Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ele pve is good now, predictions for ulduar?

ive noticed a lot of people looking ahead to tier 8 content with enhancement, I wanna see what you guys think about elemental? is it going to be super bad ass? or something else?

maybe ideas on set bonuses? what do you guys think ulduar is gonna bring to elemental

Re: ele pve is good now, predictions for ulduar?

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis
    ive noticed a lot of people looking ahead to tier 8 content with enhancement, I wanna see what you guys think about elemental? is it going to be super bad ass? or something else?

maybe ideas on set bonuses? what do you guys think ulduar is gonna bring to elemental
    as long as they dont screw up our itemization.... gimme more spellpowa!

as for the pve bonus... hmm im thinking some type of boost or bonus to LB or CL

i think a boost to lightning bolt would be a good idea, something like t6 4piece but we already get one from shamanism, and it scales extremely well to spell power right now, im talkin 9k lightning bolt crits with clearcasting damage increase. so i think lightning bolt is pretty set, id like to see more crit built into gear, for more clearcasting up time, we got a lot of haste from t7 so in t8 im hoping it keeps that same level of haste, but puts some more crit into the equation :

I'd like to see the % chance to lightning overload upped maybe on the 2 piece bonus. Hate to lose the LvB buff off the current set, so the new 4 has to be good.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    I'd like to see the % chance to lightning overload upped maybe on the 2 piece bonus. Hate to lose the LvB buff off the current set, so the new 4 has to be good.
    Don't know if you know it, but the LvB buff sucks.
    It increases the bonus critical strike damage by 10%.
    Now... we already have Elemental Fury, increasing it by 100%, making 50% bonus to 100% bonus.
    Then we have Lava Flows, which increases it by 24%, making LvB have a 124% bonus critical strike damage.
    That results in 224% for each crit. If you add 10% to that... it changes barely anything... i mean...
    It's an increasement of ~4.5%... that's barely anything. And don't forget that LvB is only ~20-25%, so the 4 set-bonus barely increases our dps at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Don't know if you know it, but the LvB buff sucks.
    It increases the bonus critical strike damage by 10%.
    Now... we already have Elemental Fury, increasing it by 100%, making 50% bonus to 100% bonus.
    Then we have Lava Flows, which increases it by 24%, making LvB have a 124% bonus critical strike damage.
    That results in 224% for each crit. If you add 10% to that... it changes barely anything... i mean...
    It's an increasement of ~4.5%... that's barely anything. And don't forget that LvB is only ~20-25%, so the 4 set-bonus barely increases our dps at all.
    that is a good point, it is a small dps increase :-X, but if the t8 bonus 2 or 4 piece isnt any good, would you sacrifice the upgrade from t7-t8 for that bonus ??? ? id say its not worth it, ESPECIALLY if blizz itemizes the new tier correctly :P

i play ele to dps when needed. i get the feeling that flame shock and totems are going to get the set buffs. however i would love to see something along these lines

2 piece set bonus: your Lava burst now bursts on impact dealing 20% damage done to mobs within 10 yards.
    4 piece set bonus: your unused chain lightning jumps return to hit your original target.

those would make me stay ele forever and give shammies some real casting aoe instead of just fire totems.

overall, i think ele will stay just as good as it is mow in ulduar.

those 2 bonuses are kind of redundant, its completely changing 2 spells that could be achieved by modifying both.

increased damage to lavaburst(yet again) and more damage/extra jumps on CL

good thoughts but it would be a waste of mechanic changes

yeah, that is a good point. just trying to put CL to more use on fights like maly and sarth. it wont be either of those, but i could see a magma totem buff so on those big aoe pulls in raids so that our dmg doesn't drop too much compared too mages and locks

I would like some more mail items with more haste/hit and less mp5...

But i guess that wont happen :P

Hoping for some cool set bonuses atleast

Quote Originally Posted by daruu

But i guess that wont happen :P

Hoping for some cool set bonuses atleast
    im not sure whats up with ele pieces having mp5... (t7+7.5 gloves wtf?) but hopefully that will stop, more hit would be good as well, id like to not rely on a large chunk of my hit coming from a trinket(mark of the war prisoner) so some more passive hit would be good, just included on gear. as i said earlier though haste is pretty abundant on t7 content gear, i have 500 haste flat which is an asston compared to the 5 i had in BC(75%crit tho )

more stacked up spell power would be good too... even though i like crit better :-\

just another 2cents of mine... ill wind up putting out a bank by the time im done commenting and suggesting :P

another good set bonus i think would be something like the glyph of shocking, taking the GCD of ur shocks down .5 sec... to save that gcd ur using to reapply flameshock and keep up a little more dps.... just a thought since the standard 3 glyphs are LB, lava, and FS

I want to see something like the 2 piece on 6t but instead of mp5 haste or something kinda buff to lb/cl like a crit dmg bonus

Well tbh im loving my Elemental shaman atm. I leveled as enhancement although i was elemental pre WOTLK. Then i hit 80 and realised OMG WTF have Blizz done to me. Nerf hit us hard.... So i began to level my DK. Then we get our imba scalling buff and we are back at the top of damage meters again lol.

Im Hoping for some changing in global cooldown of shocks. I think all the different element shocks ie, frost/wind/earth/flame should have a different cooldown. So we can continue to dps, interupt and reduce our threat fast without relying on cooldowns to be up. what do you people think?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Ring&n=Vistag

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ing&n=Dreadgar

in pvp separating all the shocks would definately be a nice buff, and maybe adding a root/60% slow to frost shock, and increasing earth shocks base damage

but for pve's sake theres no point in using the other shocks than flame as elemental, wind shock drops a whole 1k threat.... thats like 1/5th of a lightning bolt, its not even worth the mana

4 set bonus: Your Lavaburst spell renews the duration of Flame Shock on the target.

Now that would suit me just fine

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis
    i... so i think lightning bolt is pretty set, id like to see more crit built into gear, for more clearcasting up time, we got a lot of haste from t7 so in t8 im hoping it keeps that same level of haste, but puts some more crit into the equation :
    I don't know about you, but in my last raid StatisCL had me at a 87.3% CC uptime. I really don't want anymore crit

Quote Originally Posted by Devera
    I want to see something like the 2 piece on 6t but instead of mp5 haste or something kinda buff to lb/cl like a crit dmg bonus
    This set bonus was by fair the worst set bonus ever. It required you to drop ALL FOUR totems in order to become active, and then refreash them ever TWO minutes. Even though you would only need to drop your totems every 5 min. A better fix would be to make it passive, or possibly make it so firetotem gives spell power, Air totem gives haste, water totem gives MP5, and earth gives crit. So then you can pick and chose on trash too.

Quote Originally Posted by daruu
    Just wear cloth/leather. I found plenty of mail that was itemized perfectly for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    Both of the T7 ele shammy bonuses are GARBAGE. I never dip below 70% mana. And I can gain better stats from non T-7 Gloves / Legs / Shoulders than a 10% bonus to my LvB crits. The only reason I wear T7 Helm / chest is because they are BiS or close to it.

I have 2 ideas.

4 Pieces set bonus- Your Lightning Bolt ability has the chance of refreshing the cooldown on your Lava Burst spell. Like 10 % chance.

4 Pieces set bonus- Your Flame Shock has a chance to make the next Lava Burst instant cast.

A bit OP, but i still hope

i didnt think about refreshed cooldowns and decreased casting times, would certainly make the raids less boring spamfests. i really do like the idea of LVB refreshing FS on the target, that would be pretty awesome 8)

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

(2) Critical strikes made with your offensive spells reduce the cooldown on your Elemental Mastery by 6 seconds.

(4) Gives your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning and Lava Burst spells a 25% chance to cast a second similiar spell that cost no mana causes half damage and no threat. 10 second cooldown.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~