Page 1 of 2
LastLast

To fix shadow pvp.

I came up with an idea how to improve shadow pvp mobility and survivability.

Dispersion, in addition to it's current effect, it allows you to place fear into a desired place, a bit like mass dispell.
    This talent needs to be the 51 pointer, so people wouldnt spec for healing and then use it. More idea's are welcome, and discuss about them.

Re: To fix shadow pvp.

I wonder what would happen if you were able to heal in shadowform.

After all, feral druids are able to shift out, cyclone, and heal themselves, and switch back to a form that doesn't use mana for attacks, so I doubt it would be so terrible...

And it couldn't really be overpowered in PVE, you would still have all the wrong stats and it doesn't seem to effect elemental shamans or boomkin druids too much.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

That is interesting, but there would have to be some catch... say, with less healing? Can't really compare feral druids, since they will oom pretty fast if they heal too much

15+ Year Old Account

holy kinda sucks,,, i mean i only have 51 thats holy but i mean healing i OOM fast...questing i oom...fast,,,thay need to buff holy for mana and dps i want to see more dmg talents in holy >lolsmite LOLSMITE!!!
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

Quote Originally Posted by Ahven
    That is interesting, but there would have to be some catch... say, with less healing? Can't really compare feral druids, since they will oom pretty fast if they heal too much
    True, but they only have to deal with mana for healing and chain-shifting. A healing debuff would be interesting, say about 20%? That way with mortal strike on you you would only get 30% healing, not completely overpowered.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    True, but they only have to deal with mana for healing and chain-shifting. A healing debuff would be interesting, say about 20%? That way with mortal strike on you you would only get 30% healing, not completely overpowered.
    Yeah, thought of that also. But still sounds too simple

Hehe, simple solutions are the best

And it would mean that using Hymn of Hope actually gives you mana, as opposed to now where it gives you enough to shift back into the shadowform it just knocked you out of.

Well since they gave shadowpriest's the "ability" to remove slowing effects with fade while in shadowform, they should buff fade a bit since it's not really hard getting a new slow effect upp.(aswell I think it should remove frostnova and so on)

When fade is up your movement speed (shadow tallent) could be increased by, lets say 30%? So you can get away when using it. So the rogue actually needs to use sprint or something^^.

Something like this would be fun aswell, this "tallent" could give you the oppertunety to cast flash heal while in shadowform. When casting flash heal in shadowform the healing gained is reduced by 50%, but also applies a buff to you. The buff increases the damage on your next ability by 10/20/30/40/50 % depending on how many flashheals you cast. Last 20 sec.

One last idea, give shadowword death a knockback effect or something

I dunno, maybe my ideas are op or dumb but well, shared some ideas that just popped up while reading yours.
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

Quote Originally Posted by Fireheart
    Well since they gave shadowpriest's the "ability" to remove slowing effects with fade while in shadowform, they should buff fade a bit since it's not really hard getting a new slow effect upp.(aswell I think it should remove frostnova and so on)

When fade is up your movement speed (shadow tallent) could be increased by, lets say 30%? So you can get away when using it. So the rogue actually needs to use sprint or something^^.

Something like this would be fun aswell, this "tallent" could give you the oppertunety to cast flash heal while in shadowform. When casting flash heal in shadowform the healing gained is reduced by 50%, but also applies a buff to you. The buff increases the damage on your next ability by 10/20/30/40/50 % depending on how many flashheals you cast. Last 20 sec.

One last idea, give shadowword death a knockback effect or something

I dunno, maybe my ideas are op or dumb but well, shared some ideas that just popped up while reading yours.
    Nice idea's Shadow word death shouldn't have a knockback in my opinion tho, or well, it could with a glyph. But it would just break the spell with other specs(disc).

They could give SW a stun as a deep shadow talent...

Or replace blackout with a talent that does this. A controllable 3 second stun would be great.

It's kinda tricky, with that short of a CD i think it shouldn't stun. And if you increase the CD, it would make SW'ing sheeps alot harder. I'm still leaning on the dispersion additional effect with fear. Any comments on that?

lets make it quick!

Shadowform gives immunity to everything! your SP is increased by 300%! thats it! pwned! muahahaha *evil laugh*

but!

Previous post has a great idea about increasing running speed with fade. that will solve every problem for pvp.

1. IS to survive a little bit more against casters, so we have it now, that with shadowform we get less damage from spells

2. Increased running speed with using fade, which will give more survivability against... ehmm... rogues for example

cuz atm there is only 3 problems for shadowpriest in pvp, and they are:rogue(death comes after 2 stuns), pally(stun-kill) and mage(counterspell)

P.S. I'm talking about having PVP gear on, so that resilense could help a bit, but it doesnt help xD and there is no point of nerfing rogues non-stop, just give something decent for survivability for casters

in the end we got... Shadow priest. PVP! Solved! no more whiners! and every body is happy

The End

Blizzard should give us imp MF and let us channel while moving! That would be fun.

DoTs and Casting time

As things are looking in the arena, every team has various ways to interrupt casts or lock you out. So in most cases, the majority from our damage comes from dots. They tick once and they get dispelled, or they just get absorbed.
    Paladin for example, there’s absolutely nothing I can do against that. He will cleanse everything, heal/absorb my direct damage and if he's smart enough, he won’t allow me to neither mass dispell nor mana burn, through his interrupts. Not even spending points in silent resolve helps much, the DoTs are dispelled nevertheless.

Suggestion

- Add a feature to either a shadow talent or to Shadowform, that applies a debuff to the dispeller of our shadow spells. I don’t think Silent Resolve should be buffed as it’s in the discipline tree.

The bottom line is, there should at least be a penalty when dispelling our only damage output in arena.

Our 51 point talent, Dispersion

At this point, and even with the (useless) improvement Blizzard suggested, dispersion is nothing more than a prologue for the upcoming death. No health regen, no speed increase or snare immunity, just a prolonging our short lives by 6secs.
    Another problem is with Cyclone. Cyclone nullifies even the mana regen benefit, making it absolutely useless. This needs a fix.

Suggestion

- Dispersion could have a major speed increase as well as removing/making us immune to stuns and snares, so we can actually get away instead of being a sitting duck.

Or

- Make it so it regenerates health in addition to mana.

Either two would make Dispersion a useful ability.

CC

All we have is a 30 second(26 talented) fear, that’s not only dispellable, it also have an 8 yard radius. So try to get to that healer on the other side of the arena with a <Insert any class> on you to fear. The notion of fade removing snares was sweet, but we all know why spamstring got its name. Also, many classes are already practically immune to it and others have a reduced duration through gems.

Suggestion:
    - Make fear cooldown and/or range greater for shadow priests. As previously suggested, a debuff could also be applied upon dispelling.

Shadowfiend

Now, most classes have pets nowadays. Those pets actually hurt a bunch, even those who are summoned for just a while, like the druids' treants or the shamans' wolves. The shadow fiend, apart from being slow, which causes it to often not being able to catch up with anything it's chasing, doesn't contribute damage-wise. Result, not only don't I gain mana, but the damage done is simply hilarious.

Suggestion:

- Increasing its speed or the damage dealt would be a nice improvement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, understand that I’m not implying we should get all of these changes, but some of them would surely help shadow priests move from gimped/useless to viable. Also, these changes should be applied only to shadows, otherwise disc or holy would get out of hand.

I’d also like to mention, I play with a PvE geared Mutilate rogue in 2v2. If I played with another class I’d probably have no chance to beat anything at all. That’s the one class I work with, and at that we have a disadvantage (sometimes to a point we might as well leave the battle) versus practically every team we will face frequently. Of the 1180 matches I’ve played (statistics ftw) in 2v2 and 3v3, I have faced 6 other shadow priests, all of which had a rogue partner and all of which I met below 1750.

Of course, uber skilled leet ninjas could probably get much higher than us purely on skill. I've only been up to 1886 this season but I have been a shadow since day one. Also, not everyone has being playing arena since S1 as a shadow priest. A spec mustn't demand from people to become pro's in order to reach a decent rating.

These suggestions wouldn't even require new skills to be implemented. I wish for the developers to try SP in arena for themselves and realize how easy it'd be to make it a proper spec.

dispersion,

resets all shadow cooldowns and heals like how u gain mana too

solved
    if you flip the penny three time and don't get any tails, you should take the penny to the bank and tell them it's broken.

I really like that actually, except the reset should really be off the GCD to let us have some burst.

Mind Blast
    SW
    *shadow reset*
    Mind Blast
    SW

Would be nice burst for a cooldown, and putting it on dispersion means you cannot use it to reset our only real long shadow cooldown, dispersion...

i wonder if making you immune to everything but AoE while dispersed would be too overpowered. Definitely whined about, but OP? i doubt it. besides, why should i be damaged by that rogues dagger if i'm nothing but pure energy, eh?

Dispersion should be the ultimate shadow form ie the priest would gather strenght from shadows around and shouldnt be able to use it out of shadowform and while doing so it shouldnt only replenish your mana it should buff you.
    SPs lack a form of "cooldown" so i got the idea after dirspersion ends the priest gain a SP increase of 100% for X secs(or 50% core and 100% if the priest gets damaged while in dispersion), some might think it would be awesome just for pve, but it might give the priest an edge in pvp aswell.
    Remember dispersion is the 51 point talen and it has a long CD.

Hitting pure energy sounds like it could hurt alot as well. Up until now the shadowpriest has been the gank favourite along with warlocks. Making dispersion reflect all dmg would surely make it a bit easier being a shadowpriest in pvp. It would also force the gankers to actually respond to what you're doing instead of just keep on hitting you as it is now.

Well, i think the CD reset dispersion is a nice idea, but don't you think if every class get's one it's kinda dull?
    One interesting thing was the dispersion damage reflect, and healthgain. But we all know how powerful a shadowpriest was, when played good in tbc. We don't want to make it utterly OP