Malygos Phase 1 Help needed

Hi,

My guild is constantly getting Malygos to P3, however we have a really long P1 (takes about 4-4.5mins) as for DPS we have all DPS doing 2.3K+ with 3 of them doing 3K plus (Is this enough?). Generally we go for one spark, and if we get lucky we go for the stack based on the cooldown of DG for our DK.

Just like some advice on how to handle P1 (P2 takes us about 2.5mins)since in P3 (in P3 we generally got about 1.5mins) we get him to 15% before he enrages. Any tips or trick would be welcome. Our typical Grp set up is a Warrior Tank, Healers= Priest Pally Druid, DPS= x2 Warlock, x2Hunter, 1 Boomkin, 1 DK.

notes:

In P1 Aggro not a issue, ppl know there job and the tank keeps aggro
    In P1 Tank keeps malygos static (i.e does not move him)

Any help would be appreciated would love to down him tonight based on your advice, since most post on the forum are based around P3.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Malygos Phase 1 Help needed

4 minutes in phase 1 is fine. The most important thing is that all of you reach phase 3 alive and stack dot correctly.

We move him in fase 1. If your tank moves him, you can easily get 2, maybe 3 sparks. Also the less your dps has to move, the more dps time they have.

Well one thing you could do is go with 2 healers instead of 3 if they are up for it.
    An other thing we always do is move the boss around in p1 so that we can get 2 stacks of the sparks.

It will need some training before your tank is confident in moving him but the raid shouldn't move. The dk can deathgrip the spark to your raid like he does now.

And a last dps improvement could be a bloodlust during 2 sparks

Hope this helps and if not you should check out tankspot guides

i would disagree with yoshi, fastest known time in p3 is about 1.5-2 mins which means you need to get through p1 and 2 at best 3 minutes left. Thus i would suggest trying to make p2 go quicker, start getting your dps on those discs asap and your healers wont have too much to worry about. 4 minute p1 isnt bad, just need to do p2 quicker.

Getting two sparks is a must to give you plenty of time to walk through before the enrage.

Group the raid at the middle near the starting orb, have the tank tank Maly just where the outer lip is, then when sparks come get your tank to move 180 degrees from the spark so it will have to pass across the middle of the room where the raid and kill the sparks on top of each other as best as poss.

Don't Reley on DK's for sparks, if you position the boss 180 from the spark they will come to you, then as they pass overhead use whatever to stun / cc the spark.

What we usually do in Phase one, is that after a Vortex, we have the tank turning him away from the spark, and the raid gathers at Malygos rear, meaning the spark will come to them. They kill it (make sure it is in range of the melee) and when the 2nd spark comes the DK DG it, unless it comes from the same spot as the one before. Then we get Vortex => repeat.
    It is really important that people stand at the spark, if you have 2, then you should have 2 "debuffs".

When phase 2 pops, make sure that byour ranged stand in a spark, since they can do some dps on Malygos while he is flying for around 10-15 secs, which can easuily be 5% if you have enough ranged.

But yeah, from the times you state, I would say that phase 2 is your problem not phase one

You need 2 Dks to control the sparks no matter if its 10 or 25man. Since most groups dont feature that you have to adjust. Kill the sparks always, and try get em stacked. If they die in a less favorable place, let the tank turn the boss, thats pretty easy to coordinate in 10mans. Then gather on that spot.

Most important thing is that you all get alive through phase 1 and 2.

Focus fire in phase 2 is important so you get Discs quickly. Use em even when youre ranged (if all melee and tanks have one). Burn CDs like no tomorrow, you wont need em in P3.

And in phase 3 have 2 of the 3 healers heal and the rest DPS and only shield when needed and you burn him down quickly.

If you reach P3 with 10man alive that should do really and is more than enough if ppl move out of the static field quickly.

15+ Year Old Account

It may have already been stated but here is your problem: "In P1 Tank keeps malygos static (i.e does not move him)"

In order to maximise spark placement, have the tank swivel Malygos so that the spark approaches from behind. Because he has no cleave, it is easy to stand behind him - maybe slightly to the side. Then, drop two sparks on top of each other, because the second will pass over where you dropped the first one.

With a little practise, you will get the timing right and then *boom* - plenty of time for phase 3.

Edit: You do not need a single DK. If you have tailors present, they can throw a net on sparks (this is how we do it in ten-man). Or just time it so that ranged take the spark down effectively.
    For the Alliance!

tankspot vids are nice to watch, i disagree with some of the tatics they use(to conservative for my tastes some times) but they have good info and cider's vids do a very good job of explaining bosses.

basically in P1 you move him around, sparks spawn at 1 of 4 spots, NW NE SE SW(in between the 4 thigns that stick out of the edge of the platform). if a spark spawns at NW you move the boss to the SE, kiting alogn the raised blue lip part. raid stays in the middle circle and kill spark when it passes over them. there will usually be a spark spawn 5-10 seconds before vortex, make sure your tank knows his/her stuff.

this is kind of a carry over for my guild when you could stack mroe sparks but we always pop lust at the end of P1, when hes doign his talking thing. that also stems from the 10 man i got when our WotLK lottery went out, all the DPS is ranged lol. when we did our 6 min kill he was at 27% before he flew off.

some guilds prefer to take out the ground guys in P2 first, my way keeps the ranged standing in the spark(should have 2 stack for a few seconds while lust is still going and a single stack for 15-30 seconds) whiel they take out the first few air guys before ducking into the bubble, onyl hitting the groud guys when all the air ones are out of range.

when P2 ends have everyone group up. not sure if you are still having your DPS use the bubble in P3 but its not needed. just have 2 people heal, stack 5 on person that gets focused and pop AoE heal when the next focus is about half way done and repeat. a little trick for DPS is to do a single stack on the first EoF then go into the 1-1-2 rotation, not using bubble. just make sure everyone moves quickly and stays together when the lightning field goes down.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

OP, you really have alot of things working against you;
    -your dps is low. 2.3K is kind of disappointing for that level of content.
    -you are using three healers, which combined with low individual dps and lack of spark control makes for very low raid dps.
    -you have no shaman to use bloodlust during a spark

This is a somewhat forgiving fight. You don't have to control sparks perfectly, use only two strong healers, and have tip top dpsr's, but you need to have at least one of those things working for you.

There are several recommendations for spark control listed above. Your typical setup allows for spark stacking via tank movment for the first spark followed by deathgrip/roots for the second one. This isn't necessary for a regular kill but it does make it easier of course.

-Having two warlocks is very good because they can portal out of the vortex and continue dpsing (are you doing this?).
    -Make sure that your ranged dps goes nutso on the scions the moment they appear, don't hold back at all. This is an easy thing to miss.
    -Obviously since dps is your primary issue, you want to make sure that people are flasking up and such. It's often hard to enforce in small guilds but... well thats guild management for you.

im a boomkin, i always handle the sparks, if 10man and u prob dont have 2 dks then u cant just ignore the sparks when his DG is on cooldown, then ur boomkin is ur most important player, u guys stand in the middle, some yell out where it comes from and the tank move maly in the opposite direction, aka if it comes from south east then tank move 2 north west with malygos, the spark will move towards malygos and hover above the grp, boomkin roots when its over grp and ppl kill it, tank moves 2 north so hes rdy 2 move again... rinse and repeat

If your tank is kiting Malygos around, how do the melee attack him if you have two sparks in the middle? Just make sure that he is close enough to the middle. The way we're doing it now, there are times that I don't have the buff at all, which is very frustrating.

Also, if you have a rogue(s), they can skip every other vortex with killing spree. We often put the rogues and warlocks in one group, which pretty much makes the vortexes for one group a cinch to heal through.

Quote Originally Posted by Asanodur
    You need 2 Dks to control the sparks no matter if its 10 or 25man.
    I disagree completely I've done with 1 dk just about every week on 10 man you just have to make sure you have a druid to root and have the dk only dg the ones that are coming in from behind tank.

And everyone with about 2-3kdps with sparks is pretty low. See if you can't get your ranged dps to pick it up a bit I've had 7kdps in phase one with my mage and thats with a few blues(Helm and weapon) and our lock was pulling just under me with 6.7k.

Thanks for responses all.

Will try the suggestions and hope for a kill tonight.

watch out tank anyways, if he gets too far from melee of boss when boss is casting the breath atack the boss wil automatic turn to the raid member neerer to him this is a problem if you keep raid behind or slightly beside malygos to catch sparks better.

Downed him. Crap loot but thanks for the tips ^^