Thread: Aby UI

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aby UI

Version: 3.1.3

Specifications: 4:3 screen ratio, UI fit for 1104x828 screen size (windowed of 1152x864).

Description: Graphical UI that is based off Ryas UI. Uses eePanels to creates custom windows that can be changed of color easily.

Gallery:

Casual:

Raid:

Addons:

Installation Instructions:
    1. Go into your Warcraft Directory.
    2. Back up your Interface, and WTF folders.
    3. Extract the Interface and WTF folders into your main WoW directory.
    4. Go into the newly extracted WTF folder and rename the appropriate folders for your account and characters.
    5. It might be necessary to change the profiles of certain addons for it to function or appear right.

Support: I will be updating the UI as I still plan to improve on it more and fix any issues that I get. If you get certain errors I will help you solve them, but only to an extent that I am knowledgeable of. If you have any questions then I will answer them the best I can. I'm new to uploading UI packages so I'm not entirely sure on some of this.

Download Link:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=12569

Quick Glance in HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgJo16JD99k

Tankspot thread:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...byssul-ui.html

Recent Changes:
    Changes 3.1 to 3.1.3:
    Code:
    -Border around Health Unit Frame
    -Target's Target frame moved
    -Portraits removed
    -Added OmniCC, ProcBorder addons
    -Cleaned-up Saved Variables folder
    -Fixed issue with amount of bars in SharedMedia
    Changes 3.1.3 to 3.2
    Code:
    -Metahud added
    -Health Unit frames returned to original position due to Metahud
    -Changed UI scale
    -Added possible other addons
    Changes to 3.2 to 3.2.1
    Code:
    -Fixed profiles with Grid and others (hopefully); MSG me if they don't

Re: Aby UI

I suggest getting rid of your party frame when in raid.. Other than that nice ui

Quote Originally Posted by Example
    I suggest getting rid of your party frame when in raid.. Other than that nice ui
    It's a recently new UI I made and had ran into raid like that. I had said in the post that I never intended to keep them up. Thanks for the comment.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

It feels very heavy and stuffed to the last milimeter. You should try to get rid of as much as possible, starting with the party frames, as said before.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    It feels very heavy and stuffed to the last milimeter. You should try to get rid of as much as possible, starting with the party frames, as said before.
    That's what happens when you're stuck with a 4:3 screen . It probably feels squished because I have so many action buttons because as a tank I need every single one even if some are keybinded.
    As mentioned, I did retract the party frames.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Which is a complete preference debate. Not everyone likes minimalistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post
    You just made me shit my pants..
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfremin View Post
    Luckily, I never liked the guy that much, so his absence will not affect me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethday
    Agreed. I try to keep mine minimal as possible, but anything left is neccessary. :-[

Quote Originally Posted by Dethday
    I think it looks just right. I have seen many more UIs with way more clutter. I, for one, have probably less space than that where my action bars are.

SpartanUI with some added shit for me = win

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ortaltitle.jpg

And Abyssul..... DAMN!!!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by darkhybridx
    SpartanUI with some added shit for me = win

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ortaltitle.jpg

And Abyssul..... DAMN!!!!!! lol
    Hehe, I tried to get SpartanUI to work with my setup months back, but could never seem to get it to flow. I perfer to create my own now.

It's very cluttered. And default unit frames position is bad, mkay? There's a reason almost every UI puts them in the middle of the screen somewhere; it's painful to keep cutting your eyes northwest to see health and rage/energy/mana.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    It's very cluttered. And default unit frames position is bad, mkay? There's a reason almost every UI puts them in the middle of the screen somewhere; it's painful to keep cutting your eyes northwest to see health and rage/energy/mana.
    Because the bottom isn't cluttered enough as it is; to see huge bars jagged from above my action bars? Maybe I'm still accustomed to the default postions, maybe not. How do you guys suggest I "unclutter" my UI? I don't understand why putting the health bars in the NW changes the feel. What's the difference between looking down or top left for your health?

Sorry if I sound mean, but if you say something is wrong (in your opinion) how would you specifically change it? I'm wanna learn how create a better effecient, graphical, and functional UI.

I think my health bar's are kind've boring anyways so I need a way to express them more smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul
    Because the bottom isn't cluttered enough as it is; to see huge bars jagged from above my action bars? Maybe I'm still accustomed to the default postions, maybe not. How do you guys suggest I "unclutter" my UI? I don't understand why putting the health bars in the NW changes the feel. What's the difference between looking down or top left for your health?
    The bottom is very cluttered, you should fix that too . Your action bars are rather large and you have ALL your buttons visible. Shrink them down some. You also have both Omen and Recount showing at the same time; that's never necessary. You can configure them to hide/show in combat in opposite directions (when OOC, Omen hides and Recount shows, while in combat Omen shows while Recount hides). That'll cut some space right there.

And as for having to look down to upper left for health, it's a matter of distance and peripheral vision. When the frames are in the upper left, I have to look all the way up and pull my eyes away from the action in the middle. When the bars are more centrally located, I can not only keep half an eye on them while I'm fighting, but dropping my vision to study them doesn't make me miss anything happening in front of me.

Sorry if I sound mean, but if you say something is wrong (in your opinion) how would you specifically change it? I'm wanna learn how create a better effecient, graphical, and functional UI.

I think my health bar's are kind've boring anyways so I need a way to express them more smoothly.
    Alright, here goes.

- Get rid of party frames in raid. Hell, get rid of party frames period and just make Grid toggle on when you're grouped. I'd drop Xperl entirely if it were me, but whatever.
    - Move your action bars to the middle somewhere, and possibly play with the number of target buffs/debuffs shown to make things fit.
    - Shrink your action bars down some, and hide buttons you don't need frequently. I personally play with a 3x4 block in the middle with my frequently used actions, and have other ones off to the side in a much smaller block for keeping track of cooldowns and the like. Especially with your stances (why are they so big?) and what looks like a trinket/cooldown bar.
    - Work on moving Omen/Recount to being able to hide each other.
    - With your unit frames moved, extend your buffs farther across and less down (2 rows is generally about right). And get them in the same border as the action bars, it looks funny when they're not. But good job using the same texture everywhere, it helps impart a sense of polish.

Start there and we'll see !

The bottom is very cluttered, you should fix that too . Your action bars are rather large and you have ALL your buttons visible. Shrink them down some. You also have both Omen and Recount showing at the same time; that's never necessary. You can configure them to hide/show in combat in opposite directions (when OOC, Omen hides and Recount shows, while in combat Omen shows while Recount hides). That'll cut some space right there.
    I see how my buttons are large. I am still a clicker at heart, but I am migrating towards key binds at the moment for only my most used abilities. Maybe I should remove recount during battle, but to me it ruins a kind of symmetry with Omen with the eepanel art. I understand what you are getting at though.

And as for having to look down to upper left for health, it's a matter of distance and peripheral vision. When the frames are in the upper left, I have to look all the way up and pull my eyes away from the action in the middle. When the bars are more centrally located, I can not only keep half an eye on them while I'm fighting, but dropping my vision to study them doesn't make me miss anything happening in front of me.
    Hmm... Ill have to work with that and implement that into my UI somehow. If I put the health, target, etc above my action bars then it feels even more cluttered.
    Alright, here goes.

- Get rid of party frames in raid. Hell, get rid of party frames period and just make Grid toggle on when you're grouped. I'd drop Xperl entirely if it were me, but whatever.
    -Already mentioned before, and noticed it myself. Agreed.

- Move your action bars to the middle somewhere, and possibly play with the number of target buffs/debuffs shown to make things fit.
    My action bars are already in the middle? If you mean the health bars, then sure, I might adapt to it and experiment.

- Shrink your action bars down some, and hide buttons you don't need frequently. I personally play with a 3x4 block in the middle with my frequently used actions, and have other ones off to the side in a much smaller block for keeping track of cooldowns and the like. Especially with your stances (why are they so big?) and what looks like a trinket/cooldown bar.
    I need all of my action buttons and still a clicker which is why they are big, but they can be smaller. I use every single ability on my bar, if I didn't use it then it's not there. One's that don't require my attention are pasted on a 3x2 faded out action bar elsewhere. The stance bar could be faded-out. The trinket bar is my trinket bar what do you expect me to do with it? lol

- Work on moving Omen/Recount to being able to hide each other.
    Mentioned before.

- With your unit frames moved, extend your buffs farther across and less down (2 rows is generally about right). And get them in the same border as the action bars, it looks funny when they're not. But good job using the same texture everywhere, it helps impart a sense of polish.
    I worked on that with Satrina's buff bars, but I could never get it to work with separating the buffs and debuffs so I gave up. If you can find a simple addon that can skin my buffs/debuffs then please tell

Thanks for the advice. The only issue I see now is how to make the health unit frames look better and flow nicely if I put them in the middle.

The download is a mess, you have 3 account folders, and many character and server folders. You haven't specified which one is the correct ANYTHING.

This would allow someone to actually use your UI.

Also where do you keep your textures? I didn't see a folder labeled as textures or close to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawka
    The download is a mess, you have 3 account folders, and many character and server folders. You haven't specified which one is the correct ANYTHING.

This would allow someone to actually use your UI.

Also where do you keep your textures? I didn't see a folder labeled as textures or close to.
    I'm sorry. I'm new to this and currently fixing this. What do you mean by textures? Borders, backgrounds? If so then they are in sharedmedia. If you are talking about eepanels, then I made those using layers of gradient.

Reuploaded file with version 1.0.1

Read change log.

Change log 3.0-3.1
    Code:
    (Changed version number because this is my 3rd UI)
    -Centralized Health Unit Frames
    -Changed behavior of portraits to center
    -Smaller action buttons
    -Changed position of target cast bar above player for easier detection
    -Position of DBM and raid warning alerts to fit with the new Health Unit Frames
    -Smaller Stance buttons
    -Skinned buffs/debuffs
    -Bison added to Addons
    -Removed various unneeded addons (Cartographer, etc)

Changes 3.1 to 3.1.3:
    Code:
    -Border around Health Unit Frame
    -Target's Target frame moved
    -Portraits removed
    -Added OmniCC, ProcBorder addons
    -Cleaned-up Saved Variables folder
    -Fixed issue with amount of bars in SharedMedia
    Updated ;D