Spell power instead of AP

I wanted to ask maybe someone tryed full SP plate gear on a DPS DK, most of the skills in frost or unholy are magic and should get more from SP then AP.

If anyone tryed it please post how much SP you had and is it worth it.

Deleted

Re: Spell power instead of AP

DKs spells doesn't benefit from Spellpower, only from attackpower.

Seriously, open your spellbook, and read everything there is.

???

DK's gain spellpower through attack power, so putting it SP gear on your DK is just asking people to ridicule you. Haven't you seen the talent in the unholy tree called impurity? That should be hint enough. I also believe that it has been stated a million times in blue posts leading up to wotlk that explained how spellpower was going to work for DKs.

So the the short answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinc
    ???

DK's gain spellpower through attack power, so putting it SP gear on your DK is just asking people to ridicule you. Haven't you seen the talent in the unholy tree called impurity? That should be hint enough. I also believe that it has been stated a million times in blue posts leading up to wotlk that explained how spellpower was going to work for DKs.

So the the short answer is no.

dks don't have spellpower.

DK's gain spellpower through attack power
    Wrong. Look on your character sheet.

It's just that the spells scale of AP and not SP.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmoon
    I wanted to ask maybe someone tryed full SP plate gear on a DPS DK, most of the skills in frost or unholy are magic and should get more from SP then AP.

If anyone tryed it please post how much SP you had and is it worth it.
    Yes, it really works, my death coils crit for around 7k and with high spirit I recover runic power pretty fast too, so can use a death coil every 2-3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    Yes, it really works, my death coils crit for around 7k and with high spirit I recover runic power pretty fast too, so can use a death coil every 2-3 seconds.
    please tell me your being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    Don't tease the newbs.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

kriS411

I have around 1600 spellpower.
    Sad that DK is so underpowered that I still lose every fight and groups wont invite me beacuase I cant get past 1000 dps

DKs need a buff badly.

(sarcasm for those who don't notice...)

Broken thread..... good.

SP = Bad

AP = Good

enough said

Spell Penetration is great for pvp.

Gotta have more Goatbell.

havent we danced this waltz before?
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by bals
    dks don't have spellpower.
    DKs don't have spellpower in the sense of a number that shows up on the character sheet, such as a caster, but your attack power boosts the power of your spells (aka spell power). See what I did there with the word rearranging? Thanks for the useless post.

DKs don't have spellpower in the sense of a number that shows up on the character sheet, such as a caster, but your attack power boosts the power of your spells (aka spell power). See what I did there with the word rearranging? Thanks for the useless post.
    except it's not spell power

And spell power boosts the power of a casters attacks (aka Attack Power). See what I did there with the word rearranging. Retarded wasn't it? Thanks for the useless post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive
    And spell power boosts the power of a casters attacks (aka Attack Power). See what I did there with the word rearranging. Retarded wasn't it? Thanks for the useless post.
    Made my day!