Thread: just an idea :)

just an idea :)

ok i dont know if someone has mentioned this before, but i was reading another thread on eu forums on how shadow pve dps falls behind other classes and this is in part because these classes have cooldowns to burn , then i thought why not make power infusion availible to shadow priests this would give us a cd to burn and would boost dps , also could make pain supresion availibe to shadow to help out in pvp, its wouldnt fix the problem overall but would help some.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

Re: just an idea :)

Soo.. buff shadow for no reason? Theres nothing wrong with them. Shadow pve dps is higher then it should imo. If your having trouble, thats your fault. Overall spriest's dps is pretty fkin good. Buff something thats fine.. genius..

Quote Originally Posted by scotty
    ok i dont know if someone has mentioned this before, but i was reading another thread on eu forums on how shadow pve dps falls behind other classes and this is in part because these classes have cooldowns to burn , then i thought why not make power infusion availible to shadow priests this would give us a cd to burn and would boost dps , also could make pain supresion availibe to shadow to help out in pvp, its wouldnt fix the problem overall but would help some.

No clue XD I have no priests
    Kiyoshi - 80 Death Knight on Anvilmar
    Azas - 80 Hunter on Anvilmar
    Sagess - 46 Druid on Anvilmar

Quote Originally Posted by tanked
    Soo.. buff shadow for no reason? Theres nothing wrong with them. Shadow pve dps is higher then it should imo. If your having trouble, thats your fault. Overall spriest's dps is pretty fkin good. Buff something thats fine.. genius..
    I don't think there is a problem with spriest dps either but there is no way it's too high... if you're geared properly and very good at your spell rotation/priority (whatever you want to call it), you won't top dps in the current environment.

However I feel in the next teir of content you will see spriests move towards the top because I believe spriest dps increases the longer the encounter. Atm you're lucky if you get a phase to last 3mins, in a 7 to 10min sustained phase you will see how good spriest dps can be.

Decently geared but skilled shadow priests are doing fine in PvE. Maybe even a little better than they should be but I didn't say that!

It's not a faceroll spec/class, if a shadow priest has proper gear and aren't being competitive then it's user error.

It might be fun to have more cooldown decision making (mages, rogues, hunters, etc. all have cooldowns to burn for boss fights). Right now, though, we're doing just fine on DPS and there's no reason to change the mechanics of the class.