T7.5 2 set or Stats.....

Hey all,

Just messing around with gear options trying to optimize my dps and trying to figure out whats left to grab for upgrades.

heres my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...etree&n=Beavah

I am torn whether or not to wear a 2nd piece of t7.5 for 2 piece bonus.

I have 7.5 shoulders, robes, and pants sitting in bags.

But the stats I have on other items just hands down beat the 7.5 pieces.

10 man maly robes i want>my robes>t7.5 robes because i want the haste or the extra hit/crit. Its a hard choice.

25 man maly pants i want>my pants>t7.5 pants stats are just better on offset pieces.

My shoulders>7.5 shoulders----but i miss the 2 piece bonus.

My helm way better then 7.5 helm.

I need to replace my rings with naxx rings....havent had much luck with those drops
    and i am replacing my cloak with OS 2 drake cloak as soon as i can get it to drop again.(lost roll on it last night)

So any thoughts on 2 piece t7.5 vs stats of off pieces.....

Re: T7.5 2 set or Stats.....

2 set has decent uptime and considering your other slots I'd swap robes out and run with it for a bit.

Heigan's > Spell-weaver though.

I guess the way i look at it.... 2 set = a chance to increase a chance...... how good can it be? Where as Hard stats, more sp/crit/haste from off set pieces are hard stats. Thats why i am going back and forth. Its somewhat frustrating.

as destro 2 pc t7.5 is a must. Also remember that hit>sp>haste>spirit/crit

The Maly chest is only better for aff spec

The legs and shoulders are not better because they have no haste. If you have the shoulders I would go with them over the legs in order to get the 2 set.

Quote Originally Posted by Balyon
    as destro 2 pc t7.5 is a must. Also remember that hit>sp>haste>spirit/crit

The Maly chest is only better for aff spec

The legs and shoulders are not better because they have no haste. If you have the shoulders I would go with them over the legs in order to get the 2 set.
    Actually Gown of the Spell weaver is better once you figure in the fact of the increased hit on it thus you can increase the number of non-spell hit items. It is considered best in slot for dest locks also, according to warlocks den and elitest-jerks.com.

Just because as an item does not have hasted, does not mean it is not the best once you consider the other best in slot items.

you have more hit then you need now,with out a hit gem. The extra hit will be wasted when your haste is in need of work not your hit or crit.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    Actually Gown of the Spell weaver is better once you figure in the fact of the increased hit on it thus you can increase the number of non-spell hit items. It is considered best in slot for dest locks also, according to warlocks den and elitest-jerks.com.

Just because as an item does not have hasted, does not mean it is not the best once you consider the other best in slot items.
    I was giving this recommendation based on his current gear. My "dream set" does use the Gown but sadly needs a 16 hit and a sp/hit gem to make it work.

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/129486

http://wowmb.net/forums/f22/32322-wa...t_slot_destro/

keep gown of spell weaver if you can keep it for best in slot, but yes you want to keep the t7 bonus. At this point yes hit may not be in need, however look long term as far as gear upgrades in other slots.

you have more hit then you need now,with out a hit gem. The extra hit will be wasted when your haste is in need of work not your hit or crit.
    Are you assuming he has perfect raid composition. Checking his armory if he is missing hit buffs from dran or other classes he comes up short on hit.

his armory has him at about 12.5% hit and another 3% from talents. I am going off that he has at least on dran for the 1% hit, giving him 16.5%. Add a sp or boomkin to the raid and he is way over where he needs to be, while his haste, 3rd most important stat is lower then mine was at 70.

What makes you believe that the gown is best in slot for destro?

It only is only a good choice if you are lacking hit.

So still looking for facts why 2 set bonus is a must? does anyone have hard data showing that it is more dps then actually stacking sp/haste/crit hard stats. and sure my haste isnt huge. its at 408 or something with a stone on. How high would you have it go? I have some of the highest in slot Spellpower pieces in the game. SP>haste.

My hit is right where I want it. Unfortunately we dont always have a Spriest/boom with us so I shoot just shy of the 340 hit mark. I think i am at roughly 329 or something.

back to haste for a sec....someone mad a comment about having more haste at lvl 70.... thats fine and dandy but thats a pref over crit. I try to stack Spell power first which is why i have those shoulders equipt. They have 60ish more spellpower then the 7.5 shoulders. As for the robes of maly 10, I would only wear those if i got the pants of maly 25 as well to make up for the haste loss. Then I would prob replace my boots and bracers for non hit items. I like to stack haste over crit but make sure that I stay around 25% crit unbuffed.

Running simcraft with the gear set I linked yields:
    Warlock_T7_55_00_16_Gerian:
    56.2% : demonic_soul
    23.5% : eradication
    67.5% : molten_core
    100.0% : replenishment
    5.1% : shadow_trance
    73.9% : shadow_vulnerability

56% uptime on a 10% crit proc, you decide if its worth it.

TY

if your affliction neither of the set bonuses is all that great in relation to perfect in game gear set.

Currently im wearing the gloves and pants but im going to replace the pants with mortal arrogance. And im going to replace the gloves with fallen wizzard.

Raw spell dmg is hte best scaling stat for any spec, less globals on LT is also a good way to increase dps substantially especially on longer fights. Therfore most of the top end items with high spell dmg and high spirit will outweigh the tier items. I think the gloves are the only tier 7.5 item that has the opportunity to be best in slot. However this is only if your considering wearing leggings of the wanton spellcaster, and with my ideal gear arrangement i wont need them.

his armory has him at about 12.5% hit and another 3% from talents. I am going off that he has at least on dran for the 1% hit, giving him 16.5%. Add a sp or boomkin to the raid and he is way over where he needs to be, while his haste, 3rd most important stat is lower then mine was at 70.

What makes you believe that the gown is best in slot for destro?

It only is only a good choice if you are lacking hit.
    Using item comparison on wowhead.com using a full destro lock it is scored higher than t7.5 and heigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver
    My hit is right where I want it. Unfortunately we dont always have a Spriest/boom with us so I shoot just shy of the 340 hit mark. I think i am at roughly 329 or something.
    One thing you can use is several setups of gear, 1 setup for full hit without dranei or SP/Boomkin and then setups where you can drop hit to gain other stats according to the buffs you get.

I don't have the bestgear myself but I aim for lowest hitcap and keep other pieces just in case we're missing some of the buffs. all within reason ofc, you have to balance possible gain vs. possible loss and ofc most what setup you are most likely to get...

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    Using item comparison on wowhead.com using a full destro lock it is scored higher than t7.5 and heigan.
    Until you get the maly neck and pennant cloak it provides you a blue socket with a decent socket bonus to meet your meta. The difference between the two is laughable anyways...http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter....57:0.32#chest