Paladin Macro error

While I do alot of PvE I don't mind the odd PVP BG once in a while, I'm having some trouble with a "anti-Rogue macro" so to speak. I would like something like: Every man for himself > Hand of freedom > Sacred Shield > DF > HS.

I figure the way i'm going wrong on my macro is probably missing some type of [target]. Here how's my macro looks at the moment:

/use Every Man for Himself
    /castsequence Hand of Freedom, Sacred Shield, Divine Favor, Holy Shock

Everything seems to work apart form Holy Shock at the moment. I tried [target=myname] on HS but I get the same error, HS just won't cast.

Re: Paladin Macro error

It targets you with all those spells automagically?! I'd venture a guess that if you had a friendly targeted it would cast on them, is that what you want?

well assuming it works the way you want [target=player] should work?

/castsequence Hand of Freedom, Sacred Shield, Divine Favor, [target=player]Holy Shock

Quote Originally Posted by dashaus
    It targets you with all those spells automagically?! I'd venture a guess that if you had a friendly targeted it would cast on them, is that what you want?

well assuming it works the way you want [target=player] should work?

/castsequence Hand of Freedom, Sacred Shield, Divine Favor, [target=player]Holy Shock
    That works fine. I tried something similar this morning but I didn't use the /castsequence I used /cast.

I guess it will use the spells on my "target" but I could just fix this with [target=ToonName] right

Thanks, I guess I must have done a small typo in the 'target' bit.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Use [target=player] - that targets yourself. Targets for the [target=] tag are Player, Target, Focus, Pet, MouseOver. Those are the ones I'm familiar with, at least.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Use [target=player] - that targets yourself.  Targets for the [target=] tag are Player, Target, Focus, Pet, MouseOver.  Those are the ones I'm familiar with, at least. 
    Another valid target for [target=] is "targetoftarget".

*Edit* Of course it's "targettarget" :/
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Another valid target for [target=] is "targetoftarget".
    FAIL!!!

targettarget :P
    no "of" inbetween.

And you can do it to infinite Example: target=targettargettargettarget would target the target of the target of the target of your target.

And I am noticing the text under your avatar... is it true?
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    FAIL!!!

targettarget :P
    no "of" inbetween.

And I am noticing the text under your avatar... is it true?
    Oh shame on me. Just checked ingame in my own macros. "targettarget" is correct :>

Yes, it's true but let's try not to go offtopic, PM me for something like that ;>
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Johay
    While I do alot of PvE I don't mind the odd PVP BG once in a while, I'm having some trouble with a "anti-Rogue macro" so to speak. I would like something like: Every man for himself > Hand of freedom > Sacred Shield > DF > HS.

I figure the way i'm going wrong on my macro is probably missing some type of [target]. Here how's my macro looks at the moment:

/castsequence Hand of Freedom, Sacred Shield, Divine Favor, Holy Shock

Everything seems to work apart form Holy Shock at the moment. I tried [target=myname] on HS but I get the same error, HS just won't cast.
    Try this...
    Code:
    /castsequence [target=player]Hand of Freedom, Sacred Shield, Divine Favor, Holy Shock
    If i remember right, for /castsequence you have to declare the target/parameters for all the spells at the start.

EG: /castsequence [parameters] spell01, spell02, spell03
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    Try this...
    Code:
    /castsequence [target=player]Hand of Freedom, Sacred Shield, Divine Favor, Holy Shock
    If i remember right, for /castsequence you have to declare the target/parameters for all the spells at the start.

EG: /castsequence [parameters] spell01, spell02, spell03
    Late reply Totally forgot I made this thread :'(

That works great. Guess I went wrong because I put the parameter qat the end (Before HS) Thanks for clearing it up 8-)