then spam PoH or whatever now...

Spam PoH? dood. go back to the hack n' slash shit, this is for men.

With dresses.

Spam PoH? dood. go back to the hack n' slash shit, this is for men.

With dresses.
    PoM? CoH? I can't remember which one it was that was blatantly OP and they had to nerf to make raid healing actually require some thought rather then blind spamming...

And hey, I healed Kara once or twice back in my day. I obviously know everything about healing as a Priest.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

You, um, need to relax a little bit and get back on your meds.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya
    PoM? CoH? I can't remember which one it was that was blatantly OP and they had to nerf to make raid healing actually require some thought rather then blind spamming...

And hey, I healed Kara once or twice back in my day. I obviously know everything about healing as a Priest.
    PoM is so super OP they had to put a CD on it. Sickness. It's still OP, and I'm sure Blizz will nerf it once pallies/shammys/droos start catching on how awesome it is. They can't let us have too much awesome or we'll never graduate to full fledged tanks, RIGHT GC?

CoH- lawls, they're going to beef up the healing done by it next patch, then the tears will start again from other healing classes.

PoH- more tears from Shammies here next patch, I called it first.

As for you healing in kara, ya...solid run that.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby
    You, um, need to relax a little bit and get back on your meds.
    Great retort. Solid.

Now, remove your head from GC's butt and you might be able to discuss the "why" of it all. Pro-tip: you need to either dismiss or apologize for GC's class confusion posts prior to any such discussion.

I voted yes, but your options are flawed...

It needs an option for...yes, because if he wants priests to have riptide and swiftmend he is in the position to give it to them. Stop trying to piss off the person that makes your class then maybe he will be nicer when he makes your class changes.

Also, if you are going to try this type of thread at least put a link to where this was said because my guess is you completely misread what he was saying or he was posting it in such a way that most normal people would know what he meant. He isn't perfect and neither are you. Thee without sin cast the first stone.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    I voted yes, but your options are flawed...

It needs an option for...yes, because if he wants priests to have riptide and swiftmend he is in the position to give it to them. Stop trying to piss off the person that makes your class then maybe he will be nicer when he makes your class changes.

Also, if you are going to try this type of thread at least put a link to where this was said because my guess is you completely misread what he was saying or he was posting it in such a way that most normal people would know what he meant. He isn't perfect and neither are you. Thee without sin cast the first stone.
    This wins.

I'm too lazy to go through all the old blue posts, though they're less than a month old. You're right on that- I should have linked (and was hoping no one would call me on it).

You are also correct that he could lobby for us to have such spells, this is true as well.

As for pissing him off: meh. He's a paid gaming professional. He should screen his rabble-rabble prior to releasing it.

But on the whole, you win. everyone else- fail.

I think I missed something. Someone mind linking what GC said so I can see where he told priests to tank and cast riptide?

15+ Year Old Account

Naturally you guys don't like him cause he's the "the man" but i gotta say he's got some balls to constantly go on the forums and talk to the players. he's set himself up to be the new kalgan, the one people get angry at when they hate their class.

by the way Op why not put a "Yes he knows what he's talking about and i'm just being a douchebag" option?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Great retort. Solid.

Now, remove your head from GC's butt and you might be able to discuss the "why" of it all. Pro-tip: you need to either dismiss or apologize for GC's class confusion posts prior to any such discussion.

I know, thank you. People like you don't deserve anything more.

You want us to believe that you know more than one of the top designers of the game? And he plays a Priest to boot? Get over yourself.