"Better" solo char paladin or dk?

What do you guys think is a more efficient class to work with for soloing old content, dailies with the odd 5-man splashed in there?

Re: "Better" solo char paladin or dk?

A paladin would easily take longer than a DK to solo things. I don't know if you've seen the video of the DK soloing Karazhan yet or not, but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a paladin who has soloed it unless I am mistaken.

80 Warlock
    80 Druid
    80 Death Knight
    70 Shaman
    70 Warrior
    70 Mage

you're asking in the paladin forum so 3/4 of us are gonna say Paladin lol... :

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble
    What do you guys think is a more efficient class to work with for soloing old content, dailies with the odd 5-man splashed in there?
    Blood speced DK hands down the best soloing class, and this comes from a Paladin :P

DK all the way.

I can't say I had a hard time leveling my Ret Pally main, but I'm casually playing a DK and it's so effing easy it's almost boring.
    Yeah? Well, too bad. I did it anyway.

I tend to solo as an DK, but i've heard Protadins can do it quite less stressfully, even if an tad bit slower.
    For dailys/5-mans, I'd say DK, hands down.
    As for old content raids, i can't say for sure, but i _think_ an pally can solo more content, while an DK may be able to solo faster.

thanks for the replies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Claer
    A paladin would easily take longer than a DK to solo things. I don't know if you've seen the video of the DK soloing Karazhan yet or not, but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a paladin who has soloed it unless I am mistaken.
    Show me a video of any class soloing netherspite.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Or Chess, right? Cause the bosses that are logistically impossible to solo are totally counted, right?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Or Chess, right? Cause the bosses that are logistically impossible to solo are totally counted, right?
    DAMN RITE THEY ARE!
    Geostigma - Paladin - Grim Batol
    Geocloud - Rogue - Grim Batol
    Stigmatico - Warrior - Stormreaver
    Geostygma - Warlock - Stormreaver

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dVsZ...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCrawler
    Post Two: I can't believe they nerfed shaman! There must not be anyone on the design staff who plays shamans. I bet they all play Hello Kitty Island Adventures because they are all bads. I bet they are mean to their pets too. I am so mad right now that I am going to write on my wall, possibly in blood, how much better I am at designing classes. I heard at Blizzcon that they said they have no idea what they're doing. My shaman used to do okay damage but then I got beat by some other guy. It must be the designers' fault. I am not bad, just mad.

Deleted

Well, my level 58 death knight managed to aggro about 10 mobs in Andorhal and finished the fight at full HP. That wasn't possible for paladins even against undead back when I was 58. Maybe it would be today, hard to say.

But a death knight doesn't solo badass group quest elites of his level. I soloed the all three Rider quests in Icecrown. Them being undead of course helped me a little. For the final guy I already had a group and didn't even try to solo him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    Well, my level 58 death knight managed to aggro about 10 mobs in Andorhal and finished the fight at full HP. That wasn't possible for paladins even against undead back when I was 58. Maybe it would be today, hard to say.

But a death knight doesn't solo badass group quest elites of his level. I soloed the all three Rider quests in Icecrown. Them being undead of course helped me a little. For the final guy I already had a group and didn't even try to solo him.
    lvl 58 to lvl 58 a dk has 10x better gear than any class would normally have.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I have solod it before i dont have the video but it was from doing chess event and the server shutting down and afterward i had the chess immunity bug and went and killed it with my druid because it couldnt hurt me and couldnt get out of combat with my feral cat attack speed.

ret pally in all plate gear top of the line throw sacred shield on yourself and burst thru everything while throwing up flash heals u take bullshit all damage.

What is great about DK tho is certain bosses like magtheridon if you found yourself with enough physical mitigation you could deathstrike antimagic shell solo it the blast wave hits for nothing in the shell.

well I have a 79 pally and a 78 DK

they both suck

LOL

ok I would have to say DK his spec is unholy and had no problems.
    my paly has none either he is just NOT as good overall

I believe I was against the pally(ret) with all the nerfs I just got pissed about pally in general
    I remember in beta them telling us no mana problems for ret (BS)
    I just hit jud of light and healed thru everything.
    Now I can only judge for mana and it still goes down...right along with my health.

DK is best leveler no doubt

Really depends on what you're doing, IMO. I haven't solo'd any of this level 70 content yet, but I'd imagine if the bosses are the hard part, then a DK would work best. On the other hand, if trash is the hard part I'd imagine Pallys would work better.

Sure, DKs have infinite resources but if a Death Strike heal just isn't cutting it, then a DK is screwed (aside from talented gimmicks i.e. rune tap)

Depends on the fights.
    Like, ret is great for solo'ing due to art of war but if you try to do Bloodlord mandokir type of fights and you'll get owned, yet as holy such a fight takes longer but you can laugh through it.

Pallys are great but they lack of interrupts and their only defense is a 5 min cd bubble, while extermely useful sometimes, it is extremely frustrating too. trading no survivability
    or damage reduction that doesn't share cooldowns for that.

Now DKs...
    They heal based on cooldownless melee strikes so build a rune rotation from there and it's almost always up, while doing good dps at the same time.

Having a natural toughness, being silenced doesn't affect them as much too - They don't bubble but god if they can take damage; That coupled with more interrupts and snares makes them an All around better class for solo'ing.

With about the same lvl gear a DK is going to be able to solo more efficiently. Heals on Dps, decent to good defensive cooldowns(depending on if geared for tank or not) on short cooldowns. But with all cooldowns up a paladin is going to be able to solo some bigger pulls, like speced prot i pulled all of Ramparts up to the ramp including the first boss and aoe'ed it all down at once.

But the problem is paladin has to wait 5 mins for Bubble and 20 mins for lay on hands and while prot is good for lots of mobs at once its quite a bit less efficient as a single target grinder. Dk you can spec your tank build, and just throw on dps gear and do damn good dps.

The diffrence between a Dps DK and a tank DK is a couple changes in talents in a tree, for pally its a whole diffrent tree, so you have to respec as well as regear to switch from aoe grinding to single target grinding.

If your goal is nothing but soloing and outlands instances, then yeah, DK. But pally gives you the option to heal as well as tank/dps unlike Dk, depends on what you want.

I cant vouch for Blood DK's but I hear they heal quite nicely.

However, Holy Spec'ed I could solo all but 2 quests up to 80. The two I couldn't were because the mobs had massive interupt abilities.

Soloing a 250k+ hp mob was a simple matter of Seal of Wisdom and self-shock healing. Just divide 300 dps into the hps for how long it will take out of your life, lol. It's possible even that a Protadin is a more efficient solo'er than this. I haven't played one since lvl 70 when life got stale in BC.

As for normal solo quests they are absolute cake as holy. They take a smidge longer than Ret (because of kill speed) but you have to be a real tool to die and you won't ever need groups.

Whenever I do anything but DPS with mana as Ret (eg: heal myself mid fight) downtime is going to happen via drinking. I've had to solo some really mean elite mobs to help guildies as Ret and after I die the first time I switch to my 16k mana holy set and sword/board the mob to death slowly.

PS: You can't really kite with a pally, with a DK its pretty easy. However, in a fight where you have to go toe-to-toe I don't see a blood healing as well as a holy pally *shrug*. Then again, my DK is only 61 =p