Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Rerolling pala question

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer
    its not only sword of justice who scales with ap/str/sp, skull clad does too, without the human racial which is 3 expertice skull clad is better as the 2.74% haste outweighs the 0.5% crit by far with human racial these two weapons is even
    slower weapons gain more from ap than faster ones. at 3000ap the difference between skull clad and soj is about 100 more top end and low end damage on soj. Haste is also one of the worst stats for ret pallies

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vanesa
    What do u plan to do? Ret, Holy, or Prot?
    u shud take holy outa that question and if u had looked 10 cm longer down u coud easily see that im ret.
    ive been ret since 2.2 i think and im gona stay ret for a good while longer.

some of u ppl here have been going well off topic and i know abit about sword of justice and skull clad cleaver and the rest of naxx 10 weps.
    im gona explain to u why sword of justice is so much bether than skull clad cleaver.

Sword of Justice
    Binds when picked up
    Two-Hand Sword
    514 - 772 Damage Speed 3.80
    (169.2 damage per second)
    +70 Strength
    +105 Stamina
    Red Socket (16 str)
    Socket Bonus: +4 Critical Strike Rating
    Durability 100 / 100
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 77 (1.68% @ L80).

Colossal Skull-Clad Cleaver
    Binds when picked up
    Two-Hand Axe
    507 - 761 Damage Speed 3.40
    (186.5 damage per second)
    +90 Strength
    +54 Agility
    +94 Stamina
    Durability 120 / 120
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: Improves haste rating by 90 (2.74% @ L80).

diferences:

min - max damage = SOJ + 7 - 11
    wep type sword = SOJ 3 ekspertise if human. (ignore this if ure any other race)
    raw dps = skull clad + 17
    str (+ socket) = skull clad + 4
    stamina = SOJ + 11
    crit chance = SOJ + 0.75%
    haste = skull clad + 2.74%

that leaves to it that SOJ is superior at the most useable points eccept str wich it's only 4 behind on.
    haste is pretty much dead stat to paladin atm.
    and if u think raw dps is good for paly then think again. min - max damage dominates any wep. then it's str and crit.

the crit chance math under is not 100% acurate but i asure u it's no more than 0.02% miss.

now for the crit % increase. i take in consideration the % increase instead of rating and agi.
    45.91 crit rating = 1% crit at lvl 80.
    77 = 1.68 crit + 4 more from socket bonus = ca 0.09% increase. wich leaves 1.77% crit increase from SOJ.
    NOTE: this also count towards spell crit too wich has pretty nice useability in wotlk

for skull's agility
    52 agi = 1%
    54 agi = 1.02%
    + kings = 59 agi = ca 1.12% crit increasement.

and for u who didnt know: seal of blood/martyr. scales with min - max damage on the wep by 22%.
    means if u got 100 - 100 damage at ur stat tab. means ur judgement will be doing 22 damage every time.
    this doesn't sound right but AP and spellpower also scales with judgement.

and crusader strike + divine storm also scales with wep damage.
    the pala dot also does as all the dot sources it comes from scales with wep damage.

crusader strike SOJ > skull clad
    divine storm SOJ > skull clad
    judgement SOJ > skull clad
    seal damage SOJ > skull clad
    dot SOJ > skull clad
    White hits SOJ < skull clad

it's pretty much 5 sources vs 1 where 1 of them does more damage than white hits and the 4 others is right under.
    as your damage meter shud look like this.

1. judgement
    2.white hit
    3.seal of blood/martyr
    4.conse
    5.dot/CS/DS

6 and 7 is also 1 of the remaining as it varies betwen boss fights but dot tends to be higher than CS sometimes on still standing bosses.

btw, im not including consecration as im lacking knowledge about if it scales with wep damage or not.
    i wud like some1 to give a reliable source if this is true/false.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Crusader Strike and Divine Storm damage are normalized, so weapons with high DPS still do more damage.

Seal of Blood is not normalized, so slower weapons would do more damage.

Consecration, Judgements, Exorcism, and Holy Wrath are based on Attack Power and Spell Power, so weapon damage doesn't affect these.

Seal of Command, not sure, but I also think this isn't normalized, but I wouldn't worry or care to find out, since Blood is better in PVE.

Don't believe me, or have any other questions and concerns, go and ask in EJ pally forums.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/