I've decided to give Disc a proper go for PvP... i'm not a massive PvP player but thought i'd try something new.
I'm normally shadow so I have a fair amount of learning to do. I've been mucking around with specs and so far i've come up with:
Now I guess i'll explain my reasoning a little, so if you disagree please explain whats wrong with my reasoning.
1. Unbreakable Will - I didn't take this because even if i'm stunned/silenced/feared for 10 sec I don't see how comming out 1.5 sec earlier means anything. I'm going to have renews & PW:S going into CC if im playing correctly and I can always trinket and fear ward some of the CC anyways.
2. Imp Fort - While i'd like to have imp fort it's a buff that can be dispelled and as a general rule I try not to spend points into something that can simply be ripped off me.
3. Inner Focus - I find I barely use this effectively and thus for personal play style reasons choose not to bother with it.
4. Enlightenment - I see a lot of builds skip this but 5% more stam can't be bad and I think haste is a fantastic pvp stat, it helps you to avoid being interrupted.
5. Reflective Shield - I'm very aggressive, even as disc... probably because my main spec is shadow and as such I want to deal as much damage as I can. In addition with all the talents spent on improving PW:S I figure you have to take it.
6. Renewed Hope, Divine Aegis, Holy Specilisation - Orginally I had all of these in my spec but after playing a bit and checking out my stats and possible future gear my crit rate was horrible. It was about 12% and I didn't see how I was going to increase that crit rate to anything reasonabe unless I started to choose dps gear, perhaps that's what you need to do but i'm a bit worried about my piddly 16K mana pool atm. In any case with my crit rate so low I can't justify spending 10 points in something that has such a slim effect.
7. Rapture - I'd like to have it but something has to give somewhere and at this stage i'm not really being killed coz i'm oom... unless i'm in a BG and i've been using my mana for a long long time.
8. Divine Fury - I never cast Gheal, and while i'd like to have a shorter smite I tend to dot and MB and even use Penance to dps with.
9. Blessed Recovery - I could be swayed to drop this talent but I find anything that keeps me alive during a stun is probably a good thing to have. At the moment I stay alive until i'm stunned/silenced so I figure while my resilience is low that this is probably an effective way to help mitigate some squishiness.
I think everything else is self explanatory, I don't expect anyone to comment that I should or shouldn't be taking any other talents.