Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadow Priest DPS!

Hey just want to see what my other Shadow Priests Dps is. On most fights i can do 3500+ i have around 3000 Spell Power in 25 mans. My rotation is SW p, VT, DP, MB, VE, Mind Flay repeat as needed. Heres my aromory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ak&n=Zanielmum

Re: Shadow Priest DPS!

Hi, your dps might be slightly low for your gear. Armory seems a bit buggy for me today so I can't comment on spec etc, but I can see that you aren't quite hitcapped (11% needed from gear) which would help. Other than that, are you aware that you should cast Shadow Word:Pain at as high spellpower as possible and with 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving? You can either wait with it until you have that or reapply it when you do. Hope that helps!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...h&n=Sausagefan

Close to 4.7k on Patch, generally 4.6k overall for a Naxx. You need to pick up Meditation; drop Shadow Affinity to get that. Inner Focus is nice, but not required. You aren't hit capped; if you know you'll have a Draenei in your party, you can itemize to reach 263 hit rating, otherwise 289 is the cap. The Mp5 items are blah, just wasted itemisation.

I have around 2.3k SP, i think, in shadowgear and im doing around 3.5k dps (i'm hit capped)
    so i guess you could do more

i have inner focus for 174 extra SP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Shadow21
    i have inner focus for 174 extra SP
    I meant the talent in the Discipline tree - Inner Focus.

Your spec:
    You got points in Shadow Affinity, the talent is useless unless your tank is afk.
    You also have 1 point in Blackout which makes the boss come with "immune" messages while you dps, it doesnt help, and its just annoying

You dont have Inner Focus & Meditation. Inner Focus is a must, use it on every CD. Not only does it make your spell free, it also adds 25% crit. Try using Inner Focus and then pushing Mind Sear. Its all worth it, even if only matters on trash & adds on Sarth (which alone should be enough).
    Meditation you should have, simply because its better than the other useless talents you spend points on

Stop gearing for MP5, it blows. Only item with MP5 on that is worth taking is the mace from KT 25man.
    Buy the badge ring with haste/sp and int/sta/spi, it rocks. Replace your blue ring with that.

Gem for 16hit all over untill you hit the cap, screw bonuses such as +6stamina, those are not for you.
    If you got the gold, gear for 27hit untill you hit the cap, then start filling +sp in all other sockets.

T7.5 blows btw, only the gloves are worth taking, so swap them out and screw all the bonuses asap

Dont take it personal if it sounds a little rough. Just trying to help <3

right my mistake
    i normally dont use SW d b/c it waste dps time. I use it once in the begining for the shadow weave.

A few things:
    1. As stated above wait until you have 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving before you apply SW:P
    2. Get hit capped.
    3. You could used more haste rating

You have nice gear. You should be doing higher DPS with you current set. I would sacrifice a little spell power for some haste rating. I do not remember the exact numbers but there is somewhat of a "perfect haste" where you can get 3 MF in during your MB CD.

Didn't look at your spec but after seeing the above post respec to either 14/57 or 18/53. Shadow affinity is useless and blackout is for PvP. Also are you using fiend on CD for its little extra DPS or are you saving it for mana regen?

no glad cub thanks helps alot i know some SP's do like 5500 dps and im just trying to get your guys ideas on how i can improve myself

Quote Originally Posted by me
    you should cast Shadow Word:Pain at as high spellpower as possible
    Did I say spellpower? I meant crit. Its damage does update with current spellpower when it is reapplied through Mind Flay. You do want to make sure that the boss has 5 scorches on him though, and a Wild Magic potion if you bother with those, since the crit-chance you have when you cast it doesn't change unless you let it fall off.

thanks for all the feedback i know some SP's go for crit and some go for haste right now im not really going for ethier.

no glad cub thanks helps alot i know some SP's do like 5500 dps and im just trying to get your guys ideas on how i can improve myself
    There is a site that shows the "World's Highest" DPS for each class.

Number 1 World Rank Vs Patchwerk in DPS
    Warriors 6651 (Fury)
    DeathK 6322 (DW)
    Shaman 6120 (Enhance) 6014(Elemental)
    Druid 6121 (Boomkin)
    Rogue 6613 (HaT)
    Paladin 5450 (Ret)
    Priest 5518 (Shadow)

i use my fiend for mana

alot of you said that the tier set isnt good mind telling me which pieces are good to keep like someone said the gloves are good. Any pieces that i should replace mind telling me which is a good upgrade.

Get hit capped. Forget mp5. If you're worried about regen, spirit is better and also gives you sp. I personally prioritize DP > VT > MB for cooldowns. I open with SWP, DP, VT, MB, MF, MF, SWP. If VE is needed for the fight, depending on how far I need to move to get into position I'll throw a VE up while running or wait until I'm in position and have 1.5 seconds before refreshing VT/casting MB. I'm going to assume you get close to oom on long fights, use your sfiend at 10-12k mana so you can have it towards the end if needed.

Hit cap is key, though.

Shadowpriest.com has a thread called WotLK raid gear, linked at the top. It ranks all the gear you could ever want from top to bottom as far as dps goes. You need to look into the orange numbers though since you're not hit capped. You having the Illustration makes me sad, I must admit.

Tier 7.5Head -> One from Malygos 25man (not that you have T7.5head, but if you did - this would be the one to upgrade to)
    Tier 7.5Shoulder -> One from Malygos 25man
    Tier 7.5Chest -> Gown of the something from Malygos 10man
    Tier 7.5Pants -> Pantihose of the wantoon spellcaster from Malygos 25man
    Tier 7.5Gloves rocks, keep those <3

Damn you got some Malygos farming to attend to

alot of you said that the tier set isnt good mind telling me which pieces are good to keep like someone said the gloves are good. Any pieces that i should replace mind telling me which is a good upgrade.
    Best in slot would go something like:

Head - Hood of Rationality

Gloves - Valorous gloves

Pants - Leggings of the Wanton Spellcaster or Leggings of Mortal Arrogance, depending on where you're getting your hit rating from

Chest - Again, depends on hit rating, but Heigan's Putrid Vestments and Digested Silken Robes are solid choices (as is the chest that drops from Maly 10). Still stuck with my shitty 7.5 chest

Shoulder - Valorous is fine; if you can spare the hit rating, shoulders from Maly 25 are probably best.

why does it make you sad its a extra 200 SP

damm i do have some maly farming to do